The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Sanchez vs. pearson, your thoughts? (spoilers) Vote_lcapSanchez vs. pearson, your thoughts? (spoilers) Voting_barSanchez vs. pearson, your thoughts? (spoilers) Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Sanchez vs. pearson, your thoughts? (spoilers) Vote_lcapSanchez vs. pearson, your thoughts? (spoilers) Voting_barSanchez vs. pearson, your thoughts? (spoilers) Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Sanchez vs. pearson, your thoughts? (spoilers)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15333

Sanchez vs. pearson, your thoughts? (spoilers) Empty
PostSubject: Sanchez vs. pearson, your thoughts? (spoilers)   Sanchez vs. pearson, your thoughts? (spoilers) EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 8:59 am

I really don't know how in the hell you could have given that fight to Sanchez. Even more so how in the hell could a judge give it to Sanchez 30-27. I actually thought Pearson won every round in there fight and Pearson rocked Sanchez 2-3 times while i never really saw a time where Pearson was in trouble at all. I will just tack this one up to giving the fight to Sanchez being in his home country.

Your thoughts?
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35201

PostSubject: Re: Sanchez vs. pearson, your thoughts? (spoilers)   Sanchez vs. pearson, your thoughts? (spoilers) EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 10:57 am

Agree. Nothing really happened in the first round (so coin flip??).
However, I thought Pearson easily won the 2-3 rounds. He dropped Sanchez twice in the fight, not to mention had his face bruised really bad, two black eyes, and blood gushing out of his brow.

Home field advantage, imo.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5740

PostSubject: Re: Sanchez vs. pearson, your thoughts? (spoilers)   Sanchez vs. pearson, your thoughts? (spoilers) EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 1:31 pm

Meh ... he won a decision... good or bad it all comes out in the wash.

Other than the best pre-bell scowl I don't think "The Daydream" is much of a factor in any division anymore... his take downs suck and are too predictable, a moderate TDD will stop him, his striking is predictable and easy to counter and he can't take a real hit anymore.

Win or loose this fight was just a Fight Night fight with minimal implications other than the fact that Diago's stock drops yet again for another "MEH" fight that didn't give much to the fans.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59453

PostSubject: Re: Sanchez vs. pearson, your thoughts? (spoilers)   Sanchez vs. pearson, your thoughts? (spoilers) EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 1:40 pm

I honestly wasn't really even watching when this fight was happening (I don't know what the hell I was doing....drinking. lol). But it's too bad the decision was so shitty because it seemed like this was actually a really good fight! Every time I looked up someone was getting rocked or throwing a good flurry or something and I remember the crowd going apeshit. It's just too bad there's this big stain on the fight now.

But yeah, I'm seeing this called "one of the worst decisions in history" practically everywhere I look, so I have no doubt that is was really, really bad.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

PostSubject: Re: Sanchez vs. pearson, your thoughts? (spoilers)   Sanchez vs. pearson, your thoughts? (spoilers) EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 3:48 pm

Not a puke-on-my-dick terrible decision.
But still a bad one, imo.
Sucks for pearson as he probably lost a win bonus. However, in the grand scheme of things, this fight has no impact on the division or any rankings.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

Standard Cash : 10314

PostSubject: Re: Sanchez vs. pearson, your thoughts? (spoilers)   Sanchez vs. pearson, your thoughts? (spoilers) EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 6:59 pm

It was a bad decision, but not "the worst decision in UFC history" like they're pegging it. And now I read that Ross is appealing the decision. But ya know...I'm so effing sick of these guys not going for the finish that I feel Ross deserves this. Do I think he won? Yeah, I'd say he had at least 2 out of 3 rounds...but was I impressed? Not in the least. I still watch TUF...and after soooo freaking many boring decisions I turn on the "real" stuff to see some aggression and I'm treated to Diego trying to spaz on Ross with zero technical skills and Ross not trying at all to close the fight.

Meh is the best rating I give it.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15333

PostSubject: Re: Sanchez vs. pearson, your thoughts? (spoilers)   Sanchez vs. pearson, your thoughts? (spoilers) EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 10:03 am

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mma-cagewriter/dana-white-gives-ross-pearson-win-bonus-despite-controversial-loss-143254079.html

Well even Dana said there is no way Sanchez won that fight and is giving Ross Pearson the win bonus he should have received to begin with. I'm happy that Ross is getting that but i will be happier if they change the fight to a NC or draw. cause it is bull for Pearson to take a loss for that fight.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59453

PostSubject: Re: Sanchez vs. pearson, your thoughts? (spoilers)   Sanchez vs. pearson, your thoughts? (spoilers) EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 2:14 pm

That's not gonna happen. Not unless one of the judges admits he mistakenly awarded the fight to the wrong guy or admits he was paid off or something.

Regardless, it's not gonna hurt Pearson. He's gonna be given the same kind of fight for his next outing as he would've if he was coming off a W. Nobody really thinks he lost that, including Dana, the matchmakers, or his next opponent.
This might be a slight gift for Sanchez, as he will get to stick around a little longer becuase he's not currently technically on a losing streak, but it's not gonna be a detriment to Pearson at all.
He got his money, and everyone knows he won, so he's been done right as far as I'm concerned.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

PostSubject: Re: Sanchez vs. pearson, your thoughts? (spoilers)   Sanchez vs. pearson, your thoughts? (spoilers) EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 5:19 pm

Yep... with the win bonus, that loss doesn't hurt him at all.
Good for Dana.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sanchez vs. pearson, your thoughts? (spoilers)   Sanchez vs. pearson, your thoughts? (spoilers) Empty

Back to top Go down

Sanchez vs. pearson, your thoughts? (spoilers)
Page 1 of 1