The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Interview with the guy I know Jeff Smith... Vote_lcapInterview with the guy I know Jeff Smith... Voting_barInterview with the guy I know Jeff Smith... Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Interview with the guy I know Jeff Smith... Vote_lcapInterview with the guy I know Jeff Smith... Voting_barInterview with the guy I know Jeff Smith... Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Interview with the guy I know Jeff Smith...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12619

Interview with the guy I know Jeff Smith... Empty
PostSubject: Interview with the guy I know Jeff Smith...   Interview with the guy I know Jeff Smith... EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 7:49 am

Hey Fellas,

About a month ago I made a post that I knew someone (Jeff Smith) trying out for TUF http://www.mmastandard.net/t1123-i-kinda-know-someone-on-the-new-tuf-haha

Well, unfortunately he lost his fight to get into the house, but I 110% think he got jobbed. He really won that fight. I have watched it 10 times and I have talked to him a few times since and he got hosed. He kicked the guys ass in the standup, landed a spinning back kick, was way more aggressive and when he got him on the ground he was light years ahead of him. His opponent also tapped to a knee bar, but the ref didnt see it. Not sure if you guys remember that fight or not, but all bias aside i was REALLY impressed with the way he fought. The only reason he lost was that he got taken down with 90 seconds left in the fight and Larsen (who just got his ass kicked by Mike on Team Faber) rode him until the bell, but that should not have been enough to win after all the damage Jeff had done.

Anyways, I think he has an awesome future ahead of him and here is a short interview with him about the experience.

http://cagejunkies.com/2012/04/jeff-smith-life-after-tuf-live/
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the guy I know Jeff Smith...   Interview with the guy I know Jeff Smith... EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 9:59 pm

confused
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59453

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the guy I know Jeff Smith...   Interview with the guy I know Jeff Smith... EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 10:33 pm

Don't feel bad. if I had a nickel for every time I posted a topic that got 0 replies, I'd have, like, 85 cents.

Hey, at least you got a rep point!
Back to top Go down
9Teen_AT4
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
9Teen_AT4

Standard Cash : 7715

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the guy I know Jeff Smith...   Interview with the guy I know Jeff Smith... EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 11:55 pm

Hello Joe, Iron Helps Us Play, Muahaha, From Now on the baby Sleeps in the crib
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the guy I know Jeff Smith...   Interview with the guy I know Jeff Smith... EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 2:42 pm

Not many seemed to care the first time around, but just in case.

Jeff just signed on to fight on Sept 28th in Ballator. He is fighting Alexandre Bezerra which is a tough ass first fight, but hopefully its his chance to shine.

WAR JEFF SMITH!
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59453

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the guy I know Jeff Smith...   Interview with the guy I know Jeff Smith... EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 3:11 pm

Movin up! Good for him.

Maybe if gets the W he will make the main card for his next fight.
WAR BEING ON TV!!!
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22859

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the guy I know Jeff Smith...   Interview with the guy I know Jeff Smith... EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 6:34 pm

Any word on if he will be signed onto a multi fight deal, if he wins?
and I agree he got blatantly screwed in that TUF fight.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the guy I know Jeff Smith...   Interview with the guy I know Jeff Smith... EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 7:04 am

I dont think he has signed a multi fight deal yet, but I am not sure. I asked him if his fight was a part of the tournament and he said, "its just a regular bellator fight, if i do well i might get in the tourny"

That's all I know so far, but I will talk to him again in a few days I think.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22859

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the guy I know Jeff Smith...   Interview with the guy I know Jeff Smith... EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 10:12 am

^Yeah, that seems to be the pattern at Bellator. If you win and especially if you look good doing it you will get brought on for a longer term. Does he have a manager and is he looking for any sponsors for his fight coming up?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the guy I know Jeff Smith...   Interview with the guy I know Jeff Smith... Empty

Back to top Go down

Interview with the guy I know Jeff Smith...
Page 1 of 1