The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Carlo Prater: "Mario Is a Million Times More Competent Than Joe Rogan" Vote_lcapCarlo Prater: "Mario Is a Million Times More Competent Than Joe Rogan" Voting_barCarlo Prater: "Mario Is a Million Times More Competent Than Joe Rogan" Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Carlo Prater: "Mario Is a Million Times More Competent Than Joe Rogan" Vote_lcapCarlo Prater: "Mario Is a Million Times More Competent Than Joe Rogan" Voting_barCarlo Prater: "Mario Is a Million Times More Competent Than Joe Rogan" Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Carlo Prater: "Mario Is a Million Times More Competent Than Joe Rogan"

Go down 
+5
lambhimself
Krieger
Triggerman99
Gecko
Chrom
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22859

Carlo Prater: "Mario Is a Million Times More Competent Than Joe Rogan" Empty
PostSubject: Carlo Prater: "Mario Is a Million Times More Competent Than Joe Rogan"   Carlo Prater: "Mario Is a Million Times More Competent Than Joe Rogan" EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 3:18 pm

"I could see at least nine blows to the back of the head."

Carlo Prater: "Mario Is a Million Times More Competent Than Joe Rogan" Silva-Prater-strikes
Quote :
When Erick Silva stopped his opponent, Carlo Prater, in just 29 seconds at UFC 142, many thought he was going to be awarded the knockout victory. Instead, referee Mario Yamasaki disqualified the 27-year-old for landing a punch to the back of the head of his opponent, giving Prater the win.

"I felt very strong blows in the region of my neck and my right shoulder," Prater told SportTV.com. "I felt very painful shocks. I was trying to overthrow Erick on the floor, out of instinct, but I could not because it was the worst physical pain I've ever had in my entire life.

"I think in the end I was made out as a villain," he continued. "I had to stay in the hospital until Monday. They asked me not to go public because, indeed, that wouldn't do any good for me or Erick. In my opinion, Mario did the right thing. You are not allowed to do anything you want inside the cage. Watching the fight video, I could see at least nine blows to the back of the head."

UFC commentator Joe Rogan was criticized by some for taking the side of Silva and asking Yamasaki if he thought he had made the right decision. After the event, Rogan posted on the underground forums to explain why he thought it was necessary to ask the referee about the decision. He also posted a .gif of the fight's final moments on his Twitter.

"I think the way Joe Rogan behaved was completely unethical," Prater said. "He went with the crowd. A real professional doesn't do that. He was acting like a fan when he should be acting as a commentator.

"Mario is a million time more competent than him. Hes been living off this for 20 years. Joe Rogan is just a swagger, someone who walks amongst fighters but isn't really a fighter himself. He doesn't understand. Whatever, human beings make mistakes and I am not going to be holding grudges against him."

UFC president Dana White awarded Silva his win bonus despite the a loss, which was the first of Silva's UFC career. His overall record is 13-2 with seven submission victories and a first-round knockout victory over Luis Ramos from UFC 134. Prater's record stands at 29-10-1. He also recently entered his 10th year as a professional.
source

Suspect
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15333

PostSubject: Re: Carlo Prater: "Mario Is a Million Times More Competent Than Joe Rogan"   Carlo Prater: "Mario Is a Million Times More Competent Than Joe Rogan" EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 3:33 pm

ummm prater why dont you just focus on fighting and let some one else focus on reffing and commentating....just saying
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59453

PostSubject: Re: Carlo Prater: "Mario Is a Million Times More Competent Than Joe Rogan"   Carlo Prater: "Mario Is a Million Times More Competent Than Joe Rogan" EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 3:36 pm

Uhhh.....

I don't even know why he felt the need to say this. Obviously that's how you feel; you're the guy who got pounded on and awarded the victory.

Oh, and by the way, in case you forgot......

You're Carlo Prater. Shut up.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5740

PostSubject: Re: Carlo Prater: "Mario Is a Million Times More Competent Than Joe Rogan"   Carlo Prater: "Mario Is a Million Times More Competent Than Joe Rogan" EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 4:50 pm

Prater.... whiney little boy biitch.... just shut the helll up and take the cheap win.

Just sayin...
Back to top Go down
lambhimself
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
lambhimself

Standard Cash : 5932

PostSubject: Re: Carlo Prater: "Mario Is a Million Times More Competent Than Joe Rogan"   Carlo Prater: "Mario Is a Million Times More Competent Than Joe Rogan" EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 4:54 pm

Carlo,

Thanks for the 'Standard Cash' as I bet on you as a huge underdog to win.

PS - Your sounding really stupid right now, just shut up...shut up.
Back to top Go down
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

Standard Cash : 16398

PostSubject: Re: Carlo Prater: "Mario Is a Million Times More Competent Than Joe Rogan"   Carlo Prater: "Mario Is a Million Times More Competent Than Joe Rogan" EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 6:38 pm

above statements say it all.......with 1 more thing to add....joe rogan is a fighter you dumb ass....brown belt jits and 4 time state tkd champ.......
Back to top Go down
butterknifeninja
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
butterknifeninja

Standard Cash : 4016

PostSubject: Re: Carlo Prater: "Mario Is a Million Times More Competent Than Joe Rogan"   Carlo Prater: "Mario Is a Million Times More Competent Than Joe Rogan" EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 7:57 pm

Triggerman99 wrote:
Uhhh.....

I don't even know why he felt the need to say this. Obviously that's how you feel; you're the guy who got pounded on and awarded the victory.

Winner
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12619

PostSubject: Re: Carlo Prater: "Mario Is a Million Times More Competent Than Joe Rogan"   Carlo Prater: "Mario Is a Million Times More Competent Than Joe Rogan" EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 10:12 am

Triggerman99 wrote:
Uhhh.....

This.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35201

PostSubject: Re: Carlo Prater: "Mario Is a Million Times More Competent Than Joe Rogan"   Carlo Prater: "Mario Is a Million Times More Competent Than Joe Rogan" EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 10:47 am

I can't disagree with any post so far.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Carlo Prater: "Mario Is a Million Times More Competent Than Joe Rogan"   Carlo Prater: "Mario Is a Million Times More Competent Than Joe Rogan" Empty

Back to top Go down

Carlo Prater: "Mario Is a Million Times More Competent Than Joe Rogan"
Page 1 of 1