The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Cesar Gracie Takes Aim at Georges St-Pierre’s “Ultimate Stalling” Tactics Vote_lcapCesar Gracie Takes Aim at Georges St-Pierre’s “Ultimate Stalling” Tactics Voting_barCesar Gracie Takes Aim at Georges St-Pierre’s “Ultimate Stalling” Tactics Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Cesar Gracie Takes Aim at Georges St-Pierre’s “Ultimate Stalling” Tactics Vote_lcapCesar Gracie Takes Aim at Georges St-Pierre’s “Ultimate Stalling” Tactics Voting_barCesar Gracie Takes Aim at Georges St-Pierre’s “Ultimate Stalling” Tactics Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Cesar Gracie Takes Aim at Georges St-Pierre’s “Ultimate Stalling” Tactics

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22859

Cesar Gracie Takes Aim at Georges St-Pierre’s “Ultimate Stalling” Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Cesar Gracie Takes Aim at Georges St-Pierre’s “Ultimate Stalling” Tactics   Cesar Gracie Takes Aim at Georges St-Pierre’s “Ultimate Stalling” Tactics EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 12:17 pm

Quote :
Although UFC welterweight king Georges St-Pierre (Pictured) has rattled off nine consecutive victories, with his last six coming in lopsided title defenses, legendary MMA trainer Cesar Gracie has not been impressed by his performances. Of GSP’s 22 career wins, nine of them have been of the decision variety, including his last four.

“The thing is, it’s really not my business how he fights,” Gracie told FullContactFighter. “He’s not on my team, so, I truly don’t care how he fights. Now if you’re asking me as a fan, yeah, that style is not what I like to watch. I like to watch guys that just go completely for it, take chances and give crowds what they want, which is ‘Ultimate Fighting,’ not ‘ultimate stalling’ or anything like that.”

St-Pierre defends his crown against Gracie’s protégé, Nick Diaz, at UFC 137. In addition to Diaz’s renowned jiu jitsu skills, the former Strikeforce champion is also known for his brawling ways. Perhaps Gracie is trying to goad the planet’s baddest 170-pounder into engaging in a shootout, a strategy that would likely benefit the Gracie clan – or at least it would be better than the alternative.

“I think he’s going to approach this fight somewhat like the BJ Penn (rematch at UFC 94). I think he’ll try to fight Nick the same way where he’ll tie up with him, try to keep him up against the cage, do a little dirty boxing and try to get him arm weary, maybe get some takedowns and see how that goes.

“He’ll probably be cautious from the top position
Source
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5740

Cesar Gracie Takes Aim at Georges St-Pierre’s “Ultimate Stalling” Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cesar Gracie Takes Aim at Georges St-Pierre’s “Ultimate Stalling” Tactics   Cesar Gracie Takes Aim at Georges St-Pierre’s “Ultimate Stalling” Tactics EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 3:59 pm

I call Bullshit... The whole premiss of Gracie Ju Jitsu is to hang on long enough for your opponent to make a critical mistake and then capitalize on that mistake with a submission, choke etc.

Gracie as always, is pissed that mma has grown way faster than Gracie Ju Jitsu and way faster than the Gracie's have been able to adapt. If Nick has any chance of winning it wont be on the back of his GJJ skills.

Matt Hughes put the death grip on GJJ when he humiliated Royce using pure wrestling and a little ground and pound. A good wrestler will always beat the GJJ guy and St. Pierre is more than a good wrestler.
Back to top Go down

Cesar Gracie Takes Aim at Georges St-Pierre’s “Ultimate Stalling” Tactics
Page 1 of 1