The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Should Koscheck seek heavier pastures after this weekend? Vote_lcapShould Koscheck seek heavier pastures after this weekend? Voting_barShould Koscheck seek heavier pastures after this weekend? Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Should Koscheck seek heavier pastures after this weekend? Vote_lcapShould Koscheck seek heavier pastures after this weekend? Voting_barShould Koscheck seek heavier pastures after this weekend? Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Should Koscheck seek heavier pastures after this weekend?

Go down 
+4
Gecko
butterknifeninja
Krieger
Chrom
8 posters

Yes
Should Koscheck seek heavier pastures after this weekend? Vote_lcap71%Should Koscheck seek heavier pastures after this weekend? Vote_rcap
 71% [ 5 ]
No
Should Koscheck seek heavier pastures after this weekend? Vote_lcap29%Should Koscheck seek heavier pastures after this weekend? Vote_rcap
 29% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 7

AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22837

Should Koscheck seek heavier pastures after this weekend? Empty
PostSubject: Should Koscheck seek heavier pastures after this weekend?   Should Koscheck seek heavier pastures after this weekend? EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 7:43 pm

Should Koscheck seek heavier pastures after this weekend? Kosche10
Quote :
Since the end of the first season of the ultimate fighter, UFC on FOX 3 competitor Josh Koscheck has been a staple in the welterweight division. Saturday night will be his 20th fight in the UFC since 2005, (which is more than any other UFC fighter in that time). Koscheck has fought current welterweight champion Georges St. Pierre twice, both times on the wrong end of a unanimous decision. The odds are against a third fight with the champ, or with anyone who may dethrone him; as the welterweight division is deep with up and coming prospects. So the question can be asked, is it time for Josh to move up to middleweight?

The middleweight landscape is not as wide open as the welterweight division is. The list of contenders is slim at best, after current champ Anderson Silva fights Chael Sonnen in July the contenders list falls off a bit. Guys like mark Munoz, Michael Bisping, and newly signed Bellator champion hector Lombard are “in the mix”, but lack signature wins to propel themselves into #1 contender status.

“Kos” on the other hand is a solidified fighter, who has fought at middleweight before (albeit during the season of TUF he was on). Though some may say he would be small for middleweight, Koscheck himself has said he walks around close to 200 lbs before beginning training camp. His record in the UFC alone (15-5) is almost worthy of a middleweight title shot considering some of the past challengers to “The Spider”. A win over one of the before mentioned fighters could get him to that title shot.

Win or lose Saturday Josh Koscheck is stuck in quicksand in the 170 lb. division; with no way out of it. No chance of a title shot in sight
souce
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5718

PostSubject: Re: Should Koscheck seek heavier pastures after this weekend?   Should Koscheck seek heavier pastures after this weekend? EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 8:12 pm

Hes gotta move somewhere cause the ww div aint gonna pan gold for awhile.
Back to top Go down
butterknifeninja
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
butterknifeninja

Standard Cash : 3994

PostSubject: Re: Should Koscheck seek heavier pastures after this weekend?   Should Koscheck seek heavier pastures after this weekend? EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 10:12 pm

I'm in support of any move that gets Koscheck a good ass kicking
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15311

PostSubject: Re: Should Koscheck seek heavier pastures after this weekend?   Should Koscheck seek heavier pastures after this weekend? EmptyTue May 01, 2012 9:40 am

butterknifeninja wrote:
I'm in support of any move that gets Koscheck a good ass kicking

1000% agree. I know kos and bisping have some bad blood and i remember bisping named one of his donkeys koscheck too...lol I would love to see Bisping beat the piss out of him. If Bonnar could make 185 i would love to see bonnar and koscheck as well. Those 2 really dont lik each other.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35179

PostSubject: Re: Should Koscheck seek heavier pastures after this weekend?   Should Koscheck seek heavier pastures after this weekend? EmptyTue May 01, 2012 10:16 am

Let's see if he can get by hendricks first. This fight almost definitely goes to a decision, so anything can happen there.

If he beats Hendricks, I'd have no problem with Kos fighting Bisping for a title shot.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59431

PostSubject: Re: Should Koscheck seek heavier pastures after this weekend?   Should Koscheck seek heavier pastures after this weekend? EmptyTue May 01, 2012 2:51 pm

Hendricks is gonna force him to 185.

I'd love to see Koscheck fight Leben. They got a little bad blood from TUF 1. Come to think of it, Koscheck seems to have blood with everybody at 185.

Go up. Please.
Back to top Go down
9Teen_AT4
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
9Teen_AT4

Standard Cash : 7693

PostSubject: Re: Should Koscheck seek heavier pastures after this weekend?   Should Koscheck seek heavier pastures after this weekend? EmptyTue May 01, 2012 7:57 pm

I hope Hendricks KO's Koscheck into 185lbs.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

Standard Cash : 10292

PostSubject: Re: Should Koscheck seek heavier pastures after this weekend?   Should Koscheck seek heavier pastures after this weekend? EmptyWed May 02, 2012 10:36 am

I guess if we view it as any other career is it really necessary that all fighters always be in the lookout for a potential title shot? I mean, not everyone at my job is wants to be the owner of the company someday...most of us are content in the lowly spot we're at. Same with some fighters...I'd say if he's making some money and putting on exciting fights, I have no reason to think he should move weight classes.

Unless of course it means getting his ass kicked...then I'm all for it Smile
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: Should Koscheck seek heavier pastures after this weekend?   Should Koscheck seek heavier pastures after this weekend? EmptyWed May 02, 2012 12:38 pm

^^ Heh .... I shall wait for others to jump on this concept and then I will pile on! Bruce Lee
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: Should Koscheck seek heavier pastures after this weekend?   Should Koscheck seek heavier pastures after this weekend? EmptyWed May 02, 2012 2:26 pm

I'm a big boy I can take it!
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59431

PostSubject: Re: Should Koscheck seek heavier pastures after this weekend?   Should Koscheck seek heavier pastures after this weekend? EmptyWed May 02, 2012 2:39 pm

I'll jump in here;

I want to be the best at my job. Does that mean I want to move up the ladder and be the best owner of companies? No. It means I want to be the best engineer in my small corner of the world.

So I guess from my standpoint, it would mean that yes; If I was a pro MMA fighter, I would want to be the best at it. That doesn't mean that I would want to take Dana's job. It just means that I want to be better than everybody else who has the same job as me.
Back to top Go down
9Teen_AT4
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
9Teen_AT4

Standard Cash : 7693

PostSubject: Re: Should Koscheck seek heavier pastures after this weekend?   Should Koscheck seek heavier pastures after this weekend? EmptyWed May 02, 2012 7:14 pm

samger2 wrote:
I guess if we view it as any other career is it really necessary that all fighters always be in the lookout for a potential title shot? I mean, not everyone at my job is wants to be the owner of the company someday...most of us are content in the lowly spot we're at. Same with some fighters...I'd say if he's making some money and putting on exciting fights, I have no reason to think he should move weight classes.

Unless of course it means getting his ass kicked...then I'm all for it Smile

Goddamn Sam ! This shytt is awesome lol. It made me lol because of the way you put it.

+1
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: Should Koscheck seek heavier pastures after this weekend?   Should Koscheck seek heavier pastures after this weekend? EmptyThu May 03, 2012 10:33 am

I guess most of it comes from my disgruntlement at work...I, for one, don't want to be the best at my job...because being the best parts counter guy at a car dealership doesn't really pack a whole lot of punch in the grand scheme of things. I'd say I have a fairly insignificant job. Now maybe if I were a brain surgeon then yeah...I'd strive to be the best in the universe...but there's only so many different ways I can look up an oil filter housing gasket and be the "best I can be" at it...
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: Should Koscheck seek heavier pastures after this weekend?   Should Koscheck seek heavier pastures after this weekend? EmptyFri May 04, 2012 8:45 am

I love the counter guy that actually helps me keep my car on the road. Today thats waaay more important to me than the best brain surgeon.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: Should Koscheck seek heavier pastures after this weekend?   Should Koscheck seek heavier pastures after this weekend? EmptySat May 05, 2012 9:35 am

Thanks Krieger. I guess I'm just beaten down from it...I've been doing it or something similar since I was about 19 and I'll be 36 this month....it's just amazing to me the importance people put on their cars and the way they neglect the the truly important things...like the guy that is metal on metal on his brakes, but he chooses to fix his door speaker and neglect the brakes...hopefully I'm never next to that guy on the road when he has to stop.

Sorry for getting off topic....game on!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should Koscheck seek heavier pastures after this weekend?   Should Koscheck seek heavier pastures after this weekend? Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1