The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Gustafsson: If I ever fight Jon Jones, I will bring home the belt for sure Vote_lcapGustafsson: If I ever fight Jon Jones, I will bring home the belt for sure Voting_barGustafsson: If I ever fight Jon Jones, I will bring home the belt for sure Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Gustafsson: If I ever fight Jon Jones, I will bring home the belt for sure Vote_lcapGustafsson: If I ever fight Jon Jones, I will bring home the belt for sure Voting_barGustafsson: If I ever fight Jon Jones, I will bring home the belt for sure Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Gustafsson: If I ever fight Jon Jones, I will bring home the belt for sure

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22847

Gustafsson: If I ever fight Jon Jones, I will bring home the belt for sure Empty
PostSubject: Gustafsson: If I ever fight Jon Jones, I will bring home the belt for sure   Gustafsson: If I ever fight Jon Jones, I will bring home the belt for sure EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 2:51 pm

Swedish UFC Light Heavyweight prospect Alexander
Gustafsson will have to defeat MMA legend Mauricio Rua at UFC on FOX 5
if he is to have any chance at a title shot. He's not looking past
"Shogun," but he's got some strong opinions on what will go down if he
ever does get a crack at champion Jon Jones.

At 14-1, Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) light heavyweight contender Alexander Gustafsson has earned the right to be in the conversation regarding the top 205 pounders in the mixed martial arts (MMA) universe.

"The Mauler" will face the biggest test of his career, when he takes on Mauricio Rua at UFC on FOX 5 in Seattle, Wash., on Dec. 8, 2012.

"Shogun" is a fighter who Gustafsson has watched and studied for
years, and during an interview with FUEL TV's Jon Anik, he stated that
he's honored to finally get the chance to actually get in the Octagon
and measure himself against one of the all-time greats of the sport:

"He's a fighter I've been looking up to since I was young and
getting started in my career. So, it's a good opportunity for me to show
the world I belong with the top guys in my division. So, yeah, I'm
really looking forward to it."

Should Gustafsson be able to notch a big win over "Shogun," he will
likely find himself knocking on the door of a title shot, but another
fighter, Chael Sonnen, will get a crack at "Bones'" belt, first.

Some feel that Sonnen's title shot is unmerited, earned mainly by his
prolific gift of gab and trash talk. Gustafsson isn't necessarily
thrilled with the way Sonnen was selected for the opportunity, but he's
not taking it personally, and he wishes Chael all the best:

"First of all, I'm happy for him. He has a chance, and I hope he
does everything he can to make something come out of it. At the same
time, that's our goal: to take the belt. That's why we do this, every
day. We wake up in the morning and train, two times a day. So, it sucks a
little bit that it went that way, but I'm happy for Chael. He's a good
guy, and I hope he does everything he can."

For now, a fight between Gustafsson and Jones will remain as mere
speculation, but the lanky Swede is flattered to have so many people
mentioning him as being worthy of a shot at the belt.
continued...
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15321

Gustafsson: If I ever fight Jon Jones, I will bring home the belt for sure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gustafsson: If I ever fight Jon Jones, I will bring home the belt for sure   Gustafsson: If I ever fight Jon Jones, I will bring home the belt for sure EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 7:32 am

I think gus could have a solid chance at jones. Even more so if it stays standing.
Back to top Go down

Gustafsson: If I ever fight Jon Jones, I will bring home the belt for sure
Page 1 of 1