The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Former UFC champ Benson Henderson announces he's signed with Bellator Vote_lcapFormer UFC champ Benson Henderson announces he's signed with Bellator Voting_barFormer UFC champ Benson Henderson announces he's signed with Bellator Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Former UFC champ Benson Henderson announces he's signed with Bellator Vote_lcapFormer UFC champ Benson Henderson announces he's signed with Bellator Voting_barFormer UFC champ Benson Henderson announces he's signed with Bellator Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Former UFC champ Benson Henderson announces he's signed with Bellator

Go down 
AuthorMessage
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

Standard Cash : 10244

Former UFC champ Benson Henderson announces he's signed with Bellator Empty
PostSubject: Former UFC champ Benson Henderson announces he's signed with Bellator   Former UFC champ Benson Henderson announces he's signed with Bellator EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 2:56 pm

http://mmajunkie.com/2016/02/former-ufc-champ-benson-henderson-announces-hes-signed-with-bellator

His manager said Benson Henderson would be signing a new deal soon. Today, the former UFC lightweight champion went ahead and broke the news: He’s signed with Bellator.

Henderson (23-5 MMA, 11-3 UFC) today announced the news on his official website.

Terms of the deal, as well as a debut date and opponent, weren’t disclosed.

Despite leaving his longtime home, Henderson, who also previously held a title with the UFC-owned WEC, made special mention of UFC executives Lorenzo Fertitta and Dana White “for the opportunities they presented me.” He also mentioned several of the UFC’s behind-the-scenes folks.

Here’s his post (via smoothbensonhenderson.com):

I’d like to officially announce my move over to Bellator MMA.

I’m beyond excited for this next phase of my career, it’s a big move, like any move when switching employers or jobs after having worked somewhere for such a long time.

I have to thank the BigMan upstairs for putting some amazing people in my life, my wife (first and foremost) and a lot of truly smart and insightful people behind the scenes who helped make the connections and negotiated this deal to bring it to fruition.

I’d be remiss to not thank Dana White and Lorenzo Fertita for the opportunities they presented me, you guys have helped me change my life for the better and to be able to provide my family with the things I didn’t have while growing up. For that I’ll always have the utmost appreciation. Thanks for all the advise you guys gave too, both business wise and personal.

And last but not least, to who it is I think of when I think of the UFC! Everybody behind the scenes who I personally dealt with every time I reported in or had to do something. Mayra, Melissa, Dave, Chris, Nick, Tracy, Joanie, Maura, Tony, Heidi, Ryan, James, Dave, Kaia (sp.???), Burt, Rob, Rudy, Stitch, House, Mike, Susie, Dean, Donna, Feryal, Sean, Joe, Brad, Jazzmine, Candice, Michelle, Reed, sorry I can’t name everyone or this list would go on for forever. There’s a whole ton of people behind the scenes who make that show what it is. You guys and girls are the ones who make that show great and allow us fighters to do what it is we love!!! Much love to you all and thanks for putting up with me for so long.

To my fans, thanks for all the love and support, I’ll keep giving you my all, opening up my heart and soul inside that cage. I’m excited for this next chapter and building new relationships with guys I’ve heard nothing but great things about like Scott Coker, Rich Chou and Mike Kogan.

#TheOnceAndFutureKing
BH

Henderson most recently fought in November, when he defeated Jorge Masvidal in UFC Fight Night 79’s headliner. Afterward, he said he hoped to finish his career in the UFC, where his title reign lasted from 2012-2013 and included three title defenses, but felt compelled to test the free-agent waters.

Bellator officials apparently made him an offer he couldn’t refuse.

Henderson enters Bellator with a two-fight winning streak. Both of the wins came at welterweight after a long run at lightweight.

For more on the UFC’s and Bellator’s upcoming schedules, check out the MMA Rumors section of the site.

Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

Standard Cash : 10244

Former UFC champ Benson Henderson announces he's signed with Bellator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Former UFC champ Benson Henderson announces he's signed with Bellator   Former UFC champ Benson Henderson announces he's signed with Bellator EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 2:57 pm

Shocked affraid Shocked affraid Metal

dont know why but this makes me happy. i think theres a few great fights for him at bellator and i hope this gets the ball rolling for the top level guys to switch over
Back to top Go down

Former UFC champ Benson Henderson announces he's signed with Bellator
Page 1 of 1