The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Bigfoot Silva Fails Post-Fight Drug Test Despite TRT Approval Vote_lcapBigfoot Silva Fails Post-Fight Drug Test Despite TRT Approval Voting_barBigfoot Silva Fails Post-Fight Drug Test Despite TRT Approval Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Bigfoot Silva Fails Post-Fight Drug Test Despite TRT Approval Vote_lcapBigfoot Silva Fails Post-Fight Drug Test Despite TRT Approval Voting_barBigfoot Silva Fails Post-Fight Drug Test Despite TRT Approval Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Bigfoot Silva Fails Post-Fight Drug Test Despite TRT Approval

Go down 
+5
FistK
stock
Berserk
Triggerman99
Chrom
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22859

Bigfoot Silva Fails Post-Fight Drug Test Despite TRT Approval Empty
PostSubject: Bigfoot Silva Fails Post-Fight Drug Test Despite TRT Approval   Bigfoot Silva Fails Post-Fight Drug Test Despite TRT Approval EmptyTue Dec 17, 2013 9:29 pm

Quote :
MMAJunkie.com first reported Silva’s failed drug exam.

“Silva is on a medically approved regimen of testosterone replacement therapy (TRT), and had been in compliance with therapeutic guidelines on all pre-fight tests performed prior to the event,” the UFC expressed in a statement released to the website. “The results of his test on the day of the event indicated a level of testosterone outside of allowable limit.

“Silva has been informed that the elevated testosterone level is a violation of the UFC Fighter Conduct Policy and his Promotional Agreement with Zuffa.”

UFC Vice president of regulatory affairs Marc Ratner oversaw the event, which took place inside Brisbane Entertainment Centre in Australia.

According to the report, Silva has been issued a nine-month suspension. Additionally, the veteran was stripped of his $50,000 “Fight of the Night” bonus check, which will now be deposited directly in Hunt’s bank account.

Of course, this isn’t the first time Silva has tested positive. The nearly-nine-year veteran was suspended by the California State Athletic Commission after beating Justin Eilers to capture the EliteXC heavyweight title back in July 2008 after the anabolic steroid Boldenone was discovered in his system.

Clearly, Silva’s latest failed screening tarnishes arguably the best heavyweight fight in MMA history. He and Hunt battled for 25 unforgettable back-and-forth minutes to a majority draw at UFC Fight Night 33.

Despite their draw, UFC president Dana White was so thrilled with their instant classic that he awarded both athletes with their win bonuses. Obviously, Silva shouldn’t expect to see that check in his mailbox, either.
http://www.5thround.com/161107/antonio-bigfoot-silva-fails-post-fight-drug-test-despite-trt-approval/
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59453

PostSubject: Re: Bigfoot Silva Fails Post-Fight Drug Test Despite TRT Approval   Bigfoot Silva Fails Post-Fight Drug Test Despite TRT Approval EmptyTue Dec 17, 2013 9:50 pm

Frankly, I would have been shocked if he didn't have elevated levels. How the hell else could he take a beating like that and keep coming forward?
Back to top Go down
Berserk
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter
Berserk

Standard Cash : 28629

PostSubject: Re: Bigfoot Silva Fails Post-Fight Drug Test Despite TRT Approval   Bigfoot Silva Fails Post-Fight Drug Test Despite TRT Approval EmptyTue Dec 17, 2013 10:39 pm

Triggerman99 wrote:
Frankly, I would have been shocked if he didn't have elevated levels. How the hell else could he take a beating like that and keep coming forward?

That's what I was thinking too!
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35201

PostSubject: Re: Bigfoot Silva Fails Post-Fight Drug Test Despite TRT Approval   Bigfoot Silva Fails Post-Fight Drug Test Despite TRT Approval EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 8:54 am

Makes me feel even less sorry for his back problems.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12619

PostSubject: Re: Bigfoot Silva Fails Post-Fight Drug Test Despite TRT Approval   Bigfoot Silva Fails Post-Fight Drug Test Despite TRT Approval EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 9:00 am

Fuck him. He probably took years off of Hunt's fucking life from that fight, because he was drug enhanced...
Back to top Go down
DEP
Internet Troll Champion!
Internet Troll Champion!
DEP

Standard Cash : 9492

PostSubject: Re: Bigfoot Silva Fails Post-Fight Drug Test Despite TRT Approval   Bigfoot Silva Fails Post-Fight Drug Test Despite TRT Approval EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 9:10 am

Another testament to the durability and warrior spirit of Mark Hunt, IMO. On a side note; I'm glad I never ran into any Samoans or Tongans or Maori people back in the day when I thought it was cool to run around fighting everybody. As for Silva, make an example of him.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Bigfoot Silva Fails Post-Fight Drug Test Despite TRT Approval   Bigfoot Silva Fails Post-Fight Drug Test Despite TRT Approval EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 9:41 am

FUCK HIM! I have never liked the turd and right when I was coming around he gets popped for roid abuse... AGAIN! 9months is too short IMO get rid of that dirty cheating SOB for good! Let him go taint the Belletor cage.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Bigfoot Silva Fails Post-Fight Drug Test Despite TRT Approval   Bigfoot Silva Fails Post-Fight Drug Test Despite TRT Approval EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 9:58 am

Bigfoot via Facebook wrote:

“Clarification: Months before my fight I looked for the UFC doctor Marcio Tannure in Brazil so I could start the hormonal replacement “TRT” which was authorized and recognized by a professional. I started the treatment and 2 weeks before my fight I did all the exams required by the UFC. My testosterone level continued to be low so I was recommended by the doctor to increase the dosage. Unfortunately my level increased too much and caused me to [get suspended]. I only did what was recommended by someone trained who understands about the subject therefore it was not my mistake. I’m cool because I know that the mistake was not made by me, I never tried doing anything wrong for my fight.”
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

Standard Cash : 10314

PostSubject: Re: Bigfoot Silva Fails Post-Fight Drug Test Despite TRT Approval   Bigfoot Silva Fails Post-Fight Drug Test Despite TRT Approval EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 10:29 am

Such bullshit. They need to make an example of these guys. You're caught with elevated levels you're booted never to fight in the UFC again. I really don't like sports. with one exception...MMA...and this is the kind of stuff that makes me dislike sports.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

PostSubject: Re: Bigfoot Silva Fails Post-Fight Drug Test Despite TRT Approval   Bigfoot Silva Fails Post-Fight Drug Test Despite TRT Approval EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 10:30 am

So then the UFC needs to fire this doctor or suspend Silva.
Someone was wrong in this case.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Bigfoot Silva Fails Post-Fight Drug Test Despite TRT Approval   Bigfoot Silva Fails Post-Fight Drug Test Despite TRT Approval EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 10:34 am

Yeah, if it was in fact his doctor and he is the UFC doc... I'm not sure how this whole ordeal will workout...
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12619

PostSubject: Re: Bigfoot Silva Fails Post-Fight Drug Test Despite TRT Approval   Bigfoot Silva Fails Post-Fight Drug Test Despite TRT Approval EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 10:37 am

He is so full of fucking shit.

A UFC doctor recommended that he increase his testosterone intake 2 weeks before his fight and 2 weeks before he would be tested.

Bullshit.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

PostSubject: Re: Bigfoot Silva Fails Post-Fight Drug Test Despite TRT Approval   Bigfoot Silva Fails Post-Fight Drug Test Despite TRT Approval EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 10:39 am

All I am saying is that if a Doctor under contract by the UFC was the one recommending the treatment, then he should be held liable.

Antonio sure seems like a dirty fucker right now, but I like to know all the information.  To me, a doctor should be held to much higher standards than a fighter.  If you can't trust a doctor (especially one contracted by the organization you work for), then you are pretty screwed no matter what you do.

Silva is pretty much calling out the doctor on facebook for the world to read. If this is a bullshit statement, then I wouldn't mind if Dana cut him.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Bigfoot Silva Fails Post-Fight Drug Test Despite TRT Approval   Bigfoot Silva Fails Post-Fight Drug Test Despite TRT Approval EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 11:03 am

Bigfoot's photo "Proof" of doctors recommendations
Bigfoot Silva Fails Post-Fight Drug Test Despite TRT Approval Bigfoo10
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5740

PostSubject: Re: Bigfoot Silva Fails Post-Fight Drug Test Despite TRT Approval   Bigfoot Silva Fails Post-Fight Drug Test Despite TRT Approval EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 12:42 pm

TRT opens the door for cheating always has always will. UFC needs to ban TRT for active fighters if your gonads can't produce the juice then its time to hang em up. (not your gonads... your gloves)
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15333

PostSubject: Re: Bigfoot Silva Fails Post-Fight Drug Test Despite TRT Approval   Bigfoot Silva Fails Post-Fight Drug Test Despite TRT Approval EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 1:24 pm

Well it looks like the fight is now a NC. Kind of wish as part of the punishment the fight goes to Hunt. I mean they get to reclaim almost all of the purse money as if you won the fight might as well go the extra step and give the fight to them too. if anything it will make a lot of these fighters more paranoid about using it cause if you get caught you will lose the fight any way. All I know is some harsher punishments need to be made with TRT.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

PostSubject: Re: Bigfoot Silva Fails Post-Fight Drug Test Despite TRT Approval   Bigfoot Silva Fails Post-Fight Drug Test Despite TRT Approval EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 1:30 pm

My thoughts exactly.... shouldn't Silva just be DQ'd for peds and a win go to Hunt??

As you all know, I don't give a shit about steroids, HGH, TRT, etc...

However, if you are going to take a stand against them, THEN TAKE A FUCKING STAND.
Here's an idea.
If we test you and you have more than (say) 5X the normal testosterone levels then you are cut immediately for life. We don't care why your testosterone levels were that high as this sport is only for those with reasonable test. levels. If you think it was your doctor's fault then you need to take this up with him.
I am talking to you too baseball. Lifetime ban on first offense or STFU already.

I hate this walking the line bullshit allowing too many doors to be open over gray areas. Draw a line in the sand and be done with it.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59453

PostSubject: Re: Bigfoot Silva Fails Post-Fight Drug Test Despite TRT Approval   Bigfoot Silva Fails Post-Fight Drug Test Despite TRT Approval EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 2:05 pm

Absolutely. Don't tell us your taking a stand against PEDs and TRT, show us that you are.
Dana goes on a tirade a little while back about how he's going to test fighters for elevated levels throughout training camp and practically has steam coming out of his goddamn ears when he talks about how much he disagrees with TRT, but then turns around a few months later and actually defends Vito Belfort's use of TRT. Wha.....the fuck?!  Shocked 

I'm guessing this is going to go somewhat the same way; a lot of lip service, but not much in the way of action.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bigfoot Silva Fails Post-Fight Drug Test Despite TRT Approval   Bigfoot Silva Fails Post-Fight Drug Test Despite TRT Approval Empty

Back to top Go down

Bigfoot Silva Fails Post-Fight Drug Test Despite TRT Approval
Page 1 of 1