The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
barao vs. dillashaw Vote_lcapbarao vs. dillashaw Voting_barbarao vs. dillashaw Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
barao vs. dillashaw Vote_lcapbarao vs. dillashaw Voting_barbarao vs. dillashaw Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

barao vs. dillashaw

Go down 
+2
stock
the commie
6 posters
AuthorMessage
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
the commie

Standard Cash : 7968

barao vs. dillashaw Empty
PostSubject: barao vs. dillashaw   barao vs. dillashaw EmptySun May 25, 2014 12:23 am

i love being surprised like this (not like that one time in thailand)

Rogan is right, this was one of the best performances ever. i have never seen anyone change angles like that, or figure out the distance so quickly and just play on the edge of it. he kept avoiding barao's best shots like they were kids shots and couple of times, avoided a shot and ended up at the back of barao, who was visibly surprised.
honestly, i after the first round, just kept taking mental notes on the moves and angles, to try them in practice.

cormier vs. hendo: i like both guys and they seemed to be on good terms too. loved the chicken prank from hendo.
cormier, obviously dominated and that was expected. he outweighed hendo by, probably, 20-30 pounds. but still, very impressive. cant wait for cormier vs. jones.

and on the side note. fuck the drunken, ignorant, idiots in the stands. every time cormier took hendo down, they boo'd like crazy.

and of course, im happy lawler won in such fashion. his confidence is half the reason he wins. hopefully, next time he can survive the fith round with hendricks and be the more deserving champ.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35201

PostSubject: Re: barao vs. dillashaw   barao vs. dillashaw EmptySun May 25, 2014 8:53 pm

Dillashaw looked like the best fighter on the planet in that fight.
I was pleasantly surprised and really happy he got the finish.

Guessing we will never see him fight Faber?
Not that I am an advocate of Faber getting another title shot, but fuck. Every fucking person who is anyone in that division has lost to Faber, Dillashaw, or Barao.

I really like that holdsworth kid too. I'd like to see him go against someone who can prevent a takedown. Camus was pretty much just giving him most those takedowns. His BJJ is really tight and fluid.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22859

PostSubject: Re: barao vs. dillashaw   barao vs. dillashaw EmptyMon May 26, 2014 9:36 am

I agree, TJ looked insanely good... far better than he has ever looked. Far better than anyone has ever looked! The Alpha Male coaching situation is troubling though. After the fight Duane was insanely emotional, crying and all that, while Faber just looked to be pacing around kinda half hearted looking. Then, during the interview you could see, in the background, tension between Faber and Bang, then I saw this picture.

barao vs. dillashaw Faber_11

Everyone looks pretty damn pleased with the situation... aside from Urijah.
So, I wonder how that is going to play out.
Will TJ follow Bang to Colorado and leave Alpha Male... in turn setting up a "grudge match" between Faber and TJ?
Or does TJ stick with Alpha Male and lose all of his mojo when Duane leaves.
Or another possibility, Ludwig sticks around with Alpha Male...
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: barao vs. dillashaw   barao vs. dillashaw EmptyMon May 26, 2014 9:43 am

Huh... looks like he's just gonna cross train... "Dillashaw to remain at Team Alpha Male but will ‘cross train’ with Duane Ludwig during his fight camps"
Back to top Go down
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

Standard Cash : 16398

PostSubject: Re: barao vs. dillashaw   barao vs. dillashaw EmptyMon May 26, 2014 11:34 am

I didn't see the whole fight, only highlights....tj looked really good....really really good....but what it reminded me of was Edgar vs Penn...we all thought Edgar was going to be unstoppable....I'm going to have to wait for a couple more fights to play out before I'm 100% sold on the tj train....one thing I agree with that I've been reading is that tj is nowhere near the top of his potential....

By no means am I taking away from his W, not really even doubting that he'll keep it going...just don't want to get presumptuous just yet.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59453

PostSubject: Re: barao vs. dillashaw   barao vs. dillashaw EmptyMon May 26, 2014 3:00 pm

OK, I guess I'm gonna go ahead and be the bad guy here.

I'm betting Barao beats Dillashaw 8 out of 10 times. I think that while TJ did look to be a step ahead throughout the fight, I think a lot of that was due to the humongous shot he landed on Barao in the first round. If Barao doesn't get 90% KO'd in the first, Dillashaw probably doesnt look so quick and nimble by comparison.
Honestly, when he caught him with that, I thought the fight would be over within minutes. Not to shit on the guy- because he did land the shot in the first place- but I thought he should've ended this fight much sooner than he did.

I'd take Barao in a rematch any day if the week.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12619

PostSubject: Re: barao vs. dillashaw   barao vs. dillashaw EmptyTue May 27, 2014 10:40 am

the commie wrote:
i love being surprised like this (not like that one time in thailand)

Rogan is right, this was one of the best performances ever. i have never seen anyone change angles like that, or figure out the distance so quickly and just play on the edge of it. he kept avoiding barao's best shots like they were kids shots and couple of times, avoided a shot and ended up at the back of barao, who was visibly surprised.
honestly, i after the first round, just kept taking mental notes on the moves and angles, to try them in practice.

cormier vs. hendo: i like both guys and they seemed to be on good terms too. loved the chicken prank from hendo.
cormier, obviously dominated and that was expected. he outweighed hendo by, probably, 20-30 pounds. but still, very impressive. cant wait for cormier vs. jones.

and on the side note. fuck the drunken, ignorant, idiots in the stands. every time cormier took hendo down, they boo'd like crazy.

and of course, im happy lawler won in such fashion. his confidence is half the reason he wins. hopefully, next time he can survive the fith round with hendricks and be the more deserving champ.

Yeah, that was completely insane. It was like Roy Jones Jr had a love child with Neo from the Matrix and he fought Barao. I could not have been more impressed. Good for him he worked his ass off.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

PostSubject: Re: barao vs. dillashaw   barao vs. dillashaw EmptyTue May 27, 2014 10:45 am

Chrom wrote:
I agree, TJ looked insanely good... far better than he has ever looked. Far better than anyone has ever looked! The Alpha Male coaching situation is troubling though. After the fight Duane was insanely emotional, crying and all that, while Faber just looked to be pacing around kinda half hearted looking. Then, during the interview you could see, in the background, tension between Faber and Bang, then I saw this picture.

barao vs. dillashaw Faber_11

Everyone looks pretty damn pleased with the situation... aside from Urijah.
So, I wonder how that is going to play out.
Will TJ follow Bang to Colorado and leave Alpha Male... in turn setting up a "grudge match" between Faber and TJ?
Or does TJ stick with Alpha Male and lose all of his mojo when Duane leaves.
Or another possibility, Ludwig sticks around with Alpha Male...

I don't know during the fight when TJ was putting a whooping on Barao Faber looked pretty damn excited. Almost to the point where he couldnt contain himself he was jumping up and down, etc. TJ said before the fight started that he would stay at Alpha Male and go to Colorado to train with Duane also and Faber had nothing but nice things to say about Duane beforehand.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

PostSubject: Re: barao vs. dillashaw   barao vs. dillashaw EmptyTue May 27, 2014 10:49 am

Triggerman99 wrote:
OK, I guess I'm gonna go ahead and be the bad guy here.

I'm betting Barao beats Dillashaw 8 out of 10 times. I think that while TJ did look to be a step ahead throughout the fight, I think a lot of that was due to the humongous shot he landed on Barao in the first round. If Barao doesn't get 90% KO'd in the first, Dillashaw probably doesnt look so quick and nimble by comparison.
Honestly, when he caught him with that, I thought the fight would be over within minutes. Not to shit on the guy- because he did land the shot in the first place- but I thought he should've ended this fight much sooner than he did.

I'd take Barao in a rematch any day if the week.

This time I totally disagree with you man. There is no doubt in my mind that it was TJ's night. Could Barao adjust and be able to take him next time? Sure. But, he would definitely need to adjust and not just come back in with the same gameplan, because he was totally confused. I agree that the punch in the first round took something out of him, but TJ was schooling him the exact same way before the punch as after. I remember sitting there in the first 3 minutes of the fight thinking "wtf am i looking at right now"
It was TJ's night. He was confident and not only that but he was smooth.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: barao vs. dillashaw   barao vs. dillashaw EmptyTue May 27, 2014 11:04 am

^^^
I can't wait for the rematch, just so we can see how wrong you all are!!

lol! 
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: barao vs. dillashaw   barao vs. dillashaw EmptyTue May 27, 2014 11:54 am

Fuck an instant re-match! Let The Baron fight at least one time against a top 10er to prove his worth. There was nothing flukey about this fight and not even close to a controversial win. He had his ass handed to him in every way possible. Renan should have to work his way back up the ladder... at least a little bit.

Also, pertaining to the Alpha Male/ Bang situation... Duane said he would coach and corner  TJ against Urijah. Although TJ said that fight is out of the question, the UFC is apparently still going to approach Faber to hear his thoughts on the potential fight.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: barao vs. dillashaw   barao vs. dillashaw EmptyTue May 27, 2014 12:04 pm

I didn't say anything about an immediate rematch. I just said I can't wait for the rematch.

This isn't Anderson Silva we're talking about, where he ruled the kingdom for years and then lost in a flukey way.

I'm not against Barao taking another fight.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

PostSubject: Re: barao vs. dillashaw   barao vs. dillashaw EmptyTue May 27, 2014 12:07 pm

Triggerman99 wrote:
^^^
I can't wait for the rematch, just so we can see how wrong you all are!!

lol! 

Lol...I only said it was Dillishaw's night. Not saying he will reign forever lol
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: barao vs. dillashaw   barao vs. dillashaw EmptyTue May 27, 2014 1:33 pm

Triggerman99 wrote:
I didn't say anything about an immediate rematch. I just said I can't wait for the rematch.

This isn't Anderson Silva we're talking about, where he ruled the kingdom for years and then lost in a flukey way.

You may not have, but his team/coach is saying they deserve one and it should be in Brazil...
Because Renan was "forced" to fight "too soon"...
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

PostSubject: Re: barao vs. dillashaw   barao vs. dillashaw EmptyTue May 27, 2014 2:19 pm

lol
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: barao vs. dillashaw   barao vs. dillashaw EmptyTue May 27, 2014 4:05 pm

Chrom wrote:

Triggerman99 wrote:

You may not have, but his team/coach is saying they deserve one and it should be in Brazil...
Because Renan was "forced" to fight "too soon"...
Oh, yeah I don't agree with that. You agree to fight, then you agree to fight. End of story.

I still think his performance had a lot more to do with the bomb he absorbed in the first than it did anything else. His coaches were saying that Barao was getting dizzy after every remotely solid punch that landed throughout the rest of the fight. Kind of hard to have good movement and offense when you're getting spinny every 10-20 seconds.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: barao vs. dillashaw   barao vs. dillashaw Empty

Back to top Go down

barao vs. dillashaw
Page 1 of 1