The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
UFC Learning From Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Blunder Vote_lcapUFC Learning From Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Blunder Voting_barUFC Learning From Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Blunder Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
UFC Learning From Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Blunder Vote_lcapUFC Learning From Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Blunder Voting_barUFC Learning From Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Blunder Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

UFC Learning From Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Blunder

Go down 
+2
Krieger
Chrom
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22848

UFC Learning From Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Blunder Empty
PostSubject: UFC Learning From Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Blunder   UFC Learning From Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Blunder EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 11:08 am

Quote :
If Manny Pacquiao’s controversial decision defeat to Timothy Bradley in June didn’t kill all hopes of boxing arranging arguably the biggest superfight in the history of ever, then “Pac-Man’s” lights out loss to Juan Manuel Marquez on Saturday certainly did.

While boxing fans have long been clamoring for Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather to step between the ropes against each other, the two have engaged in a public cat and mouse game circled around enhanced pre-fight drug testing and percentages of guaranteed paydays.

Each have taken significantly less interesting scraps in the interim, which have allowed them to fill their pockets and intensify the hysteria surrounding the fantasy fight that will now never come to fruition.

The Mayweather vs. Pacquiao (or Pacquiao vs. Mayeather – depending upon who you talk to) predicament is exactly what the Ultimate Fighting Championship has forever claimed is one of the many things wrong with its combat sport rivals.

There are only so many GREAT fighters that come along each generation, and more importantly, there’s just a small window for everyone to maximize their earning potential while the athletes are still viewed as invincible.

After watching Pacquiao face plant into the canvas, UFC co-owner Lorenzo Fertitta (Pictured) took to his Twitter to let Octagon fans know that they fully understand they have a couple of blockbuster bouts in the bullpen and they don’t plan on letting those opportunities die like boxing did.

“Gotta strike when the iron is hot boxing! Lost manny/Floyd 4ever. #gspvssilva #silvavsbones #superfights!” Fertitta tweeted.
\
continued...
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5729

PostSubject: Re: UFC Learning From Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Blunder   UFC Learning From Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Blunder EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 2:32 pm

Meh ... if they set up the fight tomorrow it would still be a huge ppv draw. People want to see the fighters fight nobody cares about the title.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59442

PostSubject: Re: UFC Learning From Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Blunder   UFC Learning From Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Blunder EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 2:50 pm

Krieger wrote:
Meh ... if they set up the fight tomorrow it would still be a huge ppv draw. People want to see the fighters fight nobody cares about the title.
No way in hell.
MayWeather/Pacquiao is dead forever, and if they tried to put it together at anytime from here on out and sell it as anything other than just another fight, it would be an insult to boxing fans.
Back to top Go down
DEP
Internet Troll Champion!
Internet Troll Champion!
DEP

Standard Cash : 9481

PostSubject: Re: UFC Learning From Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Blunder   UFC Learning From Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Blunder EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 5:49 pm

Triggerman99 wrote:
Krieger wrote:
No way in hell.
MayWeather/Pacquiao is dead forever, and if they tried to put it together at anytime from here on out and sell it as anything other than just another fight, it would be an insult to boxing fans.

Disagree. People have wanted to see this fight for over 2yrs. It may not have the draw it once had, but it would still do at least 1.5mil buys. The only thing that changed with Pac taking a nap is that Floyd and his fans now have something else to talk shit about. The WW division is stacked to the gills, and there's still nobody else who can hang with Floyd. Bradley decision was universal BS and Pac finally got caught good by Marquez, a fight he was arguably winning anyway. Shit happens. I know I'll buy it.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59442

PostSubject: Re: UFC Learning From Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Blunder   UFC Learning From Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Blunder EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 7:59 pm

Well, I suppose.
I guess it would be kind of like the Chuck/Wanderlei situation. When it finally happened, it was still a really big fight, but there's no way in hell it was even within sniffing distance of how obscenely huge the fight would have been if it had happened when they were both on top.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12608

PostSubject: Re: UFC Learning From Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Blunder   UFC Learning From Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Blunder EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 9:30 am

I love Pac but im almost glad this happened, because a little bit of me would of died inside if it were FMJ that face planted him.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5729

PostSubject: Re: UFC Learning From Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Blunder   UFC Learning From Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Blunder EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 9:32 am

DEP wrote:
Triggerman99 wrote:
Krieger wrote:
No way in hell.

Disagree. People have wanted to see this fight for over 2yrs. It may not have the draw it once had, but it would still do at least 1.5mil buys. The only thing that changed with Pac taking a nap is that Floyd and his fans now have something else to talk shit about. The WW division is stacked to the gills, and there's still nobody else who can hang with Floyd. Bradley decision was universal BS and Pac finally got caught good by Marquez, a fight he was arguably winning anyway. Shit happens. I know I'll buy it.

I agree with your disagreement. This is still one of those epic fights that boxing fans will pay in droves for.... hell I might even ppv it!
Back to top Go down
DEP
Internet Troll Champion!
Internet Troll Champion!
DEP

Standard Cash : 9481

PostSubject: Re: UFC Learning From Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Blunder   UFC Learning From Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Blunder EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 12:41 pm

Triggerman99 wrote:
Well, I suppose.
I guess it would be kind of like the Chuck/Wanderlei situation. When it finally happened, it was still a really big fight, but there's no way in hell it was even within sniffing distance of how obscenely huge the fight would have been if it had happened when they were both on top.

And I agree with that 100%, because I was more fired up for the staredown where Wand said he was going to fuck Chuck than I was when they actually fought like 2yrs later. That was before Chuck lost the strap to Rampage and Wand lost his to Hendo. Best in the world. When the fight finally happened, they were still really good but they weren't the best at 205 anymore. IMO for the Pac vs. FMJ fight to mean anything it'd have to be in 2013 before either one of them fights again. Problem there is that if Pacquiao's camp thought the pay split wasn't fair before, now they'll be really pissed because it's going to be completely one sided for Floyd. For that reason alone, this fight might never even happen.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15322

PostSubject: Re: UFC Learning From Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Blunder   UFC Learning From Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Blunder EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 1:32 pm

all i want for xmas is floyd mayweather knocked out. Is that asking a lot?!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UFC Learning From Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Blunder   UFC Learning From Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Blunder Empty

Back to top Go down

UFC Learning From Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Blunder
Page 1 of 1