The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Anderson Silva Heading to Thailand to Sharpen Striking Skills Vote_lcapAnderson Silva Heading to Thailand to Sharpen Striking Skills Voting_barAnderson Silva Heading to Thailand to Sharpen Striking Skills Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Anderson Silva Heading to Thailand to Sharpen Striking Skills Vote_lcapAnderson Silva Heading to Thailand to Sharpen Striking Skills Voting_barAnderson Silva Heading to Thailand to Sharpen Striking Skills Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Anderson Silva Heading to Thailand to Sharpen Striking Skills

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22855

Anderson Silva Heading to Thailand to Sharpen Striking Skills Empty
PostSubject: Anderson Silva Heading to Thailand to Sharpen Striking Skills   Anderson Silva Heading to Thailand to Sharpen Striking Skills EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 1:12 pm

Anderson Silva Heading to Thailand to Sharpen Striking Skills 33_and10
Quote :
By JAKE CHASTAIN

| Following his loss to “The All American” Chris Weidman, Anderson Silva knows that he made some mistakes in that fight and he is not going to let the same thing happen again come December 28th when the two rematch for the UFC middleweight title.

Silva, for the first time in his UFC career, will be coming off of a defeat. We’ve never seen “The Spider” come into a fight inside the octagon following a lose and it seems that Anderson is taking the rematch very seriously as we have gained word that the former champion is packing his bags and heading to Thailand to work on his Muay-Thai and striking skills to better prepare for Weidman.

Silva has always been a master of Muay-Thai inside the cage and it looks like he is going back to his roots in an effort to get back what he lost to Weidman on July 6th; The UFC Middleweight Title. In a report by Brazilian sports outlet Esportes Silva explained that he is not blaming his corner or camp for the loss to Weidman at UFC 162 but is rather taking the blame himself and is now looking to correct those mistakes by heading to Thailand to train with some of the best strikers in the world. Here is what Silva had to say in the report:

“I did not have to put the blame on my team. Who made the mistake was me. I’ve made a technical error, I cannot put the blame on my team. Now is reviewing what I did wrong technically, that is something we are already doing, and think forward. We have a nice workout calendar, soon going to Thailand to spend time there and then back to finish our training in Rio.”

“I will train and be focused to do my job well done.”

Silva will have a chance to regain the strap that he held for so long on December 28th in Las Vegas at UFC 168
- See more at: http://www.bjpenn.com/the-spider-heads-to-thailand-to-sharpen-skills/#sthash.vv7tO3hX.dpuf
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59449

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva Heading to Thailand to Sharpen Striking Skills   Anderson Silva Heading to Thailand to Sharpen Striking Skills EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 1:55 pm

This loss might be the best thing that ever happened to him.
Back to top Go down
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
the commie

Standard Cash : 7964

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva Heading to Thailand to Sharpen Striking Skills   Anderson Silva Heading to Thailand to Sharpen Striking Skills EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 2:26 pm

how much better can he get at stand up? if its possible, id love to see it, it would be real matrix shit.
but he needs to work on his TDD and on being active off his back.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59449

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva Heading to Thailand to Sharpen Striking Skills   Anderson Silva Heading to Thailand to Sharpen Striking Skills EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 2:33 pm

Yeah I don't think he's really going to get better, other than maybe just sharpen up a few things. I just like that he's taking the initiative to do it, like he finally realizes that he can't just come in and cruise through fights without breaking a sweat. It shows he's taking this fight a lot more a serious than the last one.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12615

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva Heading to Thailand to Sharpen Striking Skills   Anderson Silva Heading to Thailand to Sharpen Striking Skills EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 9:44 am

Triggerman99 wrote:
Yeah I don't think he's really going to get better, other than maybe just sharpen up a few things.

Yeah, I agree. Or if anything just refocus himself as well.

After this if I were him come October or so I would do nothing but TDD.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva Heading to Thailand to Sharpen Striking Skills   Anderson Silva Heading to Thailand to Sharpen Striking Skills Empty

Back to top Go down

Anderson Silva Heading to Thailand to Sharpen Striking Skills
Page 1 of 1