The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Jon Dodson Moving back to Bantamweight Division Vote_lcapJon Dodson Moving back to Bantamweight Division Voting_barJon Dodson Moving back to Bantamweight Division Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Jon Dodson Moving back to Bantamweight Division Vote_lcapJon Dodson Moving back to Bantamweight Division Voting_barJon Dodson Moving back to Bantamweight Division Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Jon Dodson Moving back to Bantamweight Division

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59453

Jon Dodson Moving back to Bantamweight Division Empty
PostSubject: Jon Dodson Moving back to Bantamweight Division   Jon Dodson Moving back to Bantamweight Division EmptyMon Oct 12, 2015 3:17 pm

Quote :
Following his second flyweight title-fight loss to champion Demetrious Johnson, second-ranked Jon Dodson is moving back to the 135-pound weight class.

Dodson (17-7) was defeated by Johnson a second time at UFC 191 on Sept. 5 by unanimous decision. His only two losses inside the octagon are to the flyweight champion. He’s fought his last seven fights as a flyweight but is no stranger to the bantamweight division.

Dodson earned his place in the UFC by winning The Ultimate Fighter 14 bantamweight tournament in December 2011. He defeated reigning bantamweight champion T.J. Dillashaw in the season finale, stopping him with strikes in the opening round. Days later, the Las Vegas-based fight promotion announced the creation of the 125-pound weight class, and Dodson made the move down.

Dodson expects to return to action as a bantamweight in the first quarter of 2016. With a win over the current titleholder, “The Magician” could become an immediate contender at 135-pounds.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/flyweight-contender-john-dodson-moving-back-to-the-bantamweight-division

Look out, T-Dilly!!
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15333

PostSubject: Re: Jon Dodson Moving back to Bantamweight Division   Jon Dodson Moving back to Bantamweight Division EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 8:51 am

To be honest if TJ and Dodson fought again. I would say TJ will pick him apart. Dodson hasn't really advanced his skill set at all. While i have seen major improvements in TJ's game. If i was TJ i would be more afraid of Faber coming for him.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Jon Dodson Moving back to Bantamweight Division   Jon Dodson Moving back to Bantamweight Division EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 11:12 am

I don't think Faber could do anything to Dilashaw.
I'm not 100% sold on TJ, but doing a little MMA math, look at what Barao did to Faber, and what TJ did to Barao.
I think at this point in their careers, Dillashaw is just a little better and faster everywhere than Faber.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15333

PostSubject: Re: Jon Dodson Moving back to Bantamweight Division   Jon Dodson Moving back to Bantamweight Division EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 11:16 am

Triggerman99 wrote:
I don't think Faber could do anything to Dilashaw.
I'm not 100% sold on TJ, but doing a little MMA math, look at what Barao did to Faber, and what TJ did to Barao.
I think at this point in their careers, Dillashaw is just a little better and faster everywhere than Faber.

Hard to argue that. I was leaning more towards Faber more so due to the fact that if any one knows the holes in TJ's game, Faber will.
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

Standard Cash : 10261

PostSubject: Re: Jon Dodson Moving back to Bantamweight Division   Jon Dodson Moving back to Bantamweight Division EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 11:17 am

Triggerman99 wrote:
Dillashaw is just a little faster everywhere than Faber.

i fixed it for you..

faber is the better fighter.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Jon Dodson Moving back to Bantamweight Division   Jon Dodson Moving back to Bantamweight Division EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 11:22 am

drainbamage wrote:

Triggerman99 wrote:

i fixed it for you..

Where would you give Faber an advantage?
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

Standard Cash : 10261

PostSubject: Re: Jon Dodson Moving back to Bantamweight Division   Jon Dodson Moving back to Bantamweight Division EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 12:08 pm

Triggerman99 wrote:

drainbamage wrote:

Triggerman99 wrote:

i fixed it for you..

Where would you give Faber an advantage?

experience

submissions

transitioning

wrestling

the only thing tj has is speed and striking against faber imo

dillashaw beat renan and besides that he never beat anyone remotely close to good. thats why it was such a surprise that he beat barao.. i think dillashaw has baraos number the same way frankie had bjs number but i guess we will see what happens with the cruz fight. if dillashaw beats cruz ill be sold but i highly doubt he will.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Jon Dodson Moving back to Bantamweight Division   Jon Dodson Moving back to Bantamweight Division EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 2:44 pm

Oh don't get me wrong! I'm not sold on Dillashaw at all! I don't think he's proven anything yet other than he has Barao's number. I am not drinking that Kool-Aid just yet, trust me!

But he looks to me like a faster version of Faber in every facet of the game. I don't think Faber could get him to the ground, and he'd be just a step slower on the feet and probably end up getting picked apart if it stayed there.
Faber has better intangibles like you said such as experience and all that, but the eye test tells me Dillashaw is a little too young and fast for him.

With that said, this would definitely be one of the few fights where I'd be rooting for Faber. He seems like a genuinely good guy, and I think Dillashaw is every bit the snake-in-the-grass McGregor called him and then some. I'd love nothing more than to see Faber put him in his place and teach him a little respect.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jon Dodson Moving back to Bantamweight Division   Jon Dodson Moving back to Bantamweight Division Empty

Back to top Go down

Jon Dodson Moving back to Bantamweight Division
Page 1 of 1