The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Nate Diaz Attends UFC 200 Presser — WILL Fight On UFC 200, Takes Headliner Seat... Vote_lcapNate Diaz Attends UFC 200 Presser — WILL Fight On UFC 200, Takes Headliner Seat... Voting_barNate Diaz Attends UFC 200 Presser — WILL Fight On UFC 200, Takes Headliner Seat... Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Nate Diaz Attends UFC 200 Presser — WILL Fight On UFC 200, Takes Headliner Seat... Vote_lcapNate Diaz Attends UFC 200 Presser — WILL Fight On UFC 200, Takes Headliner Seat... Voting_barNate Diaz Attends UFC 200 Presser — WILL Fight On UFC 200, Takes Headliner Seat... Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Nate Diaz Attends UFC 200 Presser — WILL Fight On UFC 200, Takes Headliner Seat...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22847

Nate Diaz Attends UFC 200 Presser — WILL Fight On UFC 200, Takes Headliner Seat... Empty
PostSubject: Nate Diaz Attends UFC 200 Presser — WILL Fight On UFC 200, Takes Headliner Seat...   Nate Diaz Attends UFC 200 Presser — WILL Fight On UFC 200, Takes Headliner Seat... EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 5:24 pm

With the UFC 200 Press conference still underway, UFC President Dana White surprised fans and media in attendance by announcing Nate Diaz as remaining on the historic fight card.
Continued @ entimports.com

cheers That's awesome, he deserves to get a fight on that card at this point IMO. I wonder who they will line him up with...
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Nate Diaz Attends UFC 200 Presser — WILL Fight On UFC 200, Takes Headliner Seat... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nate Diaz Attends UFC 200 Presser — WILL Fight On UFC 200, Takes Headliner Seat...   Nate Diaz Attends UFC 200 Presser — WILL Fight On UFC 200, Takes Headliner Seat... EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 5:44 pm

Quote :
“I came to fight Conor McGregor and I don’t really have too much interest in anyone else. I don’t have any interest in fighting at all. If thats what we’re going to do I thought we were going to do it.

I didn’t ask for that fight, but he asked for it because he wanted it. If that ain’t gonna happen I’m going on vacation. [It’s Conor Or Nothing]

I understand it’s all good. Let him get his train on. It’s all good with me.

That’s what he wanted, I’m down for whatever. If we’re not going to get that fight I’m going on vacation for real.”
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59441

PostSubject: Re: Nate Diaz Attends UFC 200 Presser — WILL Fight On UFC 200, Takes Headliner Seat...   Nate Diaz Attends UFC 200 Presser — WILL Fight On UFC 200, Takes Headliner Seat... EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 10:16 pm

Soooo......no then?
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

Standard Cash : 10249

PostSubject: Re: Nate Diaz Attends UFC 200 Presser — WILL Fight On UFC 200, Takes Headliner Seat...   Nate Diaz Attends UFC 200 Presser — WILL Fight On UFC 200, Takes Headliner Seat... EmptyMon Apr 25, 2016 12:41 pm

diaz is being smart. capitalize on that one fight because you will never see a pay day like this again.

life changing money!
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Nate Diaz Attends UFC 200 Presser — WILL Fight On UFC 200, Takes Headliner Seat...   Nate Diaz Attends UFC 200 Presser — WILL Fight On UFC 200, Takes Headliner Seat... EmptyMon Apr 25, 2016 12:57 pm

I would continue to demand the fight until UFC gives in. Nate deserves that $ and if he doesn't give a shit then let it roll. Have Conor do stuff via live video conferences, it will sell more tickets and make everyone more money. The UFC simply has to say the only reason they are allowing it is for Nate's sake and Conor is a lucky mother for having such a gracious opponent and yada yada yada... That IMO is the only way to save face and still get this fight booked for 200.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Nate Diaz Attends UFC 200 Presser — WILL Fight On UFC 200, Takes Headliner Seat...   Nate Diaz Attends UFC 200 Presser — WILL Fight On UFC 200, Takes Headliner Seat... EmptyMon Apr 25, 2016 3:26 pm

Chrom wrote:
I would continue to demand the fight until UFC gives in. Nate deserves that $ and if he doesn't give a shit then let it roll. Have Conor do stuff via live video conferences, it will sell more tickets and make everyone more money. The UFC simply has to say the only reason they are allowing it is for Nate's sake and Conor is a lucky mother for having such a gracious opponent and yada yada yada... That IMO is the only way to save face and still get this fight booked for 200.

They still wouldn't save face doing that, IMO.
Even if the fans and media let them off he hook (they wouldn't), the other fighters- several of whom are already weary of Conor's seemingly preferential treatment- would be in an uproar.

If Nate really doesn't care one way or the other, I hope he does go on vacation instead of fighting. I don't want to see him force the UFC's hand in enabling McGregor to get away with this.
Yeah, he's missing out on a big payday, but maybe he can spin this to his advantage by working out a little "hush money" agreement with the UFC where he agrees to not campaign for the McGregor fight in exchange for a good chunk of change.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Nate Diaz Attends UFC 200 Presser — WILL Fight On UFC 200, Takes Headliner Seat...   Nate Diaz Attends UFC 200 Presser — WILL Fight On UFC 200, Takes Headliner Seat... EmptyMon Apr 25, 2016 4:01 pm

Yeah, that works. I just think Diaz deserves to get something outta this debacle.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Nate Diaz Attends UFC 200 Presser — WILL Fight On UFC 200, Takes Headliner Seat...   Nate Diaz Attends UFC 200 Presser — WILL Fight On UFC 200, Takes Headliner Seat... EmptyMon Apr 25, 2016 5:16 pm

Yeah I'm not sure why he's so adamant that it's McGregor or nothing. He's kind of pigeon-holing himself here when he absolutely does not need to.
Sure, the McGregor fight is huge money, but any chance he gets to fight on the UFC 200 card has got to be pretty big money, too.
Up until he beat McGregor, I'd say his chances of getting a spot on this card were slim to none, so I'm kinda surprised he's not being a little more agreeable to an opponent change.
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: Nate Diaz Attends UFC 200 Presser — WILL Fight On UFC 200, Takes Headliner Seat...   Nate Diaz Attends UFC 200 Presser — WILL Fight On UFC 200, Takes Headliner Seat... EmptyTue Apr 26, 2016 2:11 pm

MONEY MONEY MONEY

Diaz knows that McGregor rematch will bring him millions so why risk it fighting any other fighters where he will make 250k and the possibility of losing the rematch if he loses a fight against someone else.

diaz is playing this one smart. id sit out until conor was ready to fight and id make enough money where I wouldn't have to fight ever again.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Nate Diaz Attends UFC 200 Presser — WILL Fight On UFC 200, Takes Headliner Seat...   Nate Diaz Attends UFC 200 Presser — WILL Fight On UFC 200, Takes Headliner Seat... EmptyTue Apr 26, 2016 2:41 pm

Yeah that's why I said before that if he really doesn't care one way or the other he should just take a break. At this point for me I'd rather he not fight at all than fight McGregor at UFC 200. McGregor doesn't deserve it.

If Diaz wants to stay on the card against someone else, great. But if he wants to fight McGregor, fight him later.
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: Nate Diaz Attends UFC 200 Presser — WILL Fight On UFC 200, Takes Headliner Seat...   Nate Diaz Attends UFC 200 Presser — WILL Fight On UFC 200, Takes Headliner Seat... EmptyWed Apr 27, 2016 11:22 am

I hope they do diaz vs McGregor in NYC.. because ill be sitting cage side!!
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12607

PostSubject: Re: Nate Diaz Attends UFC 200 Presser — WILL Fight On UFC 200, Takes Headliner Seat...   Nate Diaz Attends UFC 200 Presser — WILL Fight On UFC 200, Takes Headliner Seat... EmptyWed Apr 27, 2016 11:58 am

drainbamage wrote:
I hope they do diaz vs McGregor in NYC.. because ill be sitting cage side!!
I hope they do too, but i doubt the UFC keeps Conor out that long. They'll probably fight at ufc 201.

I understand that a fight with conor would be a ton of money, but a title shot as the co-main of ufc 200 would have to be close no? Plus its a shot at the title and a chance at redmption. Meh, i dont know not a big fan of the only fighting for the money thing...
Back to top Go down
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

Standard Cash : 16386

PostSubject: Re: Nate Diaz Attends UFC 200 Presser — WILL Fight On UFC 200, Takes Headliner Seat...   Nate Diaz Attends UFC 200 Presser — WILL Fight On UFC 200, Takes Headliner Seat... EmptyWed Apr 27, 2016 12:20 pm

I'm fine with the diaz bros doing it.......not biased but they have never had the push or help some of these other guys have and they have never been shy about what they want so to me its not like they are trying to claim they are the best and will fight the best but suddenly when the best is put in front of them they back down....they have been up front about the fights they want and the other thing is their style and perspective of fighting....they are the farthest thing from point fighters or sport fighters....they are just savage ass fighter willing to be in a "fight" and not a match.....so if they just want to be compensated for going in and laying it all on the line and risking health and longevity and aren't afraid to be vocal about it, well I'm cool with it and hope it works out for him\them......because we all know that at whatever point either of them makes it back in the cage theres no question that they will be there in top shape and ready to kill or be killed and not worrie about points.....now if say GSP makes his return....he will most likely make millions and before the fight goes down we will all be wondering which gsp will show up safe gsp or the assassin that destroyed sean sherk and many others.......that's not a question we'll ever have with the diaz boys and not having to ask that question is worth a good chunk of change imo.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Nate Diaz Attends UFC 200 Presser — WILL Fight On UFC 200, Takes Headliner Seat...   Nate Diaz Attends UFC 200 Presser — WILL Fight On UFC 200, Takes Headliner Seat... EmptyWed Apr 27, 2016 3:53 pm

And Nate has said several times in the past that he wants a title shot, he wants to fight this guy, he wants to fight that guy, and so on. He's never said "I want to fight whoever is going to get me paid the most".
Sounds like he was looking forward to beating the shit out of McGregor and since he can't, he's not interested in a replacement.

Also, did I miss the part where he was offered a title shot and turned it down? I doubt he wouldn't have taken that fight. He's said recently that he wants another shot at RDA.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nate Diaz Attends UFC 200 Presser — WILL Fight On UFC 200, Takes Headliner Seat...   Nate Diaz Attends UFC 200 Presser — WILL Fight On UFC 200, Takes Headliner Seat... Empty

Back to top Go down

Nate Diaz Attends UFC 200 Presser — WILL Fight On UFC 200, Takes Headliner Seat...
Page 1 of 1