The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
*Spoilers*UFC on FOX 2: Evans/Davis Prelims + Event Live Discussion - Page 2 Vote_lcap*Spoilers*UFC on FOX 2: Evans/Davis Prelims + Event Live Discussion - Page 2 Voting_bar*Spoilers*UFC on FOX 2: Evans/Davis Prelims + Event Live Discussion - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
*Spoilers*UFC on FOX 2: Evans/Davis Prelims + Event Live Discussion - Page 2 Vote_lcap*Spoilers*UFC on FOX 2: Evans/Davis Prelims + Event Live Discussion - Page 2 Voting_bar*Spoilers*UFC on FOX 2: Evans/Davis Prelims + Event Live Discussion - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

*Spoilers*UFC on FOX 2: Evans/Davis Prelims + Event Live Discussion

Go down 
+13
Dremora
lambhimself
Gecko
stock
Grey Suit
Chrom
ChokingVictim
drainbamage
Snake Five
norcalmatt
samger2
butterknifeninja
9Teen_AT4
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15333

*Spoilers*UFC on FOX 2: Evans/Davis Prelims + Event Live Discussion - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: *Spoilers*UFC on FOX 2: Evans/Davis Prelims + Event Live Discussion   *Spoilers*UFC on FOX 2: Evans/Davis Prelims + Event Live Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 8:13 am

side not how is chael holding bisping on the ground worth more than bisping keeps chael pinned up against the cage. Bisping pinned chael up on the cage for a lot longer than chael had bisping on the ground. Oh well Mike got screwed big time like lots like saying about hamill, i bet if this fight was anywhere else besides the U.S bisping would have won that fight.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

*Spoilers*UFC on FOX 2: Evans/Davis Prelims + Event Live Discussion - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: *Spoilers*UFC on FOX 2: Evans/Davis Prelims + Event Live Discussion   *Spoilers*UFC on FOX 2: Evans/Davis Prelims + Event Live Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 8:27 am

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news;_ylt=AhqQl.C6M5x_6CHdLcZNebY9Eo14?slug=ycn-10899619

even the guys at yahoo sports said they had bisping 2 rounds to 1 and also added that who ever gave that fight the 30-27 call should be ashamed.

so now we have news outlet,Dana,rogan, and chael all saying bisping won.

Back to top Go down
lambhimself
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
lambhimself

Standard Cash : 5932

PostSubject: Re: *Spoilers*UFC on FOX 2: Evans/Davis Prelims + Event Live Discussion   *Spoilers*UFC on FOX 2: Evans/Davis Prelims + Event Live Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 8:31 am

Disagree in the comparison to the Hamill fight, as Hamil did win outright imo;

as most are saying. Chael 1st Round, Bisping 2nd ROund, Chael 3rd round.

I had it 29 - 28 all day, the judges who had it 30 - 27 were clearly not scoring the cage work as high as the takedowns imo. Don't agree with 30 - 27 at all though.

- Chael looked tired/gassed, completely dominated round 3 until the end or Silva Time as I like
to refer to it in Sonnen fights.

Talk of robbery in this instance are just foolish, I am with Chrom; tell me in not whining terms
how Bisping won any of the rounds other than the 2nd and I will take them into consideration for sure.
Back to top Go down
lambhimself
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
lambhimself

PostSubject: Re: *Spoilers*UFC on FOX 2: Evans/Davis Prelims + Event Live Discussion   *Spoilers*UFC on FOX 2: Evans/Davis Prelims + Event Live Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 8:33 am

Of course Sonnen is going to say that now, he won the fight; and loves controversy and being the center of attention. If anything he is being respectful of a guy who put him through a great fight, that he also doesn't have to worry about fighting anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

PostSubject: Re: *Spoilers*UFC on FOX 2: Evans/Davis Prelims + Event Live Discussion   *Spoilers*UFC on FOX 2: Evans/Davis Prelims + Event Live Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 8:59 am

lambhimself wrote:
Of course Sonnen is going to say that now, he won the fight; and loves controversy and being the center of attention. If anything he is being respectful of a guy who put him through a great fight, that he also doesn't have to worry about fighting anytime soon.

Maybe not though, I will find the link but dana said Bisping could only be 1 win from getting a shot reguardless. Which makes sense seeing Chael is getting one after 1 win and 1 debatable win.

I still have a hard time seeing how chael won this. When every one within the ufc except for the judges saw it in bisping favors. I even remembered right before the beginning of the 3rd Rogan and goldberg both said chael needs to step this up cause they both had bisping winning rounds 1 and 2. I give mad props to bisping for being the bigger guy taking his loss and not going off the deep end like chael did when Silva beat him. Reguardless that fight right there proves Bisping is easily top 10 and imo he is a top 5 middle weight.

Last edited by Gecko on Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lambhimself
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
lambhimself

PostSubject: Re: *Spoilers*UFC on FOX 2: Evans/Davis Prelims + Event Live Discussion   *Spoilers*UFC on FOX 2: Evans/Davis Prelims + Event Live Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 9:00 am

To get away from the drama for a minute,

my breakdown on the other fights I seen:

Rashad and Davis - I think Rashad totally outworked Davis, controlled him on the ground when
they were wrestling and was all around the faster fighter on his feet. I do\
think, Davis was finding some success with his kicking intially; but was
telegraphing and not setting them up so Evans couldn't take him down with
them. \

Wiedman - Maia - Although Wiedman was clearly gassed, as both fighters were: I had him win
this fihgt on my scorecard but it was a pretty close fight. and I totally agree
with whoever said the Gurgel thing about his striking, get back to what wins\
you fights pal; Or strike for a round see how it goes and then hit the mat.
Back to top Go down
lambhimself
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
lambhimself

PostSubject: Re: *Spoilers*UFC on FOX 2: Evans/Davis Prelims + Event Live Discussion   *Spoilers*UFC on FOX 2: Evans/Davis Prelims + Event Live Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 9:03 am

Gecko wrote:
lambhimself wrote:

Maybe not though, I will find the link but dana said Bisping could only be 1 win from getting a shot reguardless. Whicj makes sense seeing Chael is getting one after 1 win and 1 debatable win.

I still have a hard seeing chael won this. When every one within the ufc except for the judges saw it i bisping favors. I even remebered right before the beginning of the 3rd Rogan and goldberg both said chael needs to step this up cause they both had bisping winning rounds 1 and 2. I give mad props to bisping for being the bigger guy taking his loss and not going off the deep end like chael did when Silva beat him. Reguardless that fight right there proves Bisping is easily top 10 and imo he is a top 5 middle weight.

I gained a lot of respect for Bisping in this fight, as I saw Sonnen as a huge test for Bisping. I thought Bisping fought a great fight without a doubt and had anticipated a split win for Sonnen or a unanimous 29-28 for Sonnen.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

PostSubject: Re: *Spoilers*UFC on FOX 2: Evans/Davis Prelims + Event Live Discussion   *Spoilers*UFC on FOX 2: Evans/Davis Prelims + Event Live Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 9:06 am

lambhimself wrote:
To get away from the drama for a minute,

my breakdown on the other fights I seen:

Rashad and Davis - I think Rashad totally outworked Davis, controlled him on the ground when
they were wrestling and was all around the faster fighter on his feet. I do\
think, Davis was finding some success with his kicking intially; but was
telegraphing and not setting them up so Evans couldn't take him down with
them. \

Wiedman - Maia - Although Wiedman was clearly gassed, as both fighters were: I had him win
this fihgt on my scorecard but it was a pretty close fight. and I totally agree
with whoever said the Gurgel thing about his striking, get back to what wins\
you fights pal; Or strike for a round see how it goes and then hit the mat.

I am a pretty big Maia fan as well and i agree i had wiedman winning that fight. side note Bisping would have destroyed maia with the way Maia fought that night. maia getting wiedman on the last minute i think was the only factor that made that fight close. I can easily excuse wiedman cardio not being the best getting a fight on 10 days notice isnt a lot time to prepare but maia was very disappointing and that link i put in there they are saying maia is going to the undercards now until he can prove himself again.
Back to top Go down
Dremora
Training Dummy
Training Dummy

Standard Cash : 4712

PostSubject: Re: *Spoilers*UFC on FOX 2: Evans/Davis Prelims + Event Live Discussion   *Spoilers*UFC on FOX 2: Evans/Davis Prelims + Event Live Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 1:10 pm

I thought Bisping could have won the fight. It was pretty close 1st round and could have gone either way. 2nd round was Bispings and 3rd was Sonnens.

Whoever scored it 30-27 needs to be fired. The UFC wants to be recognized as a legit sport, so I don't understand why they don't kick up a big fuss about the shit judges they are given.

Bisping was really impressive, I thought he was going to get dominated. I wonder how the fight would have gone if they both had time to prepare for each other properly.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59453

PostSubject: Re: *Spoilers*UFC on FOX 2: Evans/Davis Prelims + Event Live Discussion   *Spoilers*UFC on FOX 2: Evans/Davis Prelims + Event Live Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 8:11 pm

I was genuinely shocked when they announced the decision went to Sonnen. I mean my jaw literally dropped.

I don't really feel the need to try to convince anybody or convert anybody's opinion. I saw the fight, and I saw Bisping win the fight.
I agree with Gecko that Bisping probably had to get a finish to get a win because of all the Sonnen rematch hype. I don't like Bisping, but it's unfortunate for him that he was fighting more than just Sonnen in there.

The worst part was Sonnen's post fight interview where he was acting like he just blew the fucking doors off the place with that performance. Dude, you should be considering yourself lucky to come out of that fight with a win, not singing your own praises.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5740

PostSubject: Re: *Spoilers*UFC on FOX 2: Evans/Davis Prelims + Event Live Discussion   *Spoilers*UFC on FOX 2: Evans/Davis Prelims + Event Live Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 11:25 am

^^^Like I said HUGE Bisping nuthugger^^^

But I agree, I thought Bisping looked good.... did enough to win but ya never know with the judges. The Count has to work on some finishes.

The money fight is Sonnen and Silva. I really don't believe Sonnen will do as well as he did last time. I believe Anderson will hurt him bad.

Seemed to me that Sonnen had a lot of Steroid pimples on his sholders.... did the boy pee in a cup ?
Back to top Go down
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

Standard Cash : 16398

PostSubject: Re: *Spoilers*UFC on FOX 2: Evans/Davis Prelims + Event Live Discussion   *Spoilers*UFC on FOX 2: Evans/Davis Prelims + Event Live Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 12:59 pm

^^^^sonned got busted after the silva fight for hrt, also didnt seem to have the same energy and\or pace he had in the silva fight.....i do believe roids(hrt) was the edge he had in that fight....
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: *Spoilers*UFC on FOX 2: Evans/Davis Prelims + Event Live Discussion   *Spoilers*UFC on FOX 2: Evans/Davis Prelims + Event Live Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 3:26 pm

Krieger wrote:

lol!

Now I'm beginning to wonder. There certainly seems to be a lot of evidence pointing that way lately, doesn't there?

Honestly though, it's more a result of my unabashed hatred of Sonnen than anything else.

I know, it's hard to accept, but you and Gecko are just gonna have to sail this ship on your own. I know it would be awesome to get such a huge power player like myself on the team, but it's just not in the cards.
Smile
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

PostSubject: Re: *Spoilers*UFC on FOX 2: Evans/Davis Prelims + Event Live Discussion   *Spoilers*UFC on FOX 2: Evans/Davis Prelims + Event Live Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 3:29 pm

Triggerman99 wrote:
Krieger wrote:

lol!

Now I'm beginning to wonder. There certainly seems to be a lot of evidence pointing that way lately, doesn't there?

Honestly though, it's more a result of my unabashed hatred of Sonnen than anything else.

I know, it's hard to accept, but you and Gecko are just gonna have to sail this ship on your own. I know it would be awesome to get such a huge power player like myself on the team, but it's just not in the cards.
Smile

I am not giving up on you yet. We bisping fans dont die, we multiply!!!!!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12619

PostSubject: Re: *Spoilers*UFC on FOX 2: Evans/Davis Prelims + Event Live Discussion   *Spoilers*UFC on FOX 2: Evans/Davis Prelims + Event Live Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 7:21 am

I had Sonnen winning the 1st (very close) and 3rd rounds.
Back to top Go down
ToyotaF1Fan
Sparring Partner
Sparring Partner
ToyotaF1Fan

Standard Cash : 5090

PostSubject: Re: *Spoilers*UFC on FOX 2: Evans/Davis Prelims + Event Live Discussion   *Spoilers*UFC on FOX 2: Evans/Davis Prelims + Event Live Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 11:14 am

I despise Chael Sonnen with the fire of a thousand burning suns but that was a super close fight and I would say for sure that one person or another won. I thought it was going to be a split decision for Sonnen solely because of the hype for another Sonnen v. Silva fight. I hope he brings that weak ass game against Silva though, I would like to see him get KTFO.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

Standard Cash : 10314

PostSubject: Re: *Spoilers*UFC on FOX 2: Evans/Davis Prelims + Event Live Discussion   *Spoilers*UFC on FOX 2: Evans/Davis Prelims + Event Live Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 4:57 pm

I couldn't agree more F1Fan...bring that tired, sloppy swinging low cardio no steroid game to Silva....
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: *Spoilers*UFC on FOX 2: Evans/Davis Prelims + Event Live Discussion   *Spoilers*UFC on FOX 2: Evans/Davis Prelims + Event Live Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 5:06 pm

I hope Silva worked on his TDD. I think Silva will win anyway, but if he did up his wrestling game, then it's gonna be downright embarassing judging by the way Sonnen looked against Bisping.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: *Spoilers*UFC on FOX 2: Evans/Davis Prelims + Event Live Discussion   *Spoilers*UFC on FOX 2: Evans/Davis Prelims + Event Live Discussion - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

*Spoilers*UFC on FOX 2: Evans/Davis Prelims + Event Live Discussion
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2