The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
conor fucking mcgregor. Vote_lcapconor fucking mcgregor. Voting_barconor fucking mcgregor. Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
conor fucking mcgregor. Vote_lcapconor fucking mcgregor. Voting_barconor fucking mcgregor. Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

conor fucking mcgregor.

Go down 
+3
Triggerman99
drainbamage
Chrom
7 posters
AuthorMessage
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

Standard Cash : 10259

conor fucking mcgregor. Empty
PostSubject: conor fucking mcgregor.   conor fucking mcgregor. EmptySun Dec 13, 2015 10:00 am

what could you say?
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22857

PostSubject: Re: conor fucking mcgregor.   conor fucking mcgregor. EmptySun Dec 13, 2015 10:11 am

IDK, but I'll tell ya what you could say to Aldo....

conor fucking mcgregor. Tumblr_mt8wwkvfXg1sin6fio1_500

But for real... MY GOD was that a clean strike. Didn't look to have a ton of power on it, just precise.
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: conor fucking mcgregor.   conor fucking mcgregor. EmptySun Dec 13, 2015 11:14 am

pin point accurate.

does aldo get an immediate rematch in your opinion?
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59451

PostSubject: Re: conor fucking mcgregor.   conor fucking mcgregor. EmptySun Dec 13, 2015 11:48 am

Yeah I had two buddies over at my house who were here almost exclusively to finally see the downfall of McGregor and watch him eat humble pie first hand. So naturally, once Connor put Aldo's lights out in record time, I laughed so hard there were tears rolling down face and I could barely breathe until they left- disgusted- in a cab.

cheers
Back to top Go down
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

Standard Cash : 16396

PostSubject: Re: conor fucking mcgregor.   conor fucking mcgregor. EmptySun Dec 13, 2015 1:59 pm

i think that if roussey get an immediate rematch then so should aldo......I could even raise the point that aldo is more deserving than ronda.......while im happy with the outcome I feel like we didn't get to see a fight...aldo got caught quick.....and had a lot longer title reign....with ronda...she lost bad and we saw her get handled for 1+ rounds.......with aldo were still not sure how things would have played out if that punch didn't land......now sure 9 out of 10 times it may go the same way with aldo sleeping but there are still questions......with holm beating roussey we pretty much got any questions answered......so in short....yes aldo deserves the rematch right away.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: conor fucking mcgregor.   conor fucking mcgregor. EmptySun Dec 13, 2015 4:36 pm

norcalmatt wrote:
i think that if roussey get an immediate rematch then so should aldo......I could even raise the point that aldo is more deserving than ronda.......while im happy with the outcome I feel like we didn't get to see a fight...aldo got caught quick.....and had a lot longer title reign....with ronda...she lost bad and we saw her get handled for 1+ rounds.......with aldo were still not sure how things would have played out if that punch didn't land......now sure 9 out of 10 times it may go the same way with aldo sleeping but there are still questions......with holm beating roussey we pretty much got any questions answered......so in short....yes aldo deserves the rematch right away.

Yeah I agree. People are saying "He got knocked out in record time, so why should he deserves a rematch?" Well that's exactly the very reason why there should be a rematch! If someone wants to argue that Aldo doesn't deserve it, fine. But we, the fans, deserve it. After a year of unprecedented hype and build up, we deserve more than a 13-second fight.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35199

PostSubject: Re: conor fucking mcgregor.   conor fucking mcgregor. EmptySun Dec 13, 2015 5:03 pm

That was awesome. Stiff as a board faceplant into the mat. I think the hammerfists woke him up (not to say he knew what was going on once he woke up).
Was pretty great how he raised his hand bc he thought he won.

I'd normally say Aldo gets an immediate rematch. However, he's likely going to get a medical suspension for some length. Considering Edgar quickly dismantled a lifetime #2 seed, it would be a travesty to not have a McGregor/Edgar fight in the next 4 months.
Back to top Go down
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

PostSubject: Re: conor fucking mcgregor.   conor fucking mcgregor. EmptySun Dec 13, 2015 5:33 pm

i guess you could replace "rematch" with "title shot" and its more accurate to how i feel for both aldo and roussey.......i feel like their next fights should be for the belt but if both new champs want a fight in the mean time im fine with that......i don't think the ex champs should get to stop the new champs from working because they are sad and eating ice cream on a couch for a month or focusing on another job.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12617

PostSubject: Re: conor fucking mcgregor.   conor fucking mcgregor. EmptyMon Dec 14, 2015 10:40 am

norcalmatt wrote:

Unfortunately I am admittedly a bit wishy washy on this one. I cant totally commit to whether I think he should get a rematch or not.  Cain didnt against Junior, but Ronda is.  Imo (and I know its not the best line of thinking in the world) it made a bit more sense for Ronda to get a rematch, just because there isnt someone glaringly deserving of a shot besides her.  Sure Meisha has a bit of a streak, but she did get owned in both her shots.

In the instance of Aldo, if he gets a rematch that means Frankie gets passed over once AGAIN, so maybe not as clear cut to me.

I am not even sure if thinking about the rest of the division is the best line of thought, but it's kind of where I am at.  To me its not so much a matter of whether aldo deserves it or not, but since the result was so definitive and there is another very deserving challenger, maybe aldo should go smack someone else around for one fight and then get a rematch?  Not sure - But I would be totally ok with the rematch as well.
Like I said im wishy washy lol.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: conor fucking mcgregor.   conor fucking mcgregor. EmptyMon Dec 14, 2015 11:14 am

Yeah I mean just to be clear, I think Aldo deserves a rematch, but I'm not against him taking another fight instead. I just disagree with the line of thinking that the outcome of this fight means that Aldo getting a rematch is out of the question. He got caught, plain and simple. It happens.
But Aldo beating the shit out of a Jeremy Stephens or a Charles Oliveira wouldn't be the worst idea ever.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

PostSubject: Re: conor fucking mcgregor.   conor fucking mcgregor. EmptyMon Dec 14, 2015 12:07 pm

Yeah, I have no problem with Aldo's next fight to be for the title.
However, it does not make any sense for McGregor (or Edgar) to have to wait for Aldo to complete a medical suspension, get his head back in the game, and go through another full training camp.
Both Edgar and McGregor broke more of a sweat walking out to the cage than in their fights. They could both be ready to fight in 3-4 months easily.
Back to top Go down
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

PostSubject: Re: conor fucking mcgregor.   conor fucking mcgregor. EmptyMon Dec 14, 2015 2:42 pm

yeah...this is why I made the second comment above...

fistk...."but since the result was so definitive" on 1 hand yes it was definitive...its was a ko no question.....but would you say a 13 second flash ko was more definitive than holly destroying ronda for 1 1/4 rounds? IMO we know more about the holm roussey match up than we do about aldo mcgreggor......I guess to me if holly didn't land that kick at that moment...we still know she has what it takes to destroy ronda but if connor didn't land that punch at that moment......I still don't know how that fight plays out.....so that's why I feel aldo mcgreggor needs to happen again as soon as aldo is ready....which is not to say connor cant take a fight in the mean time.....which is why I traded "immediate rematch" for "immediate title shot"
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

PostSubject: Re: conor fucking mcgregor.   conor fucking mcgregor. EmptyMon Dec 14, 2015 4:22 pm

I think we are on the same page.
Although, I would bet Dana is not.
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: conor fucking mcgregor.   conor fucking mcgregor. EmptyMon Dec 14, 2015 4:30 pm

norcalmatt wrote:

fistk...."but since the result was so definitive"    on 1 hand yes it was definitive...its was a ko no question.....but would you say a 13 second flash ko was more definitive than holly destroying ronda for 1 1/4 rounds?  IMO we know more about the holm roussey match up than we do about aldo mcgreggor......I guess to me if holly didn't land that kick at that moment...we still know she has what it takes to destroy ronda but if connor didn't land that punch at that moment......I still don't know how that fight plays out.....so that's why I feel aldo mcgreggor needs to happen again as soon as aldo is ready....which is not to say connor cant take a fight in the mean time.....which is why I traded "immediate rematch" for "immediate title shot"

+1
well said.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

PostSubject: Re: conor fucking mcgregor.   conor fucking mcgregor. EmptyTue Dec 15, 2015 8:19 am

norcalmatt wrote:

fistk...."but since the result was so definitive"    on 1 hand yes it was definitive...its was a ko no question.....but would you say a 13 second flash ko was more definitive than holly destroying ronda for 1 1/4 rounds?  IMO we know more about the holm roussey match up than we do about aldo mcgreggor......I guess to me if holly didn't land that kick at that moment...we still know she has what it takes to destroy ronda but if connor didn't land that punch at that moment......I still don't know how that fight plays out.....so that's why I feel aldo mcgreggor needs to happen again as soon as aldo is ready....which is not to say connor cant take a fight in the mean time.....which is why I traded "immediate rematch" for "immediate title shot"

I agree with this. But I am wishy washy for different reasons.

I am not looking at it from a who deserves it more standpoint or who do I think will win (and I also know this probably isnt the right way to look at it), but I think it does need to be factored in that in the case of Rousey/Holm 2 there is no glaring other matchup that could be made where Edgar really is deserving at Men's FW.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

PostSubject: Re: conor fucking mcgregor.   conor fucking mcgregor. EmptyTue Dec 15, 2015 8:21 am

Triggerman99 wrote:
I just disagree with the line of thinking that the outcome of this fight means that Aldo getting a rematch is out of the question. He got caught, plain and simple. It happens.

I totally agree with this. I think sometimes people still have that old boxing line of thought where if you got knocked out you never got an auto rematch, because thats so definitive where in MMA that just happens...
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: conor fucking mcgregor.   conor fucking mcgregor. EmptyTue Dec 15, 2015 11:05 am

I think they should give aldo the fight when he is ready but frankie and connor combined fight time was less than 2.30 and they could probably set this fight up in march or april and have jose fight the winner.

i wouldnt mind seeing jose vs max holloway that would be an epic fight
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15331

PostSubject: Re: conor fucking mcgregor.   conor fucking mcgregor. EmptyTue Dec 15, 2015 12:17 pm

I have no problem with giving Aldo his rematch but if i was him i would take a step back and go back to training real hard and like others have said take 1 or 2 top 5 fights to get your motivation back up and help prepare you better for the rematch. cause if Aldo goes right in for the rematch and loses his title dreams are shot at that point.

Did any one else think it was funny when Aldo's corner man asked to fight Connor for free?hahahaha

Yeah cause that will ever happen Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: conor fucking mcgregor.   conor fucking mcgregor. Empty

Back to top Go down

conor fucking mcgregor.
Page 1 of 1