The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Cyborg says she can make 135lbs, but still wants to fight Rousey at a catchweight, or something.......I don't know or care anymore Vote_lcapCyborg says she can make 135lbs, but still wants to fight Rousey at a catchweight, or something.......I don't know or care anymore Voting_barCyborg says she can make 135lbs, but still wants to fight Rousey at a catchweight, or something.......I don't know or care anymore Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Cyborg says she can make 135lbs, but still wants to fight Rousey at a catchweight, or something.......I don't know or care anymore Vote_lcapCyborg says she can make 135lbs, but still wants to fight Rousey at a catchweight, or something.......I don't know or care anymore Voting_barCyborg says she can make 135lbs, but still wants to fight Rousey at a catchweight, or something.......I don't know or care anymore Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Cyborg says she can make 135lbs, but still wants to fight Rousey at a catchweight, or something.......I don't know or care anymore

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59453

Cyborg says she can make 135lbs, but still wants to fight Rousey at a catchweight, or something.......I don't know or care anymore Empty
PostSubject: Cyborg says she can make 135lbs, but still wants to fight Rousey at a catchweight, or something.......I don't know or care anymore   Cyborg says she can make 135lbs, but still wants to fight Rousey at a catchweight, or something.......I don't know or care anymore EmptyMon May 04, 2015 1:42 pm

Quote :
The only thing holding up a clash between UFC women’s bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey and Invicta FC featherweight champion Cris “Cyborg” Justino is Justino’s ability to make 135 pounds.

Following Rousey’s 14-second finish of Cat Zingano at UFC 184 in February, UFC president Dana White said that the fight would happen as soon as Cyborg makes the weight.

“Cyborg has to make the weight,” said White during the UFC 184 post-fight press conference. “Make 135 pounds and this fight is going to happen.”

Justino appeared on Friday’s edition of UFC Tonight and claimed she can 100-percent make the drop to the bantamweight division.

“I have a professional nutritional guy and he helped me much easier to make 145. I can 100-percent make it,” said the 29-year-old.

Justino has been calling for a match-up against Rousey for years, but the fight and making the 135-pound weight limit has eluded her.

“I’m ready for this fight. When she was in Strikeforce, I wanted to make the fight. I try 100-percent to make 135. It’s annoying. I want to fight her,” she said.

For Justino, a fight with Rousey isn’t about winning a belt. It’s a fight she’s sought for years. And although she says she can make 135 pounds, Cyborg continues to call for a catchweight fight against the UFC titleholder.

“All fighters want to be a champ in the UFC. I think for now it’d be great to see me and Ronda fight. I don’t want her belt. I just want to fight her. Let’s go fight. Let’s go meet at 140. Let’s do it,” she said.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/cyborg-says-she-can-make-135-pounds-to-face-ronda-rousey-but-why-wait

RAGING!

Face Palm Face Palm Face Palm
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22859

Cyborg says she can make 135lbs, but still wants to fight Rousey at a catchweight, or something.......I don't know or care anymore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cyborg says she can make 135lbs, but still wants to fight Rousey at a catchweight, or something.......I don't know or care anymore   Cyborg says she can make 135lbs, but still wants to fight Rousey at a catchweight, or something.......I don't know or care anymore EmptyMon May 04, 2015 4:03 pm

Cyborg says she can make 135lbs, but still wants to fight Rousey at a catchweight, or something.......I don't know or care anymore I-can-10
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15333

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg says she can make 135lbs, but still wants to fight Rousey at a catchweight, or something.......I don't know or care anymore   Cyborg says she can make 135lbs, but still wants to fight Rousey at a catchweight, or something.......I don't know or care anymore EmptyMon May 04, 2015 4:11 pm

blah,blah,blah Cyborg. Plain and simple drop the weight and fight Rhonda, if not then please shut the hell up!!!! I am at the point that i could care less if they fought now.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg says she can make 135lbs, but still wants to fight Rousey at a catchweight, or something.......I don't know or care anymore   Cyborg says she can make 135lbs, but still wants to fight Rousey at a catchweight, or something.......I don't know or care anymore EmptyMon May 04, 2015 5:21 pm

Yeah that's kinda where I'm at.

I'm just so sick of listening to Cyborg say I can't, actually I can and am going to soon, actually I'm not and I'm defending my title at 145 now, actually I can and I am going to soon, actually I can't because my doctor said so, actually I can but I choose not to, actually I want to fight at a catchweight now, actually I can make 135 but I would rather oh just SHUT THE FUCK UP ALREADY!!!!
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12619

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg says she can make 135lbs, but still wants to fight Rousey at a catchweight, or something.......I don't know or care anymore   Cyborg says she can make 135lbs, but still wants to fight Rousey at a catchweight, or something.......I don't know or care anymore EmptyTue May 05, 2015 7:58 am

Lol...I year ago she said if she cut to 135 she would die lol.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg says she can make 135lbs, but still wants to fight Rousey at a catchweight, or something.......I don't know or care anymore   Cyborg says she can make 135lbs, but still wants to fight Rousey at a catchweight, or something.......I don't know or care anymore EmptyTue May 05, 2015 6:10 pm

Yeah I remember that. Then she decided to go back to 145 because it was "a safer weight" for her or something, and now here she is again saying "Oh, I can make 135, trush me!! But hey! How about a catchweight!" then has the nerve to call the whole situation "annoying".
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

Standard Cash : 10261

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg says she can make 135lbs, but still wants to fight Rousey at a catchweight, or something.......I don't know or care anymore   Cyborg says she can make 135lbs, but still wants to fight Rousey at a catchweight, or something.......I don't know or care anymore EmptyWed May 06, 2015 9:51 am

I understand ronda is the best in the world for wmma but didnt she use to fight at 145? If she did and Cyborg has gone on record saying I dont care about the title I care about beating ronda I think ronda should step up and do the 140 fight against Cyborg non title fight. If she beats Cyborg it puts everything to rest if she loses she still has her belt and is the greatest 135er ever.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg says she can make 135lbs, but still wants to fight Rousey at a catchweight, or something.......I don't know or care anymore   Cyborg says she can make 135lbs, but still wants to fight Rousey at a catchweight, or something.......I don't know or care anymore EmptyWed May 06, 2015 11:17 am

drainbamage wrote:
I understand ronda is the best in the world for wmma but didnt she use to fight at 145? If she did and Cyborg has gone on record saying I dont care about the title I care about beating ronda I think ronda should step up and do the 140 fight against Cyborg non title fight. If she beats Cyborg it puts everything to rest if she loses she still has her belt and is the greatest 135er ever.

I would agree if it both of them expressing interest in a catch weight fight. But it's basically just Cyborg saying "I can't come down to your weight, so accommodate me and fight me at a different weight", and Rhonda saying "I'm the champ at 135. If you want me, you know where to find me". Im no Rousey fan, but in this scenario, it's pretty clear who presents the more reasonable case.
And just to be clear, I don't think Cyborg is being lazy or whatever for not making 135. I think she legit can't get down to that weight. I just wish she would stop flip-flopping about it and just let it go. Just like most super fights, I just don't see this one ever happening.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12619

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg says she can make 135lbs, but still wants to fight Rousey at a catchweight, or something.......I don't know or care anymore   Cyborg says she can make 135lbs, but still wants to fight Rousey at a catchweight, or something.......I don't know or care anymore EmptyThu May 07, 2015 11:55 am

I agree...The whole thing is so stupid.

Calling someone out in a weight class you cant make and then making it sound like she is the ducker, because she wont move Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg says she can make 135lbs, but still wants to fight Rousey at a catchweight, or something.......I don't know or care anymore   Cyborg says she can make 135lbs, but still wants to fight Rousey at a catchweight, or something.......I don't know or care anymore EmptyThu May 07, 2015 2:04 pm

^^^
Exactly!!!
If you can't fight her at the weight she fights at, then STFU and stopp calling her out.
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

Standard Cash : 10261

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg says she can make 135lbs, but still wants to fight Rousey at a catchweight, or something.......I don't know or care anymore   Cyborg says she can make 135lbs, but still wants to fight Rousey at a catchweight, or something.......I don't know or care anymore EmptySat May 09, 2015 5:22 pm

randy vs fedor

cyborg would get steamrolled by rousey at 135
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg says she can make 135lbs, but still wants to fight Rousey at a catchweight, or something.......I don't know or care anymore   Cyborg says she can make 135lbs, but still wants to fight Rousey at a catchweight, or something.......I don't know or care anymore Empty

Back to top Go down

Cyborg says she can make 135lbs, but still wants to fight Rousey at a catchweight, or something.......I don't know or care anymore
Page 1 of 1