The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Anthony Johnson posts rant about woman in gym, reportedly throws her yoga mat Vote_lcapAnthony Johnson posts rant about woman in gym, reportedly throws her yoga mat Voting_barAnthony Johnson posts rant about woman in gym, reportedly throws her yoga mat Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Anthony Johnson posts rant about woman in gym, reportedly throws her yoga mat Vote_lcapAnthony Johnson posts rant about woman in gym, reportedly throws her yoga mat Voting_barAnthony Johnson posts rant about woman in gym, reportedly throws her yoga mat Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Anthony Johnson posts rant about woman in gym, reportedly throws her yoga mat

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

Standard Cash : 10240

Anthony Johnson posts rant about woman in gym, reportedly throws her yoga mat Empty
PostSubject: Anthony Johnson posts rant about woman in gym, reportedly throws her yoga mat   Anthony Johnson posts rant about woman in gym, reportedly throws her yoga mat EmptyWed Aug 19, 2015 2:09 pm

“To the ugly girl in the gym built like a bag of dry dog food, this is for you. If you get in my way or any other athlete way again I’ll through your yoga mat across the gym AGAIN.

“Who in their right mind stretches where ppl are suppose to lift? Don’t ever run your mouth at me again you won’t win that battle I will. Talking about it was rude that I lifted next to you while you were stretching. You need more than stretching to help that beat up body.

“Run to the front desk again crying talking about you feel threaten and gonna go to social media. I really don’t care! I’ve been through worse! That’s a athletes gym not a yoga studio. That fake crying does nothing for anybody btw. Just like the guy said you live in his neighborhood and you exaggerate and overreact all the time …

“So one more time don’t run your mouth and don’t do yoga stretching where ppl lift weights or I’ll snatch the mat from under you AGAIN and throw it AGAIN …

“Understand? Good girl …

“One more thing stop wearing sports bras when your tummy look like a old country red clay dirt road.”

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/08/anthony-johnson-posts-rant-about-woman-in-gym-reportedly-throws-her-yoga-mat

looks like bellator just got a new lhw/hw contender

how stupid could he be????
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

Anthony Johnson posts rant about woman in gym, reportedly throws her yoga mat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthony Johnson posts rant about woman in gym, reportedly throws her yoga mat   Anthony Johnson posts rant about woman in gym, reportedly throws her yoga mat EmptyWed Aug 19, 2015 2:11 pm

that was from his facebook page but he deleted that post shortly after
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59432

PostSubject: Re: Anthony Johnson posts rant about woman in gym, reportedly throws her yoga mat   Anthony Johnson posts rant about woman in gym, reportedly throws her yoga mat EmptyWed Aug 19, 2015 3:44 pm

I actually don't see an issue with it.
I actually probably would've laughed my ass off and applauded if I saw this happen in person, because I can almost picture the exact type of person he is dealing with here:

-Person who doesn't actually work out or care to work out goes to gym and takes up workout space to pretend their working out.
-People that actually work out show up to workout in area designated for working out.
-Person who isn't actually working out refuses to get out of the way to allow people who actually want to work out to work out.

It sounds like this time, the person who wanted to actually to work out (Johnson) said "go somewhere else and do that" and the other person refused.

It's unclear in what order the events unfolded that he described above, but it sounds to me like this:
She was stretching. He showed up to lift. She said it was rude to lift next to her while she was stretching. He said then move somewhere else. She refused. An argument ensued. He threw her mat across the room. She ran to the front desk crying and citing feeling "threatened".

I don't feel bad for her if it went down this way. Like I said; we can all picture the type of person this is, who thinks they can do whatever they want wherever they want and everybody else can kiss their ass if they don't like it.

Also, I'm pretty sure the UFC can't do anything about him being kind of a dick at a gym. He didn't do anything remotely illegal, nor did he violate any code of conduct. It would be quite a stretch IMO to try and play that card.
Back to top Go down
Grey Suit
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Grey Suit

Standard Cash : 31166

PostSubject: Re: Anthony Johnson posts rant about woman in gym, reportedly throws her yoga mat   Anthony Johnson posts rant about woman in gym, reportedly throws her yoga mat EmptyWed Aug 19, 2015 5:11 pm

I don't see a problem with it at all since he did not use the persons name, the gym he was at or even the town or state that he was in when he posted it. He is just posting his thoughts (and we have all had very similar thoughts) in the exact place where you are suppose to post your thoughts to share with others. People are just getting over sensitive these days, and not even in regards for their own feelings but the feelings of nameless, faceless strangers in unknown places.
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: Anthony Johnson posts rant about woman in gym, reportedly throws her yoga mat   Anthony Johnson posts rant about woman in gym, reportedly throws her yoga mat EmptyWed Aug 19, 2015 5:27 pm

johnsons formal apology

Johnson said he threw the yoga mat across the gym and sent the woman crying to the front desk. He later deleted the Facebook post, but defended his post on Twitter.

Today, he changed his tune, expressing contrition for his behavior and apologizing to the woman.

“I shouldn’t have gotten that upset from the start but I did, I mean I’m human,” Johnson wrote. “I said some pretty nasty things about a female from my gym while full of emotions (not a good idea) so I do wanna apologize to her for being rude as I was and not taking a break to relax after our argument.

“Sorry to everyone else too for having to witness me getting upset about a argument in the gym. I’m not going to sugarcoat it and make it seem like I’m a angel because I’m not but I will admit when I’m wrong. Other than that I hope everybody has a awesome day.”

Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: Anthony Johnson posts rant about woman in gym, reportedly throws her yoga mat   Anthony Johnson posts rant about woman in gym, reportedly throws her yoga mat EmptyWed Aug 19, 2015 5:30 pm

when you have had domestic issues with a female in your past and it almost cost you your job he shouldnt have wrote anything that could be taken the "wrong way".

at least in my opinion.

we all know that type of woman who he dealt with but how many times have you made a public rant about it?

to me he was wrong in posting a rant on social media because he knows how the ufc could be with issues like that.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Anthony Johnson posts rant about woman in gym, reportedly throws her yoga mat   Anthony Johnson posts rant about woman in gym, reportedly throws her yoga mat EmptyWed Aug 19, 2015 8:01 pm

Sure, he shouldn't have posted it.
But did he do anything so bad that he could be facing discipline from the UFC? No way in hell.
And if the UFC does discipline him, they're doing nothing more than pandering to those exact same overly sensitive people Grey referred to, who get offended by anything and everything and blindly call for the blood of the offender.

I don't think his domestic abuse history should be taken into account in regards to this, because one issue has nothing to do with the other. He didn't physically abuse this woman in any way, shape, or form.
He's guilty of bad judgement, sure! But that's about it.
Back to top Go down
Grey Suit
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Grey Suit

Standard Cash : 31166

PostSubject: Re: Anthony Johnson posts rant about woman in gym, reportedly throws her yoga mat   Anthony Johnson posts rant about woman in gym, reportedly throws her yoga mat EmptyWed Aug 19, 2015 9:03 pm

Triggerman99 wrote:
Sure, he shouldn't have posted it.
But did he do anything so bad that he could be facing discipline from the UFC? No way in hell.
And if the UFC does discipline him, they're doing nothing more than pandering to those exact same overly sensitive people Grey referred to, who get offended by anything and everything and blindly call for the blood of the offender.

I don't think his domestic abuse history should be taken into account in regards to this, because one issue has nothing to do with the other. He didn't physically abuse this woman in any way, shape, or form.
He's guilty of bad judgement, sure! But that's about it.

Hell Dana says much worse about named people on social media.
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: Anthony Johnson posts rant about woman in gym, reportedly throws her yoga mat   Anthony Johnson posts rant about woman in gym, reportedly throws her yoga mat EmptyThu Aug 20, 2015 9:14 am

i think he should be disciplined and im no way an "overly sensitive" person. but the fact that he went over to a woman who was stretching on a yoga mat and pulled it from underneath her and tossed the mat across the gym in my opinion is definitely someone who needs to be disciplined. I think of it in a way of what if that was my mother, wife, sister, daughter.. If he did that to one of those people he would get punched in his face ( not that it would harm him in any way and id probably be dead 15 seconds after ) but because what he did was wrong and he should be confronted.

i have no issue with what he typed in his rant until i read this

“So one more time don’t run your mouth and don’t do yoga stretching where ppl lift weights or I’ll snatch the mat from under you AGAIN and throw it AGAIN …

“Understand? Good girl …

“One more thing stop wearing sports bras when your tummy look like a old country red clay dirt road.”

i get you - they got into an argument at a gym where you train.. shes a participating yoga enthusiast and youre a 240 pound 6'4 professional MMA fighter. she is the one who should be going onto the social media sites crying about what happened. not the MMA fighter. its baby tactics and it makes him and his employer look bad.

him reacting that way to a woman who was stretching on a yoga mat next to where he was lifting is definitely something related to his past domestic abuse cases. he has been arrested 3 different times for allegadly stalking, grabbing, threatening, etc women. so from what i know of johnson its he is a great fighter who seems awfully nice and respectful in his postfight interviews but he obviouslly has an issue with keeping his cool with women. im not down with that and i hope he gets disciplined.

i agree with grey - dana white is the most unprofessional head figure of any sports outlet in the world. the things he says sometimes is nothing less than an embarrassment to MMA, FOX, the fans, and the fighters. Im shocked that the bigwigs at FOX havent come down on him for his rants. But i think its one thing calling a person an egg, creep, dumb, fat, etc as opposed to grabbing a yoga mat underneath a woman stretching on it and tossing it across a gym filled with people. thats crossing the line
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Anthony Johnson posts rant about woman in gym, reportedly throws her yoga mat   Anthony Johnson posts rant about woman in gym, reportedly throws her yoga mat EmptyThu Aug 20, 2015 4:22 pm

I don't see anywhere where it said he dumped her off of it and then threw it or anything. Just that he grabbed it from her and threw it. That's a completely different situation IMO.
I've seen dude's playing basketball at the gym and get pissed because the ball from a different game rolled onto their court, so they run up and kick the ball across the gym or grab it and throw it. Is that any different?
There was clearly an argument. I'm willing to bet he didn't just walk up to her, threateningly say "Move", and then rip the mat out from underneath her and whip it across the room. I'm sure it was in the heat of the argument that clearly took place. It probably started off calmly enough, then eventually she got loud with him, he got loud with her, both people started hurling insults, then at some point he threw her mat.

I'm not saying he's completely justified. Just that if I was in his shoes, I probably would've at least had the urge to do the same thing.
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: Anthony Johnson posts rant about woman in gym, reportedly throws her yoga mat   Anthony Johnson posts rant about woman in gym, reportedly throws her yoga mat EmptyThu Aug 20, 2015 8:05 pm

"So one more time don’t run your mouth and don’t do yoga stretching where ppl lift weights or I’ll snatch the mat from under you AGAIN and throw it AGAIN …"

thats his quote and to me it sounds like he pulled the mat out from under her and tossed it..

thats where the problem comes in for me. if he is calling her names or even raising his voice thats whatever. but grabbing a mat from under a girl doing yoga and throwing it across the room is a dick thing to do and if he did do that i hope he gets disciplined. if she wasnt on the mat and he just tossed it im still on the fence. dude needs to learn his lesson and he cant keep having these brush ins with domestic disputes. its terrible for his character, the ufc and the sport imo. especially with a lot of women getting more and more into MMA its just really bad publicity for the uFC
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Anthony Johnson posts rant about woman in gym, reportedly throws her yoga mat   Anthony Johnson posts rant about woman in gym, reportedly throws her yoga mat EmptyThu Aug 20, 2015 8:26 pm

Yeah, If he actually did yank it out from under her ass and dump her onto the floor, that's a whole different story. If it was just an argument that escalated to the point of him going around her and grabbing the mat and chucking it across the room, that's falls under the "collateral damage of arguing" category for me.

With that said, I saw a comment somewhere that completely summed up my feelings on this whole situation;

If Ronda Rousey went to this same gym, and there was a guy standing right in her way while she was trying to work out and wouldn't move even after she asked him several times, what do you think the reaction of people would be if she decided to take the guy's gym bag and hurl it across the room and call the guy all kinds of variations of douchebag and asshole on Facebook?
People would be you-go-girling their fucking asses off and petitioning to give her a goddamn medal, that's what it would be!!
I can almost guarantee you the instances of people calling for some kind of punishment for her would very few and far between.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12598

PostSubject: Re: Anthony Johnson posts rant about woman in gym, reportedly throws her yoga mat   Anthony Johnson posts rant about woman in gym, reportedly throws her yoga mat EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 10:27 am

I have to admit i side with drainbamage here and I know for a fact I am not overly sensitive.

If this had happened in the workplace and not at the gym Johnson would be fired. No iffs ands or buts.

Lets put aside the fact that Anhtony Johnson is 6'4" and 235lbs and she was a woman for a second AND that yelling at her and throwing her property is going to be perceived as threatening no matter what.

He is a public figure and an employee of the UFC. Walk the fuck away even if it sucks to do so. And if he cannot contain himself from throwing the womans mat dont take to fucking social media afterwards and put the woman on blast. It would already be wrong if one of us from this site did it, but there is a code of conduct within the UFC and I can certainly guarantee this aint falling within it.

I'm pretty surprised that so many people here are taking the stance of "If the UFC dares look into this or investigate it it would be unreal."

There was just a huge report on domestic violence in mma a few weeks ago and Johnsons name was mentioned. Just stfu man. Maybe she was a bitch and maybe she did act like an ass and if I were there maybe i would of thought "good she had it coming" i have no clue, BUT as a public figure and employee of the UFC he has the responsibility to stfu and walk away. It was not a matter of self defense, so just dont.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Anthony Johnson posts rant about woman in gym, reportedly throws her yoga mat   Anthony Johnson posts rant about woman in gym, reportedly throws her yoga mat EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 11:41 am

No I defintely agree that he SHOULD have walked away. We should all always walk away every time, no ifs ands or buts about it. Avoiding stuff like this and being the bigger man is always the optimal outcome.
I'm just saying........

This woman was likely looking for someone to dare try and ask her to move. You don't just go and accidentally or obliviously set up your yoga mat in the weight lifting area. It's pretty obvious- usually by the tell tale signs of weights and weight lifting equipment all over the goddamn place- that you are in the weight lifting area. I don't care if this sounds misogynistic or anti-women or not, but she likely knew exactly what she was doing; she was baiting one of these gym rat meathead alpha males into a conflict, so she could then play the "I was just a poor defenseless woman trying to use the gym like anybody else and these big, mean old men opressed me because I'm a woman" card and make a huge deal out of it.

I know I'm jumping to conclusions here, but this just screams "incident baiting" to me.

But like I said, I do agree that he should have walked away, because then I wouldn't have to hear about this! Laughing
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: Anthony Johnson posts rant about woman in gym, reportedly throws her yoga mat   Anthony Johnson posts rant about woman in gym, reportedly throws her yoga mat EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 6:18 pm

i havent heard a police report from her and i definitely havent heard of anything from her on any social media sites..

the only thing i heard was one of those big alpha male meat head gym rats crying on a social media site after he harassed the woman who was possibly an ignorant bitch. i dont know her so i wont jump to conclusions but i know the history of rumble and it doesnt look good for him to do that.

its just so dumb. he made himself look like a premadonna little bitch in simple terms. dude, you are a monster and one of the top p4p best fighters in the world and you are threatening a yoga stretching woman on facebook?? maybe he should be focusing on defending submissions rather than lifting weights and pulling yoga mats from under defenseless women
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Anthony Johnson posts rant about woman in gym, reportedly throws her yoga mat   Anthony Johnson posts rant about woman in gym, reportedly throws her yoga mat EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 9:17 pm

drainbamage wrote:
i havent heard a police report from her and i definitely havent heard of anything from her on any social media sites..

the only thing i heard was one of those big alpha male meat head gym rats crying on a social media site after he harassed the woman who was possibly an ignorant bitch. i dont know her so i wont jump to conclusions but i know the history of rumble and it doesnt look good for him to do that.

its just so dumb. he made himself look like a premadonna little bitch in simple terms. dude, you are a monster and one of the top p4p best fighters in the world and you are threatening a yoga stretching woman on facebook?? maybe he should be focusing on defending submissions rather than lifting weights and pulling yoga mats from under defenseless women

Lol!!
OK, that much I do agree with! It's kind of a bitch move for Anthony fucking Johnson to go on Facebook and put some woman he doesn't even know on blast over an argument he had with her. There's no debating that. That wasn't the manliest of moments for him. lol

And I haven't heard her point of view yet either. So who knows? Reporters may find her and ask her about it and she might just say "Eh, shit happens." So I admittedly should probably refrain from any further judgment until we hear what she has to say.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

PostSubject: Re: Anthony Johnson posts rant about woman in gym, reportedly throws her yoga mat   Anthony Johnson posts rant about woman in gym, reportedly throws her yoga mat EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 9:46 am

Triggerman99 wrote:
No I defintely agree that he SHOULD have walked away. We should all always walk away every time, no ifs ands or buts about it. Avoiding stuff like this and being the bigger man is always the optimal outcome.
I'm just saying........

This woman was likely looking for someone to dare try and ask her to move. You don't just go and accidentally or obliviously set up your yoga mat in the weight lifting area. It's pretty obvious- usually by the tell tale signs of weights and weight lifting equipment all over the goddamn place- that you are in the weight lifting area. I don't care if this sounds misogynistic or anti-women or not, but she likely knew exactly what she was doing; she was baiting one of these gym rat meathead alpha males into a conflict, so she could then play the "I was just a poor defenseless woman trying to use the gym like anybody else and these big, mean old men opressed me because I'm a woman" card and make a huge deal out of it.

I know I'm jumping to conclusions here, but this just screams "incident baiting" to me.

But like I said, I do agree that he should have walked away, because then I wouldn't have to hear about this! Laughing

Ah ok, gotcha. We are much closer to being on the same page about this than I thought then lol.

When I first heard about the incident my first though was "Are you fucking kidding me?!?! What a fucking moron!!! As if the UFC doesnt have enough issues they have the dude with a domestic violence history that they let back into the org and is 6' 3" and 240lbs threatening a yoga mat chick at the gym. He cant get out of his own fucking way" lol
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Anthony Johnson posts rant about woman in gym, reportedly throws her yoga mat   Anthony Johnson posts rant about woman in gym, reportedly throws her yoga mat EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 3:36 pm

Well yeah, like I said, she may or may not have instigated the situation. But most important of all, like Drainbamage said, if he could've just shut the fuck up about it and not go on a rant on Facebook it would have been better for everybody, including himself.
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: Anthony Johnson posts rant about woman in gym, reportedly throws her yoga mat   Anthony Johnson posts rant about woman in gym, reportedly throws her yoga mat EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 12:26 pm

looks like he got off easy i think he has to pay a fine and go to counseling. i hope he gets his temper under control. in all his post fight interviews he is such a humble and nice guy.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

PostSubject: Re: Anthony Johnson posts rant about woman in gym, reportedly throws her yoga mat   Anthony Johnson posts rant about woman in gym, reportedly throws her yoga mat EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 9:55 am

drainbamage wrote:
looks like he got off easy i think he has to pay a fine and go to counseling. i hope he gets his temper under control. in all his post fight interviews he is such a humble and nice guy.  

Agreed
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22838

PostSubject: Re: Anthony Johnson posts rant about woman in gym, reportedly throws her yoga mat   Anthony Johnson posts rant about woman in gym, reportedly throws her yoga mat EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 7:12 pm

I fuckin hate old country red clay dirt roads!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anthony Johnson posts rant about woman in gym, reportedly throws her yoga mat   Anthony Johnson posts rant about woman in gym, reportedly throws her yoga mat Empty

Back to top Go down

Anthony Johnson posts rant about woman in gym, reportedly throws her yoga mat
Page 1 of 1