The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Ricardo Lamas: Conor McGregor 'needs to fight a wrestler like me' Vote_lcapRicardo Lamas: Conor McGregor 'needs to fight a wrestler like me' Voting_barRicardo Lamas: Conor McGregor 'needs to fight a wrestler like me' Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Ricardo Lamas: Conor McGregor 'needs to fight a wrestler like me' Vote_lcapRicardo Lamas: Conor McGregor 'needs to fight a wrestler like me' Voting_barRicardo Lamas: Conor McGregor 'needs to fight a wrestler like me' Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Ricardo Lamas: Conor McGregor 'needs to fight a wrestler like me'

Go down 
AuthorMessage
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

Standard Cash : 10253

Ricardo Lamas: Conor McGregor 'needs to fight a wrestler like me' Empty
PostSubject: Ricardo Lamas: Conor McGregor 'needs to fight a wrestler like me'   Ricardo Lamas: Conor McGregor 'needs to fight a wrestler like me' EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 8:28 am

Ricardo Lamas entered his UFC 180 featherweight match-up as the betting underdog to Dennis Bermudez. While those odds appear somewhat strange in retrospect, especially considering it took Lamas a little over three minutes to bring Bermudez's vaunted seven-fight win streak to a screeching halt, Lamas now wants to repeat the favor against the conductor of division's boldest hype train. "I want to get back to the title shot," Lamas said at UFC 180's post-fight press conference. "The biggest guy everybody's talking about in this featherweight division is Conor McGregor, and I'd love a fight with him. I know he's matched up in January, but if he wins that fight, I think he needs to fight a wrestler like me before getting to the title." Lamas' sentiment has been echoed before by several featherweights who believe the slick-talking Irishman has been granted a favorable road to the top. The 145-pound division is one of the most wrestler rich weight classes in the UFC, yet zero of McGregor's past four opponent are considered to be particularly strong wrestlers, nor is his upcoming opponent Dennis Siver. Lamas spoke often throughout fight week in Mexico City about wanting to take a more vocal approach towards directing his own career, likely following McGregor's lead. And in putting his promise to practice on Saturday night, Lamas coaxed McGregor to respond via Twitter just hours after his challenge was issued. wrote:

Ricardo Lamas: Conor McGregor 'needs to fight a wrestler like me' B2ixD3RIYAAVqke

"Dennis Bermudez, man, people loved this guy, everybody was on his bandwagon," White said on FOX Sports 1. "And Lamas comes out tonight and says: ‘Let me remind everybody who the No. 4 ranked guy in the world is.' Wow. He looked unbelievable tonight." wrote:

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/11/16/7228295/ricardo-lamas-conor-mcgregor-needs-to-fight-a-wrestler-like-me-before

does anyone disagree with lamas?
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

Standard Cash : 10253

Ricardo Lamas: Conor McGregor 'needs to fight a wrestler like me' Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ricardo Lamas: Conor McGregor 'needs to fight a wrestler like me'   Ricardo Lamas: Conor McGregor 'needs to fight a wrestler like me' EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 8:31 am

click on the link to read the tweets connor posted in regards to the picture i posted
Back to top Go down

Ricardo Lamas: Conor McGregor 'needs to fight a wrestler like me'
Page 1 of 1