The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Raphael Assuncao announces injury, forcing second top bantamweight out of UFC title picture Vote_lcapRaphael Assuncao announces injury, forcing second top bantamweight out of UFC title picture Voting_barRaphael Assuncao announces injury, forcing second top bantamweight out of UFC title picture Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Raphael Assuncao announces injury, forcing second top bantamweight out of UFC title picture Vote_lcapRaphael Assuncao announces injury, forcing second top bantamweight out of UFC title picture Voting_barRaphael Assuncao announces injury, forcing second top bantamweight out of UFC title picture Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Raphael Assuncao announces injury, forcing second top bantamweight out of UFC title picture

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

Standard Cash : 10261

Raphael Assuncao announces injury, forcing second top bantamweight out of UFC title picture Empty
PostSubject: Raphael Assuncao announces injury, forcing second top bantamweight out of UFC title picture   Raphael Assuncao announces injury, forcing second top bantamweight out of UFC title picture EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 4:37 pm

As it turns out, former UFC bantamweight champion Dominick Cruz (20-1 MMA, 3-0 UFC) isn’t the only top bantamweight who will be sitting on the sidelines.

Fellow title contender Raphael Assuncao (23-4 MMA, 7-1 UFC) today also announced a broken ankle has forced him to withdraw his name from consideration for a bout with current UFC bantamweight champion T.J. Dillashaw (11-2 MMA, 7-2 UFC).

http://mmajunkie.com/2014/12/raphael-assuncao-announces-injury-forcing-second-top-bantamweight-out-of-ufc-title-picture
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15333

Raphael Assuncao announces injury, forcing second top bantamweight out of UFC title picture Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raphael Assuncao announces injury, forcing second top bantamweight out of UFC title picture   Raphael Assuncao announces injury, forcing second top bantamweight out of UFC title picture EmptyTue Dec 23, 2014 8:03 am

starting to look like barao might be getting next crack
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35201

PostSubject: Re: Raphael Assuncao announces injury, forcing second top bantamweight out of UFC title picture   Raphael Assuncao announces injury, forcing second top bantamweight out of UFC title picture EmptyTue Dec 23, 2014 10:46 am

Or Faber!
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

PostSubject: Re: Raphael Assuncao announces injury, forcing second top bantamweight out of UFC title picture   Raphael Assuncao announces injury, forcing second top bantamweight out of UFC title picture EmptyTue Dec 23, 2014 11:46 am

stock wrote:
Or Faber!

will Faber fight TJ? I know there buddies and training partners.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35201

PostSubject: Re: Raphael Assuncao announces injury, forcing second top bantamweight out of UFC title picture   Raphael Assuncao announces injury, forcing second top bantamweight out of UFC title picture EmptyTue Dec 23, 2014 11:56 am

Ah... I forgot about them being butt buddies.
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: Raphael Assuncao announces injury, forcing second top bantamweight out of UFC title picture   Raphael Assuncao announces injury, forcing second top bantamweight out of UFC title picture EmptyTue Dec 23, 2014 5:33 pm

id like to see barao up next... im all for it
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

PostSubject: Re: Raphael Assuncao announces injury, forcing second top bantamweight out of UFC title picture   Raphael Assuncao announces injury, forcing second top bantamweight out of UFC title picture EmptyWed Dec 24, 2014 8:29 am

I would like to see barao and tj again too. just to see if TJ can man handle him like he did last time.
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: Raphael Assuncao announces injury, forcing second top bantamweight out of UFC title picture   Raphael Assuncao announces injury, forcing second top bantamweight out of UFC title picture EmptyWed Dec 24, 2014 12:18 pm

i hope they fight in brazil and i hope tj washes him up in the first round.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

PostSubject: Re: Raphael Assuncao announces injury, forcing second top bantamweight out of UFC title picture   Raphael Assuncao announces injury, forcing second top bantamweight out of UFC title picture EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 8:29 am

drainbamage wrote:

so what you're saying is you want to see TJ get murdered after another successful title defensive. lol!
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59453

PostSubject: Re: Raphael Assuncao announces injury, forcing second top bantamweight out of UFC title picture   Raphael Assuncao announces injury, forcing second top bantamweight out of UFC title picture EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 11:07 am

I'd take Barao in the rematch.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

PostSubject: Re: Raphael Assuncao announces injury, forcing second top bantamweight out of UFC title picture   Raphael Assuncao announces injury, forcing second top bantamweight out of UFC title picture EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 11:13 am

Triggerman99 wrote:

I dont know. This wasn't like Serra and gsp were we all now gsp just got caught with a lucky punch and all. TJ absolutely had an answerer for every thing Barao threw at him. maybe barao was having a bit of an off night but i dont think he was having that much of an off night either. It really just looked like TJ out classed him. he may be Baraos kryptonite at this point. kind of like how Weidman is silvas at this point.
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: Raphael Assuncao announces injury, forcing second top bantamweight out of UFC title picture   Raphael Assuncao announces injury, forcing second top bantamweight out of UFC title picture EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 11:33 am

Gecko wrote:

drainbamage wrote:

so what you're saying is you want to see TJ get murdered after another successful title defensive. lol!

could you imagine what would happen if tj fought barao, werdum fought cain, weidman fought belfort, pettis fought aldo in brazil and all of the americans won??

there would be riots everywhere. helio gracie would be turning in his grave.

that would be a sick card.
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: Raphael Assuncao announces injury, forcing second top bantamweight out of UFC title picture   Raphael Assuncao announces injury, forcing second top bantamweight out of UFC title picture EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 11:35 am

Gecko wrote:

Triggerman99 wrote:

TJ absolutely had an answerer for every thing Barao threw at him. TJ out classed him. he may be Baraos kryptonite at this point. kind of like how Weidman is silvas at this point.

i agree. blame it on the weight cut , blame it on the fact tj was a huge underdog, blame it on the rain.. no matter what tj destroyed him. barao didnt look impressive in his last fight either. if he showed up like that against tj the fight would be over in the 1st round.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

PostSubject: Re: Raphael Assuncao announces injury, forcing second top bantamweight out of UFC title picture   Raphael Assuncao announces injury, forcing second top bantamweight out of UFC title picture EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 11:39 am

drainbamage wrote:

Gecko wrote:

drainbamage wrote:

could you imagine what would happen if tj fought barao, werdum fought cain, weidman fought belfort, pettis fought aldo in brazil and all of the americans won??

there would be riots everywhere. helio gracie would be turning in his grave.

that would be a sick card.

hahahaha oh man i would not want to be an american in brazil on that night.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Raphael Assuncao announces injury, forcing second top bantamweight out of UFC title picture   Raphael Assuncao announces injury, forcing second top bantamweight out of UFC title picture EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 2:57 pm

drainbamage wrote:

Gecko wrote:

Triggerman99 wrote:

TJ absolutely had an answerer for every thing Barao threw at him. TJ out classed him. he may be Baraos kryptonite at this point. kind of like how Weidman is silvas at this point.

i agree. blame it on the weight cut , blame it on the fact tj was a huge underdog, blame it on the rain.. no matter what tj destroyed him. barao didnt look impressive in his last fight either. if he showed up like that against tj the fight would be over in the 1st round.

Well I actually blame it on the huge punch that Barao got caught with in the first. I think it basically scrambled his brains enough to where he was more or less on autopilot for the rest of the fight. That's not to take anything away from Dillashaw, because he did in fact land the punch that put Barao on his ass and halfway into LaLa Land, but I'm just saying if Barao didn't get hit that hard and that flush that early in the fight, things might've looked a lot differently than they did for the remainder of the fight.
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: Raphael Assuncao announces injury, forcing second top bantamweight out of UFC title picture   Raphael Assuncao announces injury, forcing second top bantamweight out of UFC title picture EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 3:29 pm

Triggerman99 wrote:

drainbamage wrote:

Gecko wrote:

Triggerman99 wrote:

Well I actually blame it on the huge punch that Barao got caught with in the first. I think it basically scrambled his brains enough to where he was more or less on autopilot for the rest of the fight. That's not to take anything away from Dillashaw, because he did in fact land the punch that put Barao on his ass and halfway into LaLa Land, but I'm just saying if Barao didn't get hit that hard and that flush that early in the fight, things might've looked a lot differently than they did for the remainder of the fight.

thats possible. but after the fight i think barao was saying the weight cut was tough, i was over looking tj and a few other things. i never heard him mention anything about that punch that clearly took his fighting skills away.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Raphael Assuncao announces injury, forcing second top bantamweight out of UFC title picture   Raphael Assuncao announces injury, forcing second top bantamweight out of UFC title picture EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 3:57 pm

It's just hard to say how much that punch affected him. I sorta wish he didn't get rocked so early in the fight, and it didnt happen until round 3 or so, so at least we could've seen how the fight was playing out and could then compare before and after.
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: Raphael Assuncao announces injury, forcing second top bantamweight out of UFC title picture   Raphael Assuncao announces injury, forcing second top bantamweight out of UFC title picture EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 4:01 pm

i was never a tj fan until that fight. if he fights like that every fight he will be a champ for a long time. but im excited to see the rematch between them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Raphael Assuncao announces injury, forcing second top bantamweight out of UFC title picture   Raphael Assuncao announces injury, forcing second top bantamweight out of UFC title picture Empty

Back to top Go down

Raphael Assuncao announces injury, forcing second top bantamweight out of UFC title picture
Page 1 of 1