The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Kevin Randleman has beef with Matt Riddle  Vote_lcapKevin Randleman has beef with Matt Riddle  Voting_barKevin Randleman has beef with Matt Riddle  Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Kevin Randleman has beef with Matt Riddle  Vote_lcapKevin Randleman has beef with Matt Riddle  Voting_barKevin Randleman has beef with Matt Riddle  Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Kevin Randleman has beef with Matt Riddle

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15321

Kevin Randleman has beef with Matt Riddle  Empty
PostSubject: Kevin Randleman has beef with Matt Riddle    Kevin Randleman has beef with Matt Riddle  EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 10:02 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqZbvycHIww&feature=g-vrec

I dont know what happend between these two but there is a lot of bad blood there. Randleman is begging Dana to give him a fight with riddle.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22847

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Randleman has beef with Matt Riddle    Kevin Randleman has beef with Matt Riddle  EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 10:30 am

I know pretty much the whole back story here, I'll sum it up, from what I can remember and what not. An associate of mine from PnP radio was there first hand and gave both guys and the promoter a chance to speak their peace. Randleman choose not to go on the radio show. But any way, here's the general story. (I'll also see if I can get Jay over here and post his direct perspective. He is friends with both guys and was present for the incident)
Randleman was hired as an appearance for X amount of dollars but for XX amount he would also do a seminar. They agreed to the appearance price, but when Kevin got there he was demanding the XX amount for only an appearance. The promoter said he would be sending the remainder in the mail. Some how Riddle got involved with helping the org and all the buck got shifted to him. (I'm not sure what the deal was here) But basically Randleman and his wife have been hassling Riddle for the remainder check. Which as far as everyone knew was sent out by the promoter. It gets much deeper... I'm gonna contact Jay right now and see if he will post about it here.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35189

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Randleman has beef with Matt Riddle    Kevin Randleman has beef with Matt Riddle  EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 10:52 am

Met Randleman at a vegas strip club during my bachelor party. Pretty coold dude... from my 5 minute interaction with him.
I'd post the picture if I knew how.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Randleman has beef with Matt Riddle    Kevin Randleman has beef with Matt Riddle  EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 11:00 am

you click that little Polaroid and floppy disk button to upload it. Then copy the url it spits out at you and then click the Polaroid button and paste the url and hit OK
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Randleman has beef with Matt Riddle    Kevin Randleman has beef with Matt Riddle  EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 11:11 am

I don't have a url. I have a jpg file.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Randleman has beef with Matt Riddle    Kevin Randleman has beef with Matt Riddle  EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 11:19 am

Right, hit the first button then click browse next to the file and then find the jpeg and "host it" then it will give you a URL for the picture to use
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Randleman has beef with Matt Riddle    Kevin Randleman has beef with Matt Riddle  EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 1:36 pm

I am the one with the normal sized neck. This was about 7 years ago at the Spearmint Rhino.

Kevin Randleman has beef with Matt Riddle  Randl_11
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Randleman has beef with Matt Riddle    Kevin Randleman has beef with Matt Riddle  EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 2:58 pm

stock wrote:
I am the one with the normal sized neck.

cheers
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Randleman has beef with Matt Riddle    Kevin Randleman has beef with Matt Riddle  EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 3:02 pm

He was super juiced up to around 240 pounds, and this was only a few weeks away from him being in the pride middle weight grand prix against Nakamura.
Back to top Go down
TexasJay

PostSubject: Here's the scoop   Kevin Randleman has beef with Matt Riddle  EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 12:38 am

Hey everyone. My name is Jay Pagliaro. I am the host of Pull No Punches Radio, a show I cohost with "The Irish Hand Grenade" Marcus Davis and the show Chrom and Dominage are sponsors of.I also am a ring announcer/play by play broadcaster for promotions throughout the country. I am not exactly proud to admit, I was center of this controversy. Regardless, I will give you the 4-1-1 on this as unbiased as I possibly can.

On May 12, Pure MMA (a promotion I work for) held their second event in Wilkes Barre, PA. It was a solid card from top to bottom, featuring Din Thomas, Waylon Lowe and Rustam Khalibov (who signed with the UFC immediately following his win over 4x UFC vet Jason Dent at this event and is fighting Vinc Pichel at the TUF 16 finale).

As part of the event, the promoter Bryan Slater stated he was looking to bring in some names to make live appearances at the show. Matt Riddle, a partner of the Pure promotion, also seconded this wish. As such, I reached out to Marcus, Anthony Johnson, Johnny Bedford and Kevin to gauge their interest in making appearances at the event. All agreed to do it and all agreed upon the same price tag for their appearance fees, plus hotel and airfare. Randleman stated he would do a seminar for $500 more, but the promoter was unable to find a gym willing to have the Randleman seminar, so the extra $500 was out.

May 12 comes... The fighters all make their appearances for the promotion, all take their agreed upon price. By the point of payout however, when Marcus, Rumble and Bedford all got their paychecks, Randleman had long since departed the event (he left before the main and co main event).

The next morning, Randleman contacts me as I was his ride to the airport and said he was ready to be paid. I told him I would go get his xxx amount (the agreed upon price that all four had set well before hand.) Randleman disagreed with what he felt he was due and demanded the additional $500, despite the fact that no seminar was held. The promoter was contacted, and the two sides reached an agreement that Randleman would be paid the price for the appearance originally agreed upon and the promoter claimed due to the mix up and confusion, he would honor Randleman's request for the extra $500, with it being sent via mail. I can and will confirm, Randleman WAS sent the check for the additional funds, of which Randleman cited he lost (he actually told the promoter the check was eaten. As ridiculous as that sounds, I greatly lack creativity to make up something this asinine.)

Anyhow, between Point A (May 13) and Point B (the check becoming an edible element), the original owner of Pure MMA Slater sold and turned over financial responsibilities of the promotion over to a pretty well to do attorney named Adam (sorry, I don't have his last name). Riddle was kept on board as the name partner as well. Adam apparently was contacted by the Randlemans, who were informed that Pure MMA had lived up to their end of the agreement and then some with the extra check, and was in for no further obligation due to Randleman losing it. This answer apparently didn't sit well with Randleman, so Adam sent Kevin to Riddle (the Adam part, I am going off heresay, I cannot confirm or deny, but it seems plausable enough to pass.)

From this point, and this is direct from Matt himself, the Randlemans proceeded to call him over 35 times at all hours of the day and night, and also sent repeated emails/texts. Riddle at first tried to handle it with tact, and tried to find a compromise, however after so many calls, including ones in late night/early morning hours, Riddle notified Mrs. Randleman that they needed to stop calling otherwise the police would be notified. To be perfectly honest, I can't say I blame him. I myself was contacted via text several times at 330-4 AM by Kevin afterwards blaming me for him not getting paid and other nasty texts blaming the radio show of being "ratings starved" because we had Riddle and Slater on. Mind you, Randleman was offered the same opportunity to appear on Pull No Punches, but declined.

There's the rundown on this beef. You all are welcome to contact me on Facebook or here in this post if you have any questions regarding the matter. Keep in mind, I considered both friends prior to this incident. You be the judge on which side you think is in the right or wrong, I am not trying to villify or patronize either side.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59441

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Randleman has beef with Matt Riddle    Kevin Randleman has beef with Matt Riddle  EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 2:56 pm

Quote :
Randleman WAS sent the check for the additional funds, of which Randleman cited he lost (he actually told the promoter the check was eaten. As ridiculous as that sounds, I greatly lack creativity to make up something this asinine.)
lol!

Just the idea of Randleman going crazy and devouring a check is hysterical to me! I don't even care if it was supposed to him that ate it, that's what I'm going to keep telling myself.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Randleman has beef with Matt Riddle    Kevin Randleman has beef with Matt Riddle  EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 3:38 pm

Kevin Randleman has beef with Matt Riddle  Randle10
Made it just for you Trigger! Smile

Thanks for coming over and giving an in depth view as to what the beef is about Jay, much appreciated. Stop back any time man!
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Randleman has beef with Matt Riddle    Kevin Randleman has beef with Matt Riddle  EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 3:45 pm

Thanks a lot texas jay, I really didnt know much about this problem until recently. After hearing more of the facts i tend to think adam and riddle were in the right. The fact that randle demanded more money for doing less than the other fighters and never did his seminar alone would tell me that he should just collect his $500 and call it a day.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Randleman has beef with Matt Riddle    Kevin Randleman has beef with Matt Riddle  EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 3:47 pm

stock wrote:
I am the one with the normal sized neck. This was about 7 years ago at the Spearmint Rhino.

Kevin Randleman has beef with Matt Riddle  Randl_11

Whats Randleman doing with Bisping in this pic? lol!
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59441

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Randleman has beef with Matt Riddle    Kevin Randleman has beef with Matt Riddle  EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 4:33 pm

Gecko wrote:
Thanks a lot texas jay, I really didnt know much about this problem until recently. After hearing more of the facts i tend to think adam and riddle were in the right. The fact that randle demanded more money for doing less than the other fighters and never did his seminar alone would tell me that he should just collect his $500 and call it a day.
It's not Randleman's fault, it's that damn check's fault for looking so freakin delicious!
Back to top Go down
TexasJay

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Randleman has beef with Matt Riddle    Kevin Randleman has beef with Matt Riddle  EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 12:42 pm

The paper and ink have zero calories... Forget the Atkins Diet, need to lose weight, go on the Check Diet and chow down as many as you like without adding excess pounds.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Randleman has beef with Matt Riddle    Kevin Randleman has beef with Matt Riddle  EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 1:14 pm

cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Randleman has beef with Matt Riddle    Kevin Randleman has beef with Matt Riddle  Empty

Back to top Go down

Kevin Randleman has beef with Matt Riddle
Page 1 of 1