The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
UFC Finally Taking Firm Stance Against Testosterone (TRT) Vote_lcapUFC Finally Taking Firm Stance Against Testosterone (TRT) Voting_barUFC Finally Taking Firm Stance Against Testosterone (TRT) Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
UFC Finally Taking Firm Stance Against Testosterone (TRT) Vote_lcapUFC Finally Taking Firm Stance Against Testosterone (TRT) Voting_barUFC Finally Taking Firm Stance Against Testosterone (TRT) Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

UFC Finally Taking Firm Stance Against Testosterone (TRT)

Go down 
+2
norcalmatt
Chrom
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22859

UFC Finally Taking Firm Stance Against Testosterone (TRT) Empty
PostSubject: UFC Finally Taking Firm Stance Against Testosterone (TRT)   UFC Finally Taking Firm Stance Against Testosterone (TRT) EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 11:46 am

UFC Finally Taking Firm Stance Against Testosterone (TRT) Danaillegal
Quote :
The cheater’s handbook for testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) suggests athletes are manipulating the regimen while preparing for a fight. They will jack up their testosterone levels beyond normal ranges in order to push their bodies to its outermost limit. As showtime steadily approaches, they will then taper off the treatment to get their testosterone back to a natural level – therefore, no flunked drug tests.

Because MMA organizations and athletic commissions (except Nevada) don’t conduct random, out-of-competition exams, there’s no way to police TRT use – or any performance-enhancing substances, for that matter.

However, UFC President Dana White (Pictured) is finally fed up with the “cheating” and he’s going to do something about it.

“If you asked me three months ago, it’s legal. It’s sports science, but everybody figures out a way to take a great thing and cheat and make it bad,” White said during Saturday’s press conference in England. “What guys are doing, I believe guys are doing, is jacking up this stuff through the roof through their entire training camp then getting back down to normal levels right before the fight, which is cheating.

“I hate it. I don’t like it. I’m going to fight it. And if you are using TRT in the UFC, we’re going to start testing the [expletive] out of you through your entire camp. I truly believe guys are cheating on it, and I don’t like to see a natural gifted athlete go in and fight against a guy who has been jacked up on TRT for three months.”

White has teeter-tottered on the controversial subject over the years. When he abruptly cut Nate Marquardt in June 2010, White admitted “Nate the Great” may have used TRT as a performance-enhancing drug (PED) because Marquardt was so far beyond the legal limits when he flunked his pre-fight drug exam. However, as recently as six months ago, White did an about-face claiming to be fine with TRT as long as fighters submitted their doctor’s notes to athletic commissions in order to be granted a therapeutic-use exemption (TUE) to be on it for their upcoming scraps.

The reason why most aren’t on board with TRT is simple – it’s circumventing the system to get prescribed a legal PED. That’s why White will overstep the commissions and conduct his own pop quizzes on UFC fighters on TRT.

“We’re regulated by the government. Testosterone replacement therapy is legal,” White added. “Well, I think we should test guys all the way up until their fight to make sure that the entire training camp their limits are where they’re supposed to be, they’re at the legal limits their whole camp.

“When you sit down and you start talking about it, it’s not fair. It’s not fair. And if your testosterone level isn’t high enough, maybe you’re too old to fight.”
continued...
Back to top Go down
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

Standard Cash : 16398

PostSubject: Re: UFC Finally Taking Firm Stance Against Testosterone (TRT)   UFC Finally Taking Firm Stance Against Testosterone (TRT) EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 12:49 pm

Chrom wrote:
UFC Finally Taking Firm Stance Against Testosterone (TRT) Danaillegal
Quote :
And if your testosterone level isn’t high enough, maybe you’re too old to fight.”
continued...

i love it....thats my thought exactly
Back to top Go down
DEP
Internet Troll Champion!
Internet Troll Champion!
DEP

Standard Cash : 9492

PostSubject: Re: UFC Finally Taking Firm Stance Against Testosterone (TRT)   UFC Finally Taking Firm Stance Against Testosterone (TRT) EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 6:41 pm

That last line is gospel.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12619

PostSubject: Re: UFC Finally Taking Firm Stance Against Testosterone (TRT)   UFC Finally Taking Firm Stance Against Testosterone (TRT) EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 6:55 am

I am still not entirely sure what my stance is on TRT, but I have no problem at all with Dana's stance here. If people are using it to elevate themselves above normal levels then they should be busted.

But, I dont think anything he is saying here is revolutionary. Isn't using TRT to go above normal levels pretty much just taking steroids? lol

The fighters stance was always that they were using TRT to get back to a normal persons testosterone level. If they are doing that, it's one thing and like I said I haven't really decided how I feel about that.

If they are ever using it to go above then I agree it's cheating and they should be given the same disciplinary action as someone busted for steroids.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15333

PostSubject: Re: UFC Finally Taking Firm Stance Against Testosterone (TRT)   UFC Finally Taking Firm Stance Against Testosterone (TRT) EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 7:55 am

TRT is bad...M'kay
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5740

PostSubject: Re: UFC Finally Taking Firm Stance Against Testosterone (TRT)   UFC Finally Taking Firm Stance Against Testosterone (TRT) EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 6:54 pm

I hate to say "I told you so....." Meh What the fuck.... I TOLD YOU SO!

Heh .... I love being an asshole lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UFC Finally Taking Firm Stance Against Testosterone (TRT)   UFC Finally Taking Firm Stance Against Testosterone (TRT) Empty

Back to top Go down

UFC Finally Taking Firm Stance Against Testosterone (TRT)
Page 1 of 1