The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Michael Bisping Pi$$ed Off @ Hector Lombard's future title shot if Stann is defeated Vote_lcapMichael Bisping Pi$$ed Off @ Hector Lombard's future title shot if Stann is defeated Voting_barMichael Bisping Pi$$ed Off @ Hector Lombard's future title shot if Stann is defeated Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Michael Bisping Pi$$ed Off @ Hector Lombard's future title shot if Stann is defeated Vote_lcapMichael Bisping Pi$$ed Off @ Hector Lombard's future title shot if Stann is defeated Voting_barMichael Bisping Pi$$ed Off @ Hector Lombard's future title shot if Stann is defeated Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Michael Bisping Pi$$ed Off @ Hector Lombard's future title shot if Stann is defeated

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
9Teen_AT4
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
9Teen_AT4

Standard Cash : 7706

Michael Bisping Pi$$ed Off @ Hector Lombard's future title shot if Stann is defeated Empty
PostSubject: Michael Bisping Pi$$ed Off @ Hector Lombard's future title shot if Stann is defeated   Michael Bisping Pi$$ed Off @ Hector Lombard's future title shot if Stann is defeated EmptyMon May 07, 2012 7:37 pm

Michael Bisping Pi$$ed Off @ Hector Lombard's future title shot if Stann is defeated GYI0062074410

Quote :
Since when does knocking out "John the baker" put you in line for a title shot?

That's a question longtime Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) middleweight title chaser Michael Bisping wants answered after learning that Bellator import Hector Lombard could earn a crack at the division crown by stopping Brian Stann at UFC on FOX 4 later this year.

"The Count," meanwhile, is relegated to "Barbarian" bashing at UFC 149 on July 21 in Calgary.

Fighting Tim Boetsch north of the border is a direct result of losing to Chael Sonnen at UFC on FOX 2 earlier this year, but Bisping is still "pissed off" that Lombard is shooting up the ranks like "Lightning."

From MMA Die Hards:

Michael wrote:
"It does piss me off a little bit, you know? I’ve been slugging away in the UFC for six years now, fighting the best guys in the world and just because Hector Lombard’s been knocking out little part-time fighters who probably hold down jobs full-time and he’s been knocking out people that I haven’t got a clue who they are, I haven’t even heard of them, you know, while I’ve been knocking out the best fighters in the world and fighting the best consistently for six years and he’s going to come in from knocking out John the baker from around the corner and you know, he gets a title shot?"

srce
Back to top Go down
9Teen_AT4
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
9Teen_AT4

Standard Cash : 7706

Michael Bisping Pi$$ed Off @ Hector Lombard's future title shot if Stann is defeated Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michael Bisping Pi$$ed Off @ Hector Lombard's future title shot if Stann is defeated   Michael Bisping Pi$$ed Off @ Hector Lombard's future title shot if Stann is defeated EmptyMon May 07, 2012 7:44 pm

Michael Bisping can woop Lombard's a$$ in his sleep. After Lombard faces Stann, he should fight Bisping next so Bisping can kick his a$$ back to the shytt leagues.
Back to top Go down
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

Standard Cash : 16389

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bisping Pi$$ed Off @ Hector Lombard's future title shot if Stann is defeated   Michael Bisping Pi$$ed Off @ Hector Lombard's future title shot if Stann is defeated EmptyMon May 07, 2012 7:55 pm

did bisping really say he's been "knocking out" the best guys in the world?....who was his last ko over?
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59444

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bisping Pi$$ed Off @ Hector Lombard's future title shot if Stann is defeated   Michael Bisping Pi$$ed Off @ Hector Lombard's future title shot if Stann is defeated EmptyMon May 07, 2012 8:43 pm

norcalmatt wrote:
did bisping really say he's been "knocking out" the best guys in the world?....who was his last ko over?
His last TKO was over Jason Miller. Top 5 in the world, easily.

Back to top Go down
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

Standard Cash : 16389

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bisping Pi$$ed Off @ Hector Lombard's future title shot if Stann is defeated   Michael Bisping Pi$$ed Off @ Hector Lombard's future title shot if Stann is defeated EmptyTue May 08, 2012 1:12 am

ko and tko arent the same.......im talkin put to sleep
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59444

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bisping Pi$$ed Off @ Hector Lombard's future title shot if Stann is defeated   Michael Bisping Pi$$ed Off @ Hector Lombard's future title shot if Stann is defeated EmptyTue May 08, 2012 3:03 am

LOL!
I was kidding. I honestly thought about putting an "LOL" face in there, but thought it would be funnier if I didn't.
Come on man...you didn't really think I was serious when I said Miller was easily top 5 in the world, did you?!
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15324

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bisping Pi$$ed Off @ Hector Lombard's future title shot if Stann is defeated   Michael Bisping Pi$$ed Off @ Hector Lombard's future title shot if Stann is defeated EmptyTue May 08, 2012 8:18 am

I said from the begining Bisping and lombard would have made the most sense and yes bisping would whoop lombards ass all up and down the cage.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35192

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bisping Pi$$ed Off @ Hector Lombard's future title shot if Stann is defeated   Michael Bisping Pi$$ed Off @ Hector Lombard's future title shot if Stann is defeated EmptyTue May 08, 2012 11:02 am

Yeah, Bisping has never finished a top 10 fighter if I can recall correctly, so not sure about him KO'ing the best guys.
He has KO'd Rivera and Miller.

I actually feel that Bisping and Stann are equally deserving of the next title shot. They both lost to Sonnen and Bisping's loss is more fresh.
Almost everyone has Lombard ranked in the top 10 and if he can be defeated that would be a win over Lombard and a finish of Rivera, Sakara, and Leben since the beginning of 2011.

Bisping would have a very similar resume if he could defeat Boetsch. Also with finishes over Rivara and Miller.

To compare resumes since beginnin of 2011.

They both finished Rivera (tie)
Leben/Miller - I'd give the edge to Leben, although many could see that as even (tie?)
Stann coming off fresh victory over Sakara (advantage - Stann)
Bisping looked better against Sonnen, albeit a loss (advantage Bisping)

Boetsch/Lomabard (probably a wash and in my mind tie breaker would go to the guy with the more impressive victory or finish) - (tie/pending?)

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bisping Pi$$ed Off @ Hector Lombard's future title shot if Stann is defeated   Michael Bisping Pi$$ed Off @ Hector Lombard's future title shot if Stann is defeated Empty

Back to top Go down

Michael Bisping Pi$$ed Off @ Hector Lombard's future title shot if Stann is defeated
Page 1 of 1