The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Nate Diaz feels disrespected by UFC and fans making 'ridiculous' excuses for Conor McGregor's loss Vote_lcapNate Diaz feels disrespected by UFC and fans making 'ridiculous' excuses for Conor McGregor's loss Voting_barNate Diaz feels disrespected by UFC and fans making 'ridiculous' excuses for Conor McGregor's loss Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Nate Diaz feels disrespected by UFC and fans making 'ridiculous' excuses for Conor McGregor's loss Vote_lcapNate Diaz feels disrespected by UFC and fans making 'ridiculous' excuses for Conor McGregor's loss Voting_barNate Diaz feels disrespected by UFC and fans making 'ridiculous' excuses for Conor McGregor's loss Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Nate Diaz feels disrespected by UFC and fans making 'ridiculous' excuses for Conor McGregor's loss

Go down 
+3
Triggerman99
Krieger
drainbamage
7 posters
AuthorMessage
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

Standard Cash : 10249

Nate Diaz feels disrespected by UFC and fans making 'ridiculous' excuses for Conor McGregor's loss Empty
PostSubject: Nate Diaz feels disrespected by UFC and fans making 'ridiculous' excuses for Conor McGregor's loss   Nate Diaz feels disrespected by UFC and fans making 'ridiculous' excuses for Conor McGregor's loss EmptyTue Mar 15, 2016 9:48 am

Nate Diaz doesn't sound happy for a guy who allegedly made millions of dollars choking out Conor McGregor at UFC 196.

The upset win certainly helped Diaz's Q-rating, but he's not exactly basking in the glow of a higher profile.

"I feel like, honest, I feel like the UFC wants to weed me the f**k out of this position," Diaz told ESPN.com's Brett Okamoto. "I don't know if I'm supposed to say that. Sorry. I feel like a lot of people are coming at me now. I see them making a lot of excuses for [McGregor], and I think it's kind of ridiculous.

"I don't think it's just the UFC. It's everybody. People are saying, 'Oh, [McGregor] is great, he's accepted the loss so well.' If I would have lost, people would be saying, 'piece of s**t shouldn't have accepted the fight.' I don't mean to be bitter, but there are a lot of excuses being made for this guy. He's talking about winning the first round. There are five rounds in a fight. Who gives a s**t if you won a round? You lost."

McGregor told TMZ earlier this week that he'd be interested in a possible rematch with Diaz at some point. The UFC featherweight champ claims he won the majority of the nine-minute bout before Diaz sunk in a rear-naked-choke late in round two.

Diaz sounds more interested in a rematch with lightweight champion Rafael dos Anjos, who scored a unanimous decision victory in their 2014 catchweight bout.

"I'm thinking probably the lightweight title fight, whatever is biggest," Diaz said. "The biggest thing with Lawler and GSP -- I would have been all about those fights and I am, but at the same time, my brother [Nick] is coming back and those are his fights. Those are Nick Diaz fights. I'm not trying to step on his shoes. We'll see how things play out. As far as rematches go, I lost close decisions and never got a rematch.

"I'm not asking for anything. I'm demanding more than everybody. I want more than everybody, straight up. Money talks. I want the biggest fight. Whoever I've got to fight -- the biggest show, biggest payday -- that's what I want."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/3/15/11227354/morning-report-ufc-196-conor-mcgregor-nate-diaz-miesha-tate-holly-holm-ronda-rousey-mma-news
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

Nate Diaz feels disrespected by UFC and fans making 'ridiculous' excuses for Conor McGregor's loss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nate Diaz feels disrespected by UFC and fans making 'ridiculous' excuses for Conor McGregor's loss   Nate Diaz feels disrespected by UFC and fans making 'ridiculous' excuses for Conor McGregor's loss EmptyTue Mar 15, 2016 10:05 am

rda vs nate ufc 200
nick vs lawler ufc 200
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5728

PostSubject: Re: Nate Diaz feels disrespected by UFC and fans making 'ridiculous' excuses for Conor McGregor's loss   Nate Diaz feels disrespected by UFC and fans making 'ridiculous' excuses for Conor McGregor's loss EmptyTue Mar 15, 2016 2:34 pm

Meh.... His face got turned to burger meat, he choked out a gassed out McGregor, he won .... let it go.

Asking for more money is cool, trash talking is ok (if you can back it up) overly concerned about whats going on in another fighter life ... meh ... who cares?

Nick coming back? Yeah .... right.

Oh yeah ... good win Nate.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59441

PostSubject: Re: Nate Diaz feels disrespected by UFC and fans making 'ridiculous' excuses for Conor McGregor's loss   Nate Diaz feels disrespected by UFC and fans making 'ridiculous' excuses for Conor McGregor's loss EmptyTue Mar 15, 2016 9:21 pm

Of course people are making excuses; nobody wanted McGregor to lose, and most people didn't think he would.

Keep laughing at them all the way to the bank and move on. Let McGregor worry about why McGregor lost.
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: Nate Diaz feels disrespected by UFC and fans making 'ridiculous' excuses for Conor McGregor's loss   Nate Diaz feels disrespected by UFC and fans making 'ridiculous' excuses for Conor McGregor's loss EmptyWed Mar 16, 2016 10:55 am

nate has 3.5 million reasons to be happy right now
Back to top Go down
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

Standard Cash : 16386

PostSubject: Re: Nate Diaz feels disrespected by UFC and fans making 'ridiculous' excuses for Conor McGregor's loss   Nate Diaz feels disrespected by UFC and fans making 'ridiculous' excuses for Conor McGregor's loss EmptyWed Mar 16, 2016 12:43 pm

ohhh...did his total pay get released?.....good on him!!!.....diaz bros are badass and real pioneers...they always come to fight rather than play a sport for points....and...and....he bitch slapped connor!!!
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: Nate Diaz feels disrespected by UFC and fans making 'ridiculous' excuses for Conor McGregor's loss   Nate Diaz feels disrespected by UFC and fans making 'ridiculous' excuses for Conor McGregor's loss EmptyWed Mar 16, 2016 2:32 pm

Nate Diaz feels disrespected by UFC and fans making 'ridiculous' excuses for Conor McGregor's loss C53c92f09c0eaf51b8d04da115c66394
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: Nate Diaz feels disrespected by UFC and fans making 'ridiculous' excuses for Conor McGregor's loss   Nate Diaz feels disrespected by UFC and fans making 'ridiculous' excuses for Conor McGregor's loss EmptyWed Mar 16, 2016 4:13 pm

yeah the numbers are 3.5 million for diaz and supposedly connor made an amazing 10-12 million.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Nate Diaz feels disrespected by UFC and fans making 'ridiculous' excuses for Conor McGregor's loss   Nate Diaz feels disrespected by UFC and fans making 'ridiculous' excuses for Conor McGregor's loss EmptyWed Mar 16, 2016 5:13 pm

norcalmatt wrote:
....and...and....he bitch slapped connor!!!

Several times....

http://www.mma-core.com/videos/Nate_Diaz_Stockton_Slap_Reel_vs_McGregor/10123802
Back to top Go down
Grey Suit
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Grey Suit

Standard Cash : 31175

PostSubject: Re: Nate Diaz feels disrespected by UFC and fans making 'ridiculous' excuses for Conor McGregor's loss   Nate Diaz feels disrespected by UFC and fans making 'ridiculous' excuses for Conor McGregor's loss EmptyThu Mar 17, 2016 11:43 pm

For two tough guys who supposedly don't give a fuck, the Diaz brothers sure do whine a lot.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: Nate Diaz feels disrespected by UFC and fans making 'ridiculous' excuses for Conor McGregor's loss   Nate Diaz feels disrespected by UFC and fans making 'ridiculous' excuses for Conor McGregor's loss EmptyFri Mar 18, 2016 9:30 am

True dat!
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12607

PostSubject: Re: Nate Diaz feels disrespected by UFC and fans making 'ridiculous' excuses for Conor McGregor's loss   Nate Diaz feels disrespected by UFC and fans making 'ridiculous' excuses for Conor McGregor's loss EmptyMon Mar 21, 2016 6:09 am

Nate's rant makes no fucking sense. He says "people keep making excuses for Conor like he accepted the loss well." How is that an excuse about anything? lol
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Nate Diaz feels disrespected by UFC and fans making 'ridiculous' excuses for Conor McGregor's loss   Nate Diaz feels disrespected by UFC and fans making 'ridiculous' excuses for Conor McGregor's loss EmptyMon Mar 21, 2016 7:44 am

FistK wrote:
Nate's rant makes no fucking sense.  He says "people keep making excuses for Conor like he accepted the loss well."  How is that an excuse about anything? lol

I think he's saying people are reaching for something to give McGregor credit for and latching onto that. Maybe "making excuses" wasn't the greatest choice or words for what he meant, but nobody ever claimed Nate's grasp of the English language was real strong.
Luckily I'm fluent in Diaz. lol!
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12607

PostSubject: Re: Nate Diaz feels disrespected by UFC and fans making 'ridiculous' excuses for Conor McGregor's loss   Nate Diaz feels disrespected by UFC and fans making 'ridiculous' excuses for Conor McGregor's loss EmptyMon Mar 21, 2016 8:39 am

Triggerman99 wrote:

FistK wrote:
Nate's rant makes no fucking sense.  He says "people keep making excuses for Conor like he accepted the loss well."  How is that an excuse about anything? lol

I think he's saying people are reaching for something to give McGregor credit for and latching onto that. Maybe "making excuses" wasn't the greatest choice or words for what he meant, but nobody ever claimed Nate's grasp of the English language was real strong.
Luckily I'm fluent in Diaz. lol!

Well your translation definitely makes a lot more sense with regards to what he actually meant, but it makes even less sense to me for that to be something to feel disrespected about lol.

I almost feel bad for Nate and especially Nick. I couldnt imagine having so much anger inside. Did you see the clip of Nick watching Nate's fight in a Vegas lobby somewhere (I guess because of his suspension). He didnt even look happy. He immediately seemed so angry and paranoid about everything. Its gotta suck...
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35189

PostSubject: Re: Nate Diaz feels disrespected by UFC and fans making 'ridiculous' excuses for Conor McGregor's loss   Nate Diaz feels disrespected by UFC and fans making 'ridiculous' excuses for Conor McGregor's loss EmptyMon Mar 21, 2016 9:22 am

Yeah, not too difficult to understand if you can imagine what it must have been like growing up through Middle School/High School.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Nate Diaz feels disrespected by UFC and fans making 'ridiculous' excuses for Conor McGregor's loss   Nate Diaz feels disrespected by UFC and fans making 'ridiculous' excuses for Conor McGregor's loss EmptyMon Mar 21, 2016 11:07 am

Yeah they definitely have an "us against the world" mentality, and seem to live it full time.
I'd imagine that was exactly the case for them growing up though, so it's not real surpising.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nate Diaz feels disrespected by UFC and fans making 'ridiculous' excuses for Conor McGregor's loss   Nate Diaz feels disrespected by UFC and fans making 'ridiculous' excuses for Conor McGregor's loss Empty

Back to top Go down

Nate Diaz feels disrespected by UFC and fans making 'ridiculous' excuses for Conor McGregor's loss
Page 1 of 1