The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Lyoto Machida vs. Phil Davis possibly in the works Vote_lcapLyoto Machida vs. Phil Davis possibly in the works Voting_barLyoto Machida vs. Phil Davis possibly in the works Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Lyoto Machida vs. Phil Davis possibly in the works Vote_lcapLyoto Machida vs. Phil Davis possibly in the works Voting_barLyoto Machida vs. Phil Davis possibly in the works Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Lyoto Machida vs. Phil Davis possibly in the works

Go down 
4 posters

Who would win?
Machida
Lyoto Machida vs. Phil Davis possibly in the works Vote_lcap79%Lyoto Machida vs. Phil Davis possibly in the works Vote_rcap
 79% [ 11 ]
Davis
Lyoto Machida vs. Phil Davis possibly in the works Vote_lcap21%Lyoto Machida vs. Phil Davis possibly in the works Vote_rcap
 21% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 14

AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22853

Lyoto Machida vs. Phil Davis possibly in the works Empty
PostSubject: Lyoto Machida vs. Phil Davis possibly in the works   Lyoto Machida vs. Phil Davis possibly in the works EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 10:00 am

Quote :
When Phil Davis was forced from his main event fight against Rashad Evans at UFC 133 due to a training injury, one name that came up to possibly replace him was Lyoto Machida. The UFC and Machida were unable to come to financial terms and eventually Tito Ortiz replaced Davis. Evans went on to dispatch Ortiz via second round TKO in that bout.
For those wondering what would be next for Machida and Davis, the answer may very well be, each other. “We
already contacted them and we’ll be able to talk more about that soon.
He (Davis) is the most concrete option in the division. He’s be a huge
opponent for Lyoto, who’s one of the biggest idols of the sport in
Brazil and needs to fight again soon”, Machida’s manager Jorge Guimarães told Yahoo! Esportes via Tatame.

Davis is 9-0 in his MMA career with his last victory being a
unanimous decision over Antônio Rogério Nogueira in March of this year.
Source

Thats an interesting match up! IDK if Davis has the tools to win this fight yet. But I think he should last a bit longer than what Randy did.
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

Standard Cash : 10255

PostSubject: Re: Lyoto Machida vs. Phil Davis possibly in the works   Lyoto Machida vs. Phil Davis possibly in the works EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 10:15 am

From a very reliable source i heard that zuffa was having issues with placing davis vs machida because they want to bring him up slowly. However i did hear that there is a deal on the table for hendo to come to ufc and fight machida for a number one contender spot. Again rumors but the source is very reliable. Hammers hamil from the ug is the source
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22853

PostSubject: Re: Lyoto Machida vs. Phil Davis possibly in the works   Lyoto Machida vs. Phil Davis possibly in the works EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 10:24 am

Interesting.... I agree with bringing him up slowly. He just isn't quite there yet and it would suck to see him take a step back before even getting a real shot at climbing the ladder. Hendo vs Machida!!! Now thats a fuckin fight I wanna see!!! DO IT Dana!
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: Lyoto Machida vs. Phil Davis possibly in the works   Lyoto Machida vs. Phil Davis possibly in the works EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 10:37 am

I love the machida vs hendo fight but at the same time id love to see hendo vs rashad or shogun also..... As for davis id like to see him match up against bader tito or gustafosen. There are a lot of interesting fights in that divi and a ton of talent. Lets hope rampage exposes something kn the bones fight and that will really make for interesting things.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5734

PostSubject: Re: Lyoto Machida vs. Phil Davis possibly in the works   Lyoto Machida vs. Phil Davis possibly in the works EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 11:06 am

The UFC is really going to have to nurse the Henderson fights ... I really don't think he has that many left in him fighting superior level fighters. I'd like to see Henderson / Machida too ... but that could be a potential career ender for the loser.
Back to top Go down
butterknifeninja
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
butterknifeninja

Standard Cash : 4010

PostSubject: Re: Lyoto Machida vs. Phil Davis possibly in the works   Lyoto Machida vs. Phil Davis possibly in the works EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 11:19 am

Hendo vs Machida would be the balls! Machida would take it though. Couture has better greco (from an mma standpoint at least) than Hendo and he couldn't hold Machida against the cage so I doubt Hendo could. Plus Machida is too slick to get Bisping'd
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: Lyoto Machida vs. Phil Davis possibly in the works   Lyoto Machida vs. Phil Davis possibly in the works EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 11:23 am

Hendo has at least 4 or 5 years left. His cardio looks great his still has his chin. Throws tight punches and his heart is in it. I think off of the momentum alone he will win his next two fights. And no matter what his age is he is still a threat to any top 5 lhw
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lyoto Machida vs. Phil Davis possibly in the works   Lyoto Machida vs. Phil Davis possibly in the works Empty

Back to top Go down

Lyoto Machida vs. Phil Davis possibly in the works
Page 1 of 1