The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Coker Showing No Urgency in Arranging Rousey vs. Cyborg Vote_lcapCoker Showing No Urgency in Arranging Rousey vs. Cyborg Voting_barCoker Showing No Urgency in Arranging Rousey vs. Cyborg Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Coker Showing No Urgency in Arranging Rousey vs. Cyborg Vote_lcapCoker Showing No Urgency in Arranging Rousey vs. Cyborg Voting_barCoker Showing No Urgency in Arranging Rousey vs. Cyborg Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Coker Showing No Urgency in Arranging Rousey vs. Cyborg

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22859

Coker Showing No Urgency in Arranging Rousey vs. Cyborg Empty
PostSubject: Coker Showing No Urgency in Arranging Rousey vs. Cyborg   Coker Showing No Urgency in Arranging Rousey vs. Cyborg EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 3:31 pm

Now that Strikeforce bantamweight queen Ronda Rousey has her first title defense tucked under her bling-bling belt, Rousey wants to arrange a blockbuster bout against Cristiane “Cyborg” Santos. However, it appears the former featherweight champ might not be willing to shed the 10 pounds Rousey is demanding her to.

The man who has the power to arrange the tango – or might not have the authority, depending upon who you ask – is Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker (Pictured). The only problem is Coker doesn’t seem too anxious to get the ball rolling on the most anticipated scrap in women’s MMA.

“That’s a fight that we definitely have on the radar,” Coker stated Saturday. “I think Ronda clearly said she wants that fight to happen, but as you know, Cyborg is on suspension right now and until she gets off we don’t really have a fight.

“So, when that fight becomes real is when she gets off, then we’ll start having that conversation and then hopefully we’ll make it happen.”

Quick, someone tell Coker that just because Cyborg is serving a year-long drug ban doesn’t mean they can’t begin the persuasion processes of having her drop to the bantamweight division now. I won’t even mention the fact they should have discussed the transition with Cyborg back in January after UFC president Dana White stripped her of her crown and claimed the featherweight class was pretty much killed.

Oops, did I write too much?

In any event, it’s the only box office female fight available and Coker definitely wants it to happen. He professes it would set a new standard for the ladies.

“I think that records are meant to be broken,” Coker added. “I think the [Gina] Carano/Cyborg fight was the highest rated MMA show on Showtime until we started the heavyweight tournament in February of last year. So for two years, that held the record.

“Once we get this [Rousey/Cyborg] fight together, I believe that fight will break the past record and the past gate record because that will probably be the biggest fight in the history of mixed martial arts. That’s what I believe.”

Cyborg is eligible to reapply for licensing as early as December 17th. That gives Rousey four months of rest and prep time for the toughest challenge of her career.

http://www.5thround.com/126050/scott-coker-showing-no-urgency-in-arranging-rousey-vs-cyborg-superfight/
Back to top Go down
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

Standard Cash : 16398

PostSubject: Re: Coker Showing No Urgency in Arranging Rousey vs. Cyborg   Coker Showing No Urgency in Arranging Rousey vs. Cyborg EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 4:20 pm

Chrom wrote:
I believe that fight will break the past record and the past gate record because that will probably be the biggest fight in the history of mixed martial arts. That’s what I believe.”

http://www.5thround.com/126050/scott-coker-showing-no-urgency-in-arranging-rousey-vs-cyborg-superfight/

hahahahahahaha
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5740

PostSubject: Re: Coker Showing No Urgency in Arranging Rousey vs. Cyborg   Coker Showing No Urgency in Arranging Rousey vs. Cyborg EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 5:14 pm

It's so funny that Coker is really just a figurehead... Dana will make the decisions after telling Coker what to think and do. I was after all Dana who stripped Cyborg of her belt won through cheating.

Whoever has to wait to the 17th of Dec anyways for her application to get her license back and Cyborg will have to have lots of time to get into her clean up cycle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coker Showing No Urgency in Arranging Rousey vs. Cyborg   Coker Showing No Urgency in Arranging Rousey vs. Cyborg Empty

Back to top Go down

Coker Showing No Urgency in Arranging Rousey vs. Cyborg
Page 1 of 1