The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Stann belives Bisping should be number 1 contender for silvas title. Vote_lcapStann belives Bisping should be number 1 contender for silvas title. Voting_barStann belives Bisping should be number 1 contender for silvas title. Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Stann belives Bisping should be number 1 contender for silvas title. Vote_lcapStann belives Bisping should be number 1 contender for silvas title. Voting_barStann belives Bisping should be number 1 contender for silvas title. Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Stann belives Bisping should be number 1 contender for silvas title.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15312

Stann belives Bisping should be number 1 contender for silvas title. Empty
PostSubject: Stann belives Bisping should be number 1 contender for silvas title.   Stann belives Bisping should be number 1 contender for silvas title. EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 10:49 am

http://espn.go.com/blog/mma/post/_/id/14522/bisping-strengthens-in-case-with-solid-jab

Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59432

PostSubject: Re: Stann belives Bisping should be number 1 contender for silvas title.   Stann belives Bisping should be number 1 contender for silvas title. EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 2:46 am

I sort of agree, at least to the point that I think he would beat Chris Weidman, who is widely considered the #1 contender.
But that doesn't mean that I am of the belief that he could beat Silva. I don't see his boxing or wrestling being good enough to pose any more than a minimal threat to Silva. But if we're talking about him being better than the other challengers, I would have to say yes, he is. But I'm not forgetting about Belcher, Belfort, or Weidman.

Shit, I'm all over the place here. Am I really saying that I still need to see a #1 contender fight? I think I am......

Neutral
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22838

PostSubject: Re: Stann belives Bisping should be number 1 contender for silvas title.   Stann belives Bisping should be number 1 contender for silvas title. EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 8:00 am

NO! just no. You don't get a title shot after beating 1 dude named Brian Stann! Even though I have to admit after last week I am more of a fan of Mikey's than I ever assumed I could be or even wanted to be for that matter.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35180

PostSubject: Re: Stann belives Bisping should be number 1 contender for silvas title.   Stann belives Bisping should be number 1 contender for silvas title. EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 9:42 am

I thought he was the number one contender before he beat Stann....
I think it's safe that Weidman fights the winner of Bisping/Silva, but he'll probably need another fight in there as well.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12598

PostSubject: Re: Stann belives Bisping should be number 1 contender for silvas title.   Stann belives Bisping should be number 1 contender for silvas title. EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 10:43 am

Chrom wrote:
NO! just no. You don't get a title shot after beating 1 dude named Brian Stann! Even though I have to admit after last week I am more of a fan of Mikey's than I ever assumed I could be or even wanted to be for that matter.

Imo he actually should be the #1 contender.

Yes, he is only on a one fight win streak, but he was on a 4 fight win streak before that and his one loss was a razor close decision to Sonnen that he took on very short notice to help the UFC so im pretty sure they give him leeway there.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

PostSubject: Re: Stann belives Bisping should be number 1 contender for silvas title.   Stann belives Bisping should be number 1 contender for silvas title. EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 10:55 am

Chrom wrote:

and you have the avatar to prove it!!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22838

PostSubject: Re: Stann belives Bisping should be number 1 contender for silvas title.   Stann belives Bisping should be number 1 contender for silvas title. EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 11:13 am

FistK wrote:
Chrom wrote:

Yes, he is only on a one fight win streak, but he was on a 4 fight win streak before that and his one loss was a razor close decision to Sonnen that he took on very short notice to help the UFC so im pretty sure they give him leeway there.
You have a point... I keep forgetting that fight was on short notice and anyone could easily argue that he won it...

DAMN IT!
Bisping is #1 contender.... Winning with wrestling.... WTF is going on in this world...
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59432

PostSubject: Re: Stann belives Bisping should be number 1 contender for silvas title.   Stann belives Bisping should be number 1 contender for silvas title. EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 3:38 pm

I would split the difference and say Weidman vs Bisping in a #1 contender match-up. Forget about Weidman vs Boetsch and put this fight together.

I would have no problem with the winner of that fight getting a title shot.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

PostSubject: Re: Stann belives Bisping should be number 1 contender for silvas title.   Stann belives Bisping should be number 1 contender for silvas title. EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 3:47 pm

Chrom wrote:
FistK wrote:
Chrom wrote:

You have a point... I keep forgetting that fight was on short notice and anyone could easily argue that he won it...

DAMN IT!
Bisping is #1 contender.... Winning with wrestling.... WTF is going on in this world...

It's been a bit of a twighlight zone week for ya huh? lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stann belives Bisping should be number 1 contender for silvas title.   Stann belives Bisping should be number 1 contender for silvas title. Empty

Back to top Go down

Stann belives Bisping should be number 1 contender for silvas title.
Page 1 of 1