The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
White: Anderson Silva and Jon Jones Might Reconsider Superfight Vote_lcapWhite: Anderson Silva and Jon Jones Might Reconsider Superfight Voting_barWhite: Anderson Silva and Jon Jones Might Reconsider Superfight Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
White: Anderson Silva and Jon Jones Might Reconsider Superfight Vote_lcapWhite: Anderson Silva and Jon Jones Might Reconsider Superfight Voting_barWhite: Anderson Silva and Jon Jones Might Reconsider Superfight Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

White: Anderson Silva and Jon Jones Might Reconsider Superfight

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22859

White: Anderson Silva and Jon Jones Might Reconsider Superfight Empty
PostSubject: White: Anderson Silva and Jon Jones Might Reconsider Superfight   White: Anderson Silva and Jon Jones Might Reconsider Superfight EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 11:37 am

Quote :
Just two days after suggesting the blockbuster bout between middleweight king Anderson Silva (Pictured) and light heavyweight champ Jon Jones probably wouldn’t come to fruition, a giggly UFC president Dana White changed his tune Monday on The Jim Rome Show.

White didn’t stop there regarding fantasy fights. He said the Octagon’s reining welterweight champion is also a potential player for a superfight against “The Spider.”

“[Silva] wants to stay at 185 [pounds], but I’ll tell ya, there’s a lot of interesting things out there that we could do,” White stated. “A lot of people have been asking for a pound-for-pound-type fight, either against Georges St-Pierre or Jonny ‘Bones’ Jones at 205.”

Outside of Silva’s advanced age – at 37, he is 13 years Jones’ senior – both superstars have also gone on record declaring their disinterest in the shootout.

“Him and Jones are both saying they don’t want the fight, but we’ll see what happens,” White said while giggling. “No, they’re not friends. I think there’s just a respect level, ‘Hey, I’m the king at 205, you’re the king at 185.’ They respect each other.”

Although Silva and Jones have said they don’t want to tango, money also speaks a universal language, and White believes they’ll reconsider once the financial terms are placed in front of them.

“I think they might [change their minds],” White expressed as he was once again giggling. “I always tell you this, and it’s the truth, I’m in the business of making the fight the fans want to see. There’s still a lot of interesting things for [Silva] at 185, but we’ll see what happens.
source
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35201

PostSubject: Re: White: Anderson Silva and Jon Jones Might Reconsider Superfight   White: Anderson Silva and Jon Jones Might Reconsider Superfight EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 1:36 pm

I really like the idea of this superfight. However, I would like it better as a "last fight before retiring" type of thing.

I still don't think he's cleaned out the division. I'd like to see if Bisping could earn a title fight, and given the quickness of the fight, would like to see a Vitor rematch.

This is the way I see it. You have Bisping, Vitor, and the winner of Weidman/Munoz. I think you could give one the next shot while the other two fight for a #1 contender spot. Once Anderson cleans them out, do the super fight and retire as the best ever.

The only thing that could throw a wrench in my idea is if Shields decides to tear through Herman and then a top guy in the division to earn a shot as well.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12619

PostSubject: Re: White: Anderson Silva and Jon Jones Might Reconsider Superfight   White: Anderson Silva and Jon Jones Might Reconsider Superfight EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 7:15 am

I would like to see him fight Munoz or Belcher.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: White: Anderson Silva and Jon Jones Might Reconsider Superfight   White: Anderson Silva and Jon Jones Might Reconsider Superfight Empty

Back to top Go down

White: Anderson Silva and Jon Jones Might Reconsider Superfight
Page 1 of 1