The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Lombard Doesn’t Think The UFC Is Willing To Give Him A Shot At Anderson Silva Vote_lcapLombard Doesn’t Think The UFC Is Willing To Give Him A Shot At Anderson Silva Voting_barLombard Doesn’t Think The UFC Is Willing To Give Him A Shot At Anderson Silva Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Lombard Doesn’t Think The UFC Is Willing To Give Him A Shot At Anderson Silva Vote_lcapLombard Doesn’t Think The UFC Is Willing To Give Him A Shot At Anderson Silva Voting_barLombard Doesn’t Think The UFC Is Willing To Give Him A Shot At Anderson Silva Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Lombard Doesn’t Think The UFC Is Willing To Give Him A Shot At Anderson Silva

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22859

Lombard Doesn’t Think The UFC Is Willing To Give Him A Shot At Anderson Silva Empty
PostSubject: Lombard Doesn’t Think The UFC Is Willing To Give Him A Shot At Anderson Silva   Lombard Doesn’t Think The UFC Is Willing To Give Him A Shot At Anderson Silva EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 1:11 pm

Lombard Doesn’t Think The UFC Is Willing To Give Him A Shot At Anderson Silva Hector10
Quote :
“Let’s cut the bullshit, let’s be honest, they won’t give me Anderson Silva. We have to be realistic and talk about things that might happen. I’ve got to take one fight at a time and one-by-one I can take them out and by the end of the year people are going to say he deserves the title shot. I want it to just be my hard work. I want people to say that no one deserves the title more than him. I just don’t want to fight guys that they say, ‘Oh that was a easy match-up for him.’ I want to fight the hardest match-up. I wish they (the UFC) could go now and make a pool of the toughest guys at 84kg that no one wants to fight and I want to fight that guy. I want to fight who the UFC and the people believe is the toughest guy out there. Not many people want to fight Palhares. Before we had the fight people were saying: ‘Hector is gone, Palhares is taking Hector’s leg back to Brazil.’ I would like to fight Chris Weidman, he’s a big name. I’ve been asking for (Yushin) Okami, I’ve been asking for Okami but they (UFC) won’t give him to me because of his chin. Okami has no chin, he can’t cop the punches. And where’s Jake Shields? He’s been around forever, he beat Dan Henderson. Those are the guys I want to fight.”
continued...
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15333

Lombard Doesn’t Think The UFC Is Willing To Give Him A Shot At Anderson Silva Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lombard Doesn’t Think The UFC Is Willing To Give Him A Shot At Anderson Silva   Lombard Doesn’t Think The UFC Is Willing To Give Him A Shot At Anderson Silva EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 10:16 am

ummmm dude your 1-1 in the UFC. I dont think a title shot is in your near future. If he goes on to win his next 3-4 fights against top 10 guys then yeah give him a shot. But it's way to early for him to even consider that an option.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35201

PostSubject: Re: Lombard Doesn’t Think The UFC Is Willing To Give Him A Shot At Anderson Silva   Lombard Doesn’t Think The UFC Is Willing To Give Him A Shot At Anderson Silva EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 10:44 am

Yeah, maybe he shouldn't have shit the bed against Boetsch. I am damn sure the UFC would have given him a title shot after 2 wins if that didn't happen.
Now he will have to get through Okami and probably (at least) another top 5-6 guy too.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5740

PostSubject: Re: Lombard Doesn’t Think The UFC Is Willing To Give Him A Shot At Anderson Silva   Lombard Doesn’t Think The UFC Is Willing To Give Him A Shot At Anderson Silva EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 11:32 am

Yeah that real 'barn burner' against Boetsch didn't help his cause. Why would Dana waste good Anderson ppv time on crap like that?

32 and whatever in Bellator and CFC doesn't really fill out a true contenders resume'.
Lombard should be saying,,, "yeah I had a crap debut in the UFC so I'll fight whoever they want and prove I am a top contender in the big leagues."
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12619

PostSubject: Re: Lombard Doesn’t Think The UFC Is Willing To Give Him A Shot At Anderson Silva   Lombard Doesn’t Think The UFC Is Willing To Give Him A Shot At Anderson Silva EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 9:38 am

Silva is running low on challengers. If he KOs Okami in devastating fashion I think the UFC could market him as someone who hadnt lost in many years and had octagon jitters in his first fight or something. Big if, but I think they could...

KOing Okami and another big win would DEFINITELY put him in title contention imo though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lombard Doesn’t Think The UFC Is Willing To Give Him A Shot At Anderson Silva   Lombard Doesn’t Think The UFC Is Willing To Give Him A Shot At Anderson Silva Empty

Back to top Go down

Lombard Doesn’t Think The UFC Is Willing To Give Him A Shot At Anderson Silva
Page 1 of 1