The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Cyborg gives up on the idea of fighting at bantamweight (& Essentially The UFC) Vote_lcapCyborg gives up on the idea of fighting at bantamweight (& Essentially The UFC) Voting_barCyborg gives up on the idea of fighting at bantamweight (& Essentially The UFC) Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Cyborg gives up on the idea of fighting at bantamweight (& Essentially The UFC) Vote_lcapCyborg gives up on the idea of fighting at bantamweight (& Essentially The UFC) Voting_barCyborg gives up on the idea of fighting at bantamweight (& Essentially The UFC) Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Cyborg gives up on the idea of fighting at bantamweight (& Essentially The UFC)

Go down 
+3
Snake Five
Triggerman99
Chrom
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22859

Cyborg gives up on the idea of fighting at bantamweight (& Essentially The UFC) Empty
PostSubject: Cyborg gives up on the idea of fighting at bantamweight (& Essentially The UFC)   Cyborg gives up on the idea of fighting at bantamweight (& Essentially The UFC) EmptyTue Dec 16, 2014 4:21 pm

Quote :
Two and a half months after announcing her decision to drop to the bantamweight division for a bout at Invicta FC 10, the first and only Strikeforce and Invicta FC featherweight champion confirmed she won’t try cutting the extra 10 pounds anymore.

"I can’t. From now on, I will only fight at my weight or in a catchweight," Cyborg told Tatame on Monday. "I haven’t fought in a long time and that’s why I want to go back to my division."

Speaking to MMAFighting.com on Dec. 3, the Brazilian brawler said she had postponed the drop to bantamweight, but turns out that the lack of commitment from both UFC bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey and the UFC president Dana White on making the anticipated super fight forced Cyborg to change her mind.

"I realized I’m the only one making an effort for this fight to happen," she said.
source
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59453

Cyborg gives up on the idea of fighting at bantamweight (& Essentially The UFC) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cyborg gives up on the idea of fighting at bantamweight (& Essentially The UFC)   Cyborg gives up on the idea of fighting at bantamweight (& Essentially The UFC) EmptyTue Dec 16, 2014 5:31 pm

Quote :
"I realized I’m the only one making an effort for this fight to happen," she said.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

What!?!

Rousey is the 135lb champ. You said you wanted to fight her!! Guess what? That means you have to drop to 135. Rousey moving up in weight was never on the table. Quite frankly, she has what you want (a UFC title), and the onus is on you to make the effort to go and get it.

You quit dude, that's all there is to it.
You fight at different weight classes. If you want to change that, that's up to you. But show a little class for fuck's sake. You didn't hear Anderson Silva and GSP calling each other out for not "making enough effort" to make their superfight happen. They both basically said "We fight at different weight classes.......maybe someday we'll fight.......it would take a lot of work......who know's?"

You could learn a lot from those two.
Back to top Go down
Snake Five
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter

Standard Cash : 3792

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg gives up on the idea of fighting at bantamweight (& Essentially The UFC)   Cyborg gives up on the idea of fighting at bantamweight (& Essentially The UFC) EmptyTue Dec 16, 2014 11:14 pm

I love Cyborg ,but just stop changing your position it makes you look bad. I think now she's flopped back and forth from she will make weight, to cant', to will, to cant' like three times now. It makes her look bad.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15333

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg gives up on the idea of fighting at bantamweight (& Essentially The UFC)   Cyborg gives up on the idea of fighting at bantamweight (& Essentially The UFC) EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 8:25 am

Triggerman99 wrote:

Quote :

What!?!

Rousey is the 135lb champ. You said you wanted to fight her!! Guess what? That means you have to drop to 135. Rousey moving up in weight was never on the table. Quite frankly, she has what you want (a UFC title), and the onus is on you to make the effort to go and get it.

You fight at different weight classes. If you want to change that, that's up to you. But show a little class for fuck's sake. You didn't hear Anderson Silva and GSP calling each other out for not "making enough effort" to make their superfight happen. They both basically said "We fight at different weight classes.......maybe someday we'll fight.......it would take a lot of work......who know's?"

1000% agree with you. You want to fight the champ, make the weight. pretty simple really.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5740

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg gives up on the idea of fighting at bantamweight (& Essentially The UFC)   Cyborg gives up on the idea of fighting at bantamweight (& Essentially The UFC) EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 10:56 am

Oh goodness what a line of crap from a proven Roid cheat who simply can't make the cut due to his/her own failings. Heh perhaps she should try and get on board with the class action lawsuit!
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

Standard Cash : 10261

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg gives up on the idea of fighting at bantamweight (& Essentially The UFC)   Cyborg gives up on the idea of fighting at bantamweight (& Essentially The UFC) EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 12:42 pm

didnt rousey fight at 145?

theres a reason why dana gave cyborg front row seats the other night to the fox card and im sure it isnt because she wont be fighting rousey.

that fight will happen.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg gives up on the idea of fighting at bantamweight (& Essentially The UFC)   Cyborg gives up on the idea of fighting at bantamweight (& Essentially The UFC) EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 5:21 pm

drainbamage wrote:
didnt rousey fight at 145?

theres a reason why dana gave cyborg front row seats the other night to the fox card and im sure it isnt because she wont be fighting rousey.

that fight will happen.

Nah, that just doesn't add up.
If the media started spilling the news on Monday that Cyborg was giving up on 135, then she definitely decided before Saturday, which means Dana probably heard about it from someone before Saturday, too. He's not gonna wine and dine her if she's not gonna be making him money.
Also, if he was behind getting her a front row seat, he'd do it for a Rousey fight, not a HW title fight.
And quite honestly, if even half of the insiders are to be believed, Dana isn't interested in rolling out the red carpet for Cyborg to come in and fight Rousey. If he wanted Cyborg in the UFC, he would've opened up a 145lb division, or at the very least let her fight Rousey at a catchweight. Dana has been banking on the fact the Cyborg can't make 135, and so far he's been correct on that. I'm not saying Cyborg could beat Rousey, but that would be the absolute last thing Dana would want to risk have happening. He doesn't want this bruttish, fugly, former steroid-using killer coming in there and flattening his golden-child champion.

With all of that said, I still stand by my point that Dana and Co. are not in the wrong here. If Cyborg wants to fight Rousey, she has to make 135. it's that simple.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22859

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg gives up on the idea of fighting at bantamweight (& Essentially The UFC)   Cyborg gives up on the idea of fighting at bantamweight (& Essentially The UFC) EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 10:18 am

Maybe the next TUF season is womens 145lb "A Champion Will Be Crowned!", starring: everyone that gets destroyed by Cyborg; and that is why she won't be dropping. I could see that being a far shot... but if Cyborg can't fight 135 and Rousey doesn't want to move up, they can both be killers in their respective divisions and build the mystique around that super fight that may never really happen, a la GSP/Silva.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12619

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg gives up on the idea of fighting at bantamweight (& Essentially The UFC)   Cyborg gives up on the idea of fighting at bantamweight (& Essentially The UFC) EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 12:11 pm

Triggerman99 wrote:

Quote :

What!?!

This.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg gives up on the idea of fighting at bantamweight (& Essentially The UFC)   Cyborg gives up on the idea of fighting at bantamweight (& Essentially The UFC) EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 2:01 pm

What's funny to me is that when the idea was first brought up of Cyborg vs Rousey, Rousey was all "any time, any place, any where, any weight" and it was Dana telling everyone that a lot of things would need to happen before that fight could materialize and all that. Then later Rousey was kind of quiet about it, and actually seemed to be taking Dana's lead in saying that Cyborg needs to come down to 135 if she wants to fight. You know damn well Dana pulled her aside and told her to cool it with all that bravado shit! lol I don't think Rousey needs protection from Cyborg, but I think Dana feels like she does!
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

Standard Cash : 10261

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg gives up on the idea of fighting at bantamweight (& Essentially The UFC)   Cyborg gives up on the idea of fighting at bantamweight (& Essentially The UFC) EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 11:49 pm

theres only so many people that rousey could beat at 135 and since she use to fight at 145 i personally think it would make sense for her to test herself. she is a killer just like cyborg is. this is a fight that needs to happen for wmma. this is the fedor vs randy fight for women. the star power in that fight would be huge and thats what the ufc needs these days. ronda is a star and who wants to watch her fight the same people and run through the division 2 or 3 times? the fights havent even been remotely close. people will lose interest quick. maybe it would go the other way and ronda would drop to 125 but then everyone is would be on her back saying she ducked cyborg.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12619

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg gives up on the idea of fighting at bantamweight (& Essentially The UFC)   Cyborg gives up on the idea of fighting at bantamweight (& Essentially The UFC) EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 6:16 am

I agree it would be great to see them fight, but I HATE the whole cyborg mentality.

Ronda is the 135 champ. Cyborg challenges her and says that she is the best fighter in the world. Rousey says ok lets do it. Cyborg then says well you have to come to my weight class. Ronda says no and then Cyborg says Ronda is ducking lol. Wtf you challenged her! She is the champion. You want to fight her then move to her division. If you arent going to then stfu.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg gives up on the idea of fighting at bantamweight (& Essentially The UFC)   Cyborg gives up on the idea of fighting at bantamweight (& Essentially The UFC) EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 11:50 am

FistK wrote:
I agree it would be great to see them fight, but I HATE the whole cyborg mentality.

Ronda is the 135 champ.  Cyborg challenges her and says that she is the best fighter in the world.  Rousey says ok lets do it.  Cyborg then says well you have to come to my weight class.  Ronda says no and then Cyborg says Ronda is ducking lol.  Wtf you challenged her!  She is the champion.  You want to fight her then move to her division.  If you arent going to then stfu.

Exactly!!
It's not that I don't want to see this fight; I do. But Cyborg needs to either shit or get off the pot. If you can drop to 135, then do it. If you can't, then don't. But enough with the talk if you're not making the cut.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg gives up on the idea of fighting at bantamweight (& Essentially The UFC)   Cyborg gives up on the idea of fighting at bantamweight (& Essentially The UFC) Empty

Back to top Go down

Cyborg gives up on the idea of fighting at bantamweight (& Essentially The UFC)
Page 1 of 1