The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Doctors say it's not safe for Cris Cyborg to cut to 135lbs; possible Rousey fight off the table Vote_lcapDoctors say it's not safe for Cris Cyborg to cut to 135lbs; possible Rousey fight off the table Voting_barDoctors say it's not safe for Cris Cyborg to cut to 135lbs; possible Rousey fight off the table Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Doctors say it's not safe for Cris Cyborg to cut to 135lbs; possible Rousey fight off the table Vote_lcapDoctors say it's not safe for Cris Cyborg to cut to 135lbs; possible Rousey fight off the table Voting_barDoctors say it's not safe for Cris Cyborg to cut to 135lbs; possible Rousey fight off the table Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Doctors say it's not safe for Cris Cyborg to cut to 135lbs; possible Rousey fight off the table

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59441

Doctors say it's not safe for Cris Cyborg to cut to 135lbs; possible Rousey fight off the table Empty
PostSubject: Doctors say it's not safe for Cris Cyborg to cut to 135lbs; possible Rousey fight off the table   Doctors say it's not safe for Cris Cyborg to cut to 135lbs; possible Rousey fight off the table EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 2:17 pm

Quote :
If Cris “Cyborg” Santos and Ronda Rousey ever meet in the UFC, it will have to be at 145lbs or it won’t be happening at all.

Santos met with her doctors recently including a visit to the cardiologist to see about a possible move down to 135lbs, so that she could eventually and hopefully meet Rousey inside the cage to settle their long standing differences.

Members of Cris Cyborg’s camp confirmed to MMAWeekly.com on Tuesday that she visited with her heart doctor and was told that a cut to 135lbs would just not be safe based on her personal physical health. Her cardiologist stated emphatically that he would not sign off on a move down a weight class based on her current health.

The dangers to her body could also prohibit Santos from carrying a child later in life, and according to her camp, that was a risk the former Strikeforce champion was unwilling to make for any fight.

Santos’ walking around weight currently hovers around 160lbs and the 25lb cut would just be too much for her body according to her doctors.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/doctors-shoot-down-cris-cyborg-from-attempting-cut-to-135lbs-ufc-future-in-jeopardy
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15321

Doctors say it's not safe for Cris Cyborg to cut to 135lbs; possible Rousey fight off the table Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doctors say it's not safe for Cris Cyborg to cut to 135lbs; possible Rousey fight off the table   Doctors say it's not safe for Cris Cyborg to cut to 135lbs; possible Rousey fight off the table EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 2:34 pm

If that really is the case then Rhonda should move up to fight her.It's not like rhonda hasnt fought at that weight class before with much success. She even did 150 catch weight before i think. I would just push for lots of drug testing cyborg during the training time and fight time to make sure we make this fight on the up and up.

I still see rhonda tapping cyborg out at 135 or 145 weight class
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5728

PostSubject: Re: Doctors say it's not safe for Cris Cyborg to cut to 135lbs; possible Rousey fight off the table   Doctors say it's not safe for Cris Cyborg to cut to 135lbs; possible Rousey fight off the table EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 3:03 pm

Geeze I wonder if this is the same Dr. that got her the roids.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22847

PostSubject: Re: Doctors say it's not safe for Cris Cyborg to cut to 135lbs; possible Rousey fight off the table   Doctors say it's not safe for Cris Cyborg to cut to 135lbs; possible Rousey fight off the table EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 3:08 pm

Suspect
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Doctors say it's not safe for Cris Cyborg to cut to 135lbs; possible Rousey fight off the table   Doctors say it's not safe for Cris Cyborg to cut to 135lbs; possible Rousey fight off the table EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 5:04 pm

I would honestly question this if I were Rousey. This sounds more to me like a bunch of BS fabricated to make Rousey move up to fight Cyborg, just like Cyborg has wanted all along.

I would ask for proof of this analysis, or at the very least, ask Cyborg to go to a UFC-sanctioned doctor to back up this opinion.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12607

PostSubject: Re: Doctors say it's not safe for Cris Cyborg to cut to 135lbs; possible Rousey fight off the table   Doctors say it's not safe for Cris Cyborg to cut to 135lbs; possible Rousey fight off the table EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 6:29 am

H-O-R-S-E-S-H-I-T!

There is not ten lbs of water weight for her to cut? My fucking ass!
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Doctors say it's not safe for Cris Cyborg to cut to 135lbs; possible Rousey fight off the table   Doctors say it's not safe for Cris Cyborg to cut to 135lbs; possible Rousey fight off the table EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 2:02 pm

In all honesty, weight cutting in general is not a good idea, and any doctor would tell you that. But she's in the business of weight cutting, so if she really wanted to fight Rousey, she would make it happen. I don't see other fighters claiming that they're doctor told them not to try and drop a weight class. I don't think I've even heard that. Seems to me that she's trying to play the victim here, like "Hey, I tried to cut down to fight Rousey, but my doctor yelled at me and said I'm not allowed to. What can I do? My hands are tied. Guess we, uh... are just going to have to, uh.......fight at 145, right?"
BS.
Her arguement holds no water (Hey-O! See what I did there?).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Doctors say it's not safe for Cris Cyborg to cut to 135lbs; possible Rousey fight off the table   Doctors say it's not safe for Cris Cyborg to cut to 135lbs; possible Rousey fight off the table Empty

Back to top Go down

Doctors say it's not safe for Cris Cyborg to cut to 135lbs; possible Rousey fight off the table
Page 1 of 1