The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Nate Diaz drops Cesar Gracie as manager Vote_lcapNate Diaz drops Cesar Gracie as manager Voting_barNate Diaz drops Cesar Gracie as manager Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Nate Diaz drops Cesar Gracie as manager Vote_lcapNate Diaz drops Cesar Gracie as manager Voting_barNate Diaz drops Cesar Gracie as manager Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Nate Diaz drops Cesar Gracie as manager

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59441

Nate Diaz drops Cesar Gracie as manager Empty
PostSubject: Nate Diaz drops Cesar Gracie as manager   Nate Diaz drops Cesar Gracie as manager EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 3:44 pm

Quote :
The Diaz brothers are at it again. This time it's Nate who's heading to the drama well to stir up some more talk among MMA fans.

According to Ariel Helwani, Diaz has dropped Cesar Gracie as his manager and picked up Mike Kogan.

"As just reported on @ufctonight, according to sources v. close to Nate Diaz, his new manager is @mikekogan."

This comes on the heels of Nate's older brother Nick complaining about not having a proper camp in the weeks leading up to his clash with Georges St-Pierre at UFC 158.

"I felt like everyone knew I had it coming, like Cesar knew I had it coming, everyone knew I had it coming, and then as soon as I had it coming, no one was around to help me," Diaz said during the post-fight press conference.

"The only ones that came to help me was my sambo coach Gil Castillo. And you know, Jake (Shields) and Gil (Melendez), they obviously, they can't train hard right now, they have fights coming up" (via Bleacher Report).

If Gracie was having issues getting a proper camp together for Nick in the biggest fight of his life, it must be difficult for the other guys in the gym. Of course Nate's change of heart may have something to do with Dana White's recent comments about Gracie being "a huge part of the problem" with Nick's unreliability.

As we've seen in the past with Golden Glory, the UFC doesn't care to be embroiled in a debate with a fighter's management and will push the fighters to the side.

Nate hasn't left Gracie's camp entirely, and it's expected he'll still train there, as it's the only place Nate has been. And training with guys like Jake Shields and Gilbert Melendez for so long, I'd assume their bond is pretty tight.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1599995-nate-diaz-drops-cesar-gracie-as-manager-picks-up-mike-kogan
Back to top Go down
DEP
Internet Troll Champion!
Internet Troll Champion!
DEP

Standard Cash : 9480

PostSubject: Re: Nate Diaz drops Cesar Gracie as manager   Nate Diaz drops Cesar Gracie as manager EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 4:26 pm

I think that's a great move.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59441

PostSubject: Re: Nate Diaz drops Cesar Gracie as manager   Nate Diaz drops Cesar Gracie as manager EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 5:14 pm

Agreed.
I've never been a big fan of Cesar Gracie. He's like a dumber version of Ed Soares.

I hope Nick follows suit.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12607

PostSubject: Re: Nate Diaz drops Cesar Gracie as manager   Nate Diaz drops Cesar Gracie as manager EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 8:29 am

Good move Nate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nate Diaz drops Cesar Gracie as manager   Nate Diaz drops Cesar Gracie as manager Empty

Back to top Go down

Nate Diaz drops Cesar Gracie as manager
Page 1 of 1