The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Benson Henderson vs. Thiago Alves Vote_lcapBenson Henderson vs. Thiago Alves Voting_barBenson Henderson vs. Thiago Alves Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Benson Henderson vs. Thiago Alves Vote_lcapBenson Henderson vs. Thiago Alves Voting_barBenson Henderson vs. Thiago Alves Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Benson Henderson vs. Thiago Alves

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

Standard Cash : 10259

Benson Henderson vs. Thiago Alves Empty
PostSubject: Benson Henderson vs. Thiago Alves   Benson Henderson vs. Thiago Alves EmptyThu Aug 20, 2015 12:07 pm

The UFC is close to finalizing the main event for its debut event in South Korea.

According to sources close to the promotion, the UFC is targeting a welterweight fight between Benson Henderson and Thiago Alves to headline the Nov. 28 show at the Olympic Gymnastics Arena in Seoul, South Korea. The fight has yet to be finalized, but if it is, expect it to be announced in the coming weeks.

Henderson (22-5), a former UFC and WEC lightweight champion who's coming off an undisclosed injury, has decided to stay at 170 pounds after his successful debut against Brandon Thatch in February. His team has always maintained that they were open to fighting at 155 or 170 pounds, they just wanted big fights. And for Henderson, whose mother is South Korean, headlining the UFC's first show in the region would certainly qualify as a big deal.

"I'll do whatever it is I physically, possibly can," Henderson said on a May episode of "The MMA Hour" about fulfilling his dream to fight in South Korea. "I will be ready for that Korea card. And you're going to see a whole new beast.

"I think we decided, my coach and I, John Crouch, to go up to 170. We're going to take the time off to rebuild my body. We're going to do a whole new unveiling for 170. I'm trying to walk around at 182 to 185, walk around at maybe six- or five-percent body fat, and just be explosive. Really open some eyes up with my next fight at 170."

As for Alves, he has decided to put his reported plans to move down to lightweight on hold for now, as well. However, sources close to the veteran fighter said recently they wouldn't rule it out in the future. Alves (21-10) recently had his two-fight winning streak snapped when he lost via second-round TKO to Carlos Condit in May.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/8/20/9182095/benson-henderson-vs-thiago-alves-targeted-for-main-event-of-ufcs
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: Benson Henderson vs. Thiago Alves   Benson Henderson vs. Thiago Alves EmptyThu Aug 20, 2015 12:08 pm

what a fight. have no idea who will win this but ill say benson by a submission in the 3rd
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59451

PostSubject: Re: Benson Henderson vs. Thiago Alves   Benson Henderson vs. Thiago Alves EmptyThu Aug 20, 2015 5:08 pm

Good fight!

I'm going with Alves and his underrated TDD, but I wouldn't be shocked to see Henderson wear him down and take it to him in the later rounds for a UD.
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: Benson Henderson vs. Thiago Alves   Benson Henderson vs. Thiago Alves EmptyThu Aug 20, 2015 8:09 pm

i hope it is a 5rd fight.
alverz tdd, power, punching
henderson- bjj, cardio, speed

both have solid chins.

fight of the year i think
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Benson Henderson vs. Thiago Alves   Benson Henderson vs. Thiago Alves Empty

Back to top Go down

Benson Henderson vs. Thiago Alves
Page 1 of 1