The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Jon Jones fires back at Chael Sonnen Vote_lcapJon Jones fires back at Chael Sonnen Voting_barJon Jones fires back at Chael Sonnen Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Jon Jones fires back at Chael Sonnen Vote_lcapJon Jones fires back at Chael Sonnen Voting_barJon Jones fires back at Chael Sonnen Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Jon Jones fires back at Chael Sonnen

Go down 
+4
Krieger
Chrom
Gecko
Triggerman99
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59444

Jon Jones fires back at Chael Sonnen Empty
PostSubject: Jon Jones fires back at Chael Sonnen   Jon Jones fires back at Chael Sonnen EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 3:26 pm

Quote :
Chael Sonnen has spent less than 24-hours back at light heavyweight and he’s already picked a fight with champion Jon Jones.

During his appearance on UFC Tonight on Tuesday evening, Sonnen talked about moving back up to 205lbs for a fight with Forrest Griffin, but he also managed to throw a few jabs at the reigning title holder in his new division.

“Sure I could go up to 205 and I could take Jon Jones’ belt away, the same as I could take his candy on Halloween. He’s a little punk kid,” Sonnen said about Jones. “I could snatch it away all I want, but there’s something to be said in sportsmanship for earning your shot, and on the 29th of December, I’m going to go through Forrest to do it.”

Sonnen faces Griffin at the UFC event scheduled for Dec 29, but Jones didn’t waste any time responded to the outspoken former middleweight contender’s verbal jabs.

Jones took to Twitter on Wednesday to unleash on Sonnen after his comments became public on Tuesday.

“The things you say about me hold absolutely no weight,” Jones wrote on Twitter directed at Sonnen’s social networking account. “You disrespected Anderson (Silva) and his country, but fought like a child.”

Jones is referencing Sonnen’s tirades aimed at Silva and his home country of Brazil for months before their rematch at UFC 148. Silva defeated Sonnen by second round TKO to hold onto his UFC middleweight strap.

The UFC’s reigning champion wasn’t done with Sonnen at that point either.

“If you’re going to disrespect me out of nowhere, at least disrespect me to my face like a man,” said Jones. “And you call me a punk. I’m more man than you’ll ever be.”

Jones added on the Twitter hash-tags of ‘coward‘ and ‘cheater‘, which obviously references Sonnen’s 2010 suspension from the sport for elevated levels of testosterone.

For his part, the UFC’s reigning king of the microphone didn’t take long to come back at Jones, and he took to Twitter as well with one final response.

“Oh I plan to,” wrote Sonnen. “By the way, how long did it take your parents to come up with your name, Jon Jones.

“Advice to Jon Jones. Take some of that Nike money, hire new writers.”

Sonnen then created his own Twitter hash-tag with ‘creative‘ to launch an attack back aimed at Jones and his parents.

The last message from Jones was simply a warning to Sonnen if he ever earns a shot at the UFC light heavyweight belt.

“Dude, you’re not worth my time,” said Jones. “Earn a title shot instead of trying to talk your way into one and I’ll be glad to hurt you.”

Not to be outdone, Sonnen certainly didn’t mind one final shot aimed at Jones’ recent conviction on DWI (driving while under the influence) charges in New York.

“Boarding plane to Oregon now, home of your corporate wage masters,” Sonnen said in reference to Nike’s home offices, which are based in Oregon. “Next time you are in town, knock on my door. Don’t drive.”

http://www.mmaweekly.com/jon-jones-fires-back-at-chael-sonnen-on-twitter-im-more-man-than-youll-ever-be

Jon Jones fires back at Chael Sonnen Hook_110

Face Palm

Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15324

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones fires back at Chael Sonnen   Jon Jones fires back at Chael Sonnen EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 3:45 pm

haha come to my door just dont drive!! oh man that was harsh but funny.

Plus 1 Sonnen.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22850

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones fires back at Chael Sonnen   Jon Jones fires back at Chael Sonnen EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 3:46 pm

That image you added says it all. Jones played right into Chael's game... and no one wins a battle of wit and words against Sonnen.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59444

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones fires back at Chael Sonnen   Jon Jones fires back at Chael Sonnen EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 3:55 pm

Yeah, all you're going to do is give Sonnen exactly what he wants:
Exposure.

Sonnen is celebrating right now, because he knows this is going to get him closer to another title shot much faster than he could have done by performance alone.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5731

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones fires back at Chael Sonnen   Jon Jones fires back at Chael Sonnen EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 6:01 pm

Uh oh ... Chael is picking on a guy who speaks fluent English... now we shall see his full verbal and written ability against an armed man.

“Dude, you’re not worth my time,” said Jones. “Earn a title shot instead of trying to talk your way into one and I’ll be glad to hurt you.”

Heh Chael better be careful what he is wishing for.
Back to top Go down
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
the commie

Standard Cash : 7959

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones fires back at Chael Sonnen   Jon Jones fires back at Chael Sonnen EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 7:24 pm

just because english is jones's first language, does not mean he is fluent and armed.
sonnen will destroy his in trash talking
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35192

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones fires back at Chael Sonnen   Jon Jones fires back at Chael Sonnen EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 8:04 pm

Sonnen is the best!
I rarely (if at all) enjoy watching him fight.
But, he is the best.
Back to top Go down
DEP
Internet Troll Champion!
Internet Troll Champion!
DEP

Standard Cash : 9483

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones fires back at Chael Sonnen   Jon Jones fires back at Chael Sonnen EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 8:13 pm

Sonnen was such a knob back in the WEC too. I think someone got in his ear about developing a personality but never told him when enough is enough. And obviously Sonnen cant draw that line himself, which is fine with me. It's not going to be my face that Jones is beating inside out lol...
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

Standard Cash : 10305

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones fires back at Chael Sonnen   Jon Jones fires back at Chael Sonnen EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 9:50 pm

Sonnen will win the war of words...but if he thought Anderson beat him up a little wait until he gets in the octagon with Jones...Jones is like a bigger more muscular version of Anderson, with the same speed and striking skills. Put a fork in Chael...cause he'll be done.

hahahahahahaha...that was so corny I can't believe I typed it.

But seriously, Jones will destroy Chael FAR worse than Anderson did.
Back to top Go down
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
the commie

Standard Cash : 7959

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones fires back at Chael Sonnen   Jon Jones fires back at Chael Sonnen EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 11:26 pm

yea, jones is much more muscular and stronger than anderson, and his wrestling, takedowns are head above but you cant say his striking is on the same level. not even close.
really..anderson is the best striker in mma
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5731

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones fires back at Chael Sonnen   Jon Jones fires back at Chael Sonnen EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 7:44 pm

the commie wrote:
just because english is jones's first language, does not mean he is fluent and armed.
sonnen will destroy his in trash talking

It is rumored that Sonnen is using TTRT (Trash Talking Roid Therapy) a hormone replacement that allows a Trash Talker to speak faster and with greater vocal dexterity than their opponents. Fucking Cheater.... man up and meet a brother on a level Trash Talking playing field.

study
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones fires back at Chael Sonnen   Jon Jones fires back at Chael Sonnen Empty

Back to top Go down

Jon Jones fires back at Chael Sonnen
Page 1 of 1