The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Holy Frickin Eye Pokes Batman!!! Vote_lcapHoly Frickin Eye Pokes Batman!!! Voting_barHoly Frickin Eye Pokes Batman!!! Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Holy Frickin Eye Pokes Batman!!! Vote_lcapHoly Frickin Eye Pokes Batman!!! Voting_barHoly Frickin Eye Pokes Batman!!! Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Holy Frickin Eye Pokes Batman!!!

Go down 
+3
Triggerman99
norcalmatt
Chrom
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22859

Holy Frickin Eye Pokes Batman!!! Empty
PostSubject: Holy Frickin Eye Pokes Batman!!!   Holy Frickin Eye Pokes Batman!!! EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 9:06 am

Holy Frickin Eye Pokes Batman!!! 4h0ZaMc
Holy Frickin Eye Pokes Batman!!! Fingers2
Holy Frickin Eye Pokes Batman!!! Picture_15_medium
Holy Frickin Eye Pokes Batman!!! Fingers4
Holy Frickin Eye Pokes Batman!!! Fingers3
Holy Frickin Eye Pokes Batman!!! JonesFingrar
Holy Frickin Eye Pokes Batman!!! XvMBN89
Holy Frickin Eye Pokes Batman!!! Fingers
Holy Frickin Eye Pokes Batman!!! Jon-jones-vs-vitor-belfort-ufc-152_4094323
Back to top Go down
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

Standard Cash : 16398

PostSubject: Re: Holy Frickin Eye Pokes Batman!!!   Holy Frickin Eye Pokes Batman!!! EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 10:50 am

Bones vs bisping....eye pokes only no punchess or kicks
Back to top Go down
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

Standard Cash : 16398

PostSubject: Re: Holy Frickin Eye Pokes Batman!!!   Holy Frickin Eye Pokes Batman!!! EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 10:56 am

Totally off topic but is it me or does Greg Jackson just bug the shit out of anybody else.....I didn't even watch the interview but there was one posted on another site with a picture of him laying on his side with a gay ass grin on his face....I'd love to see him in the cage getting whooped on
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59453

PostSubject: Re: Holy Frickin Eye Pokes Batman!!!   Holy Frickin Eye Pokes Batman!!! EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 2:04 pm

I saw an article somewhere yesterday where the author did this big write up, defending Jones and his eye pokes. He tried saying some shit like it's just part of his muay thai style, and the traditional muay thai stance- which emphasizes elbows and a posture of fighting with your hands further out in front of you to decrease limitations with you elbows- could cause him to be accidentally poking people in the eyes (due to MMA gloves instead of thai gloves). Well maybe I could forgive that, if Jones was the first and only MMA fighter to employ muay thai techniques in an MMA match.
But he's not. Everybody else adapted, so why can't he?

Also, it's not like his hands are open to begin with and he's just instinctively trying to push off from the other fighter. You can clearly see that he has a closed fist, starts to throw an offensive strike, then opens his hands and extends his fingers AS HE'S THROWING the strike.
What the shit is that?! That certainly seems to imply that there's some intent there.
Back to top Go down
Snake Five
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter

Standard Cash : 3792

PostSubject: Re: Holy Frickin Eye Pokes Batman!!!   Holy Frickin Eye Pokes Batman!!! EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 5:35 pm

I read the same article ,but think the author was just trying to give a logical reason for why Jones does that besides just being a dirty fighter. That being said Jones does it a lot, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt (I think it's pretty obvious I'm a fan of his), but he has his hands blatantly open a lot (there was a gif showing how he used it to basically trap Rampage against the fence, exploiting the gray area pro wrestling style because if Rampage moved in any direction he would technically be moving into the fingers himself instead of Jones striking him with an eyepoke). The thing is though another striking analyst on the same side has explained how GSP would extend the arm the same way and for the same reason (assuming Jones is blatantly cheating) which is top post, except GSP did it with a closed fist and thus there weren't many eye poke incidents.

The thing is it should be an easily curable thing (just close your fucking hand) I also think the referees should consistently warn fighters to close their fist and if they persist take away a point. I think fouls in general should be done this way after the first incident give a warning and take a point away if another one happens. How many times do we see a guy grab a cage like 3-4 times and not shits gets done about it.

Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Holy Frickin Eye Pokes Batman!!!   Holy Frickin Eye Pokes Batman!!! EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 8:14 pm

Yeah there definitely is an effective technique there, but when you open your hand and extend your fingers on a consistent basis when using it, it becomes a problem. Also, like I said before, when you start with a closed fist and then open it up and extend the fingers as your hand is approaching the opponent's face (as opposed to already having the hand open all along), it's not a good look.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Holy Frickin Eye Pokes Batman!!!   Holy Frickin Eye Pokes Batman!!! EmptyWed Apr 30, 2014 8:26 am

Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12619

PostSubject: Re: Holy Frickin Eye Pokes Batman!!!   Holy Frickin Eye Pokes Batman!!! EmptyWed Apr 30, 2014 12:30 pm

Yeah it was somewhat infuriating.

I am not sure who was annoying me more; Jones or Mirgliotta. Dan would look right at Jones and say watch the fingers, jones would literally turn, look at him, turn back to texeira and put his open hand right back on his face again. I was like wtf is the ref going to do something???
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Holy Frickin Eye Pokes Batman!!!   Holy Frickin Eye Pokes Batman!!! EmptyWed Apr 30, 2014 1:37 pm

Maybe instead of "Watch the fingers", Jones thought he was saying "Lots of fingers", and Jones was like "OK, you got it!"?
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15333

PostSubject: Re: Holy Frickin Eye Pokes Batman!!!   Holy Frickin Eye Pokes Batman!!! EmptyThu May 01, 2014 10:17 am

ah jon jones keeping it classless since 2013
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Holy Frickin Eye Pokes Batman!!!   Holy Frickin Eye Pokes Batman!!! EmptyWed May 07, 2014 2:02 pm

Dana is now sticking up for Jon pertaining to the eye pokes... FFS

"It's not just taller fighters," he said. "Jones has that range and he can do it, but lots of guys do it because that's how you block punches. So you keep your hands open and you slap punches down. Then guys are rushing in and you're doing whatever, and guys get poked in the eyes.

[Jones] poked him in the eye twice, and then the referee warned him about it, and he never did it again," White said. "They're making it sound like he was targeting his eyes and sticking his fingers in his eyes the entire fight and nobody did anything about it. He did it twice, he was warned, and he never did it again in a five-round fight."
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/5/5/5684046/ufc-172-dana-white-backs-jones-eye-poke-controversy-warnings-mma-news

I also love that somehow every single one of Jon's videos mocking the "haters" about eyepokes has been removed "Due to spam, scams or commercially deceptive content" ........ WTF
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35201

PostSubject: Re: Holy Frickin Eye Pokes Batman!!!   Holy Frickin Eye Pokes Batman!!! EmptyWed May 07, 2014 2:39 pm

Keep the mainstream drinking the koolaide.

The UFC is trying to turn into the NBA where all the marketing is around the top 5-6 athletes in the sport to make everyone think they are the best ever at everything.
I hate the UFC more and more as time passes.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Holy Frickin Eye Pokes Batman!!!   Holy Frickin Eye Pokes Batman!!! EmptyWed May 07, 2014 3:48 pm

Dana better hope some new poster boys emerge, because if he's gotta go all in on Jones, he's gonna keep getting burned like this. Jones is just too socially stupid and arrogant to say and do the right things on any kind of regular basis.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Holy Frickin Eye Pokes Batman!!!   Holy Frickin Eye Pokes Batman!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Holy Frickin Eye Pokes Batman!!!
Page 1 of 1