The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Mike Winklejohn: The Way To Beat GSP Is To Hurt Him, We Have Something Coming For The TD Attempts Vote_lcapMike Winklejohn: The Way To Beat GSP Is To Hurt Him, We Have Something Coming For The TD Attempts Voting_barMike Winklejohn: The Way To Beat GSP Is To Hurt Him, We Have Something Coming For The TD Attempts Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Mike Winklejohn: The Way To Beat GSP Is To Hurt Him, We Have Something Coming For The TD Attempts Vote_lcapMike Winklejohn: The Way To Beat GSP Is To Hurt Him, We Have Something Coming For The TD Attempts Voting_barMike Winklejohn: The Way To Beat GSP Is To Hurt Him, We Have Something Coming For The TD Attempts Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Mike Winklejohn: The Way To Beat GSP Is To Hurt Him, We Have Something Coming For The TD Attempts

Go down 
+2
Triggerman99
Chrom
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22859

Mike Winklejohn: The Way To Beat GSP Is To Hurt Him, We Have Something Coming For The TD Attempts Empty
PostSubject: Mike Winklejohn: The Way To Beat GSP Is To Hurt Him, We Have Something Coming For The TD Attempts   Mike Winklejohn: The Way To Beat GSP Is To Hurt Him, We Have Something Coming For The TD Attempts EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 4:04 pm

Quote :
“Georges is the best in the world at what he does, but at the same time, we know what he does. He does that, and hardly anybody’s been able really to stop it, but with that being said, Carlos has got something for him. Every time he wants to shoot in, we want to not give him the proper distance. We want to not be there when he does shoot, but when he does, we want to have something there for him.”

“He definitely followed my gameplan for Nick Diaz to a T, but with that being said, it’s different with Georges. Nick comes back from the dead. I think Carlos can unload on Georges and do damage early, and that will pay benefits as we go on … . You will see a different fight that way. The way to fight Georges is not to back away and touch him because he’s going to eventually take you down and ride out a decision that way and he could finish you. Georges is great in many different positions, but the way to beat Georges is to hurt him. That’s what this fight is going to come down to: Carlos can strike from so many places. He can hurt you in so many ways. What people have forgotten is that early in Carlos’ career, he was tapping people out left and right. Carlos is great with his submissions and working on them daily. He wants to time Carlos’ footwork to come forward and shoot on Carlos. There’s no doubt about it. He’s got to close the gap. Carlos is longer — we know that, so that’s what we’re looking for. Things are going to happen when one of the two guys close the gap.”
continued...
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59453

Mike Winklejohn: The Way To Beat GSP Is To Hurt Him, We Have Something Coming For The TD Attempts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Winklejohn: The Way To Beat GSP Is To Hurt Him, We Have Something Coming For The TD Attempts   Mike Winklejohn: The Way To Beat GSP Is To Hurt Him, We Have Something Coming For The TD Attempts EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 4:21 pm

I hope he's right.
As god-awful as it was to watch Condit prance around the cage like a riverdancer in the Diaz fight, nothing would make me happier than seeing him put an end to GSP's Reign of Boredom.
Back to top Go down
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
the commie

Standard Cash : 7968

PostSubject: Re: Mike Winklejohn: The Way To Beat GSP Is To Hurt Him, We Have Something Coming For The TD Attempts   Mike Winklejohn: The Way To Beat GSP Is To Hurt Him, We Have Something Coming For The TD Attempts EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 5:41 pm

i hope gsp makes him menstruate right there
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12619

PostSubject: Re: Mike Winklejohn: The Way To Beat GSP Is To Hurt Him, We Have Something Coming For The TD Attempts   Mike Winklejohn: The Way To Beat GSP Is To Hurt Him, We Have Something Coming For The TD Attempts EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 7:36 am

Blah blah blah...How many people have said "when he shoots I will knee him in the head" and it doesn happen. Dont get me wrong I hope Condit has something for him, but im hoping they are working on more than hurting gsp as he shoots haha.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59453

PostSubject: Re: Mike Winklejohn: The Way To Beat GSP Is To Hurt Him, We Have Something Coming For The TD Attempts   Mike Winklejohn: The Way To Beat GSP Is To Hurt Him, We Have Something Coming For The TD Attempts EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 2:38 pm

^^^
Yeah, I think that has been the gameplan against GSP for every single fighter since he regained the title.
How's that working out for everybody so far? lol
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15333

PostSubject: Re: Mike Winklejohn: The Way To Beat GSP Is To Hurt Him, We Have Something Coming For The TD Attempts   Mike Winklejohn: The Way To Beat GSP Is To Hurt Him, We Have Something Coming For The TD Attempts EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 7:35 am

Every fighter just about knows what GSP is going to do. Half the time it will be taking you down. Every fighter knows it and see's it coming even but you still cant stop him and i think condit will be in the same position.
Back to top Go down
Snake Five
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter

Standard Cash : 3792

PostSubject: Re: Mike Winklejohn: The Way To Beat GSP Is To Hurt Him, We Have Something Coming For The TD Attempts   Mike Winklejohn: The Way To Beat GSP Is To Hurt Him, We Have Something Coming For The TD Attempts EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 11:56 am

So is Jackson cornering GSP for this fight and Winklejohn cornering Condit since there in the same camp? And yeah I think GSP will take him down and try to GNP him.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Mike Winklejohn: The Way To Beat GSP Is To Hurt Him, We Have Something Coming For The TD Attempts   Mike Winklejohn: The Way To Beat GSP Is To Hurt Him, We Have Something Coming For The TD Attempts EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 1:00 pm

No I think Greg Jackson is sitting on the sidelines for this one. Winklejohn will be cornering Carlos and I think GSP's Tri-Star coaches will be in his corner.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12619

PostSubject: Re: Mike Winklejohn: The Way To Beat GSP Is To Hurt Him, We Have Something Coming For The TD Attempts   Mike Winklejohn: The Way To Beat GSP Is To Hurt Him, We Have Something Coming For The TD Attempts EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 6:41 am

Snake Five wrote:
So is Jackson cornering GSP for this fight and Winklejohn cornering Condit since there in the same camp? And yeah I think GSP will take him down and try to GNP him.

GSP left jackson's camp over a year ago.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Mike Winklejohn: The Way To Beat GSP Is To Hurt Him, We Have Something Coming For The TD Attempts   Mike Winklejohn: The Way To Beat GSP Is To Hurt Him, We Have Something Coming For The TD Attempts EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 8:38 am

He still trains there "occasionally" from what I have read. He mainly uses Greg Jackson as his "strategist" and Tri-star are his trainers and coaches. With the, once in a blue moon session in NM with Jackson's.

But Jackson has said he won't be training or cornering against GSP. I mean you wouldn't want to bite the hand that feeds you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mike Winklejohn: The Way To Beat GSP Is To Hurt Him, We Have Something Coming For The TD Attempts   Mike Winklejohn: The Way To Beat GSP Is To Hurt Him, We Have Something Coming For The TD Attempts Empty

Back to top Go down

Mike Winklejohn: The Way To Beat GSP Is To Hurt Him, We Have Something Coming For The TD Attempts
Page 1 of 1