The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Munoz out, Bisping in. Winner gets title shot. - Page 2 Vote_lcapMunoz out, Bisping in. Winner gets title shot. - Page 2 Voting_barMunoz out, Bisping in. Winner gets title shot. - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Munoz out, Bisping in. Winner gets title shot. - Page 2 Vote_lcapMunoz out, Bisping in. Winner gets title shot. - Page 2 Voting_barMunoz out, Bisping in. Winner gets title shot. - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Munoz out, Bisping in. Winner gets title shot.

Go down 
+10
Snake Five
Gecko
norcalmatt
9Teen_AT4
samger2
couture fan
lambhimself
Berserk
Chrom
Triggerman99
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
lambhimself
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
lambhimself

Standard Cash : 5932

Munoz out, Bisping in. Winner gets title shot. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Munoz out, Bisping in. Winner gets title shot.   Munoz out, Bisping in. Winner gets title shot. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 1:29 pm

Gecko wrote:
Chrom wrote:
You said "all mighty Fedor" so there for you're statement is null and void Very Happy

HAHA i have no retort to that, you have me there. cheers

But to be honest, i would have rathered seen bisping fight maia first, that would have been a good tune up fight to prepare for sonnen. I will say Sonnen is probably one of bispings biggest fights to date and will not be an easy win. But say what you will about the guy you have to give some credit to Bisping for taking such a high profile fight and so much on the line on just 10 days notice.

Ohh, you played your Queen to early my friend; now we all know what your excuse is going to be when Chael
whoops Bisping.

I just hope Bisping doesn`t upset me again in the betting, I am going all in on Chael I would assume and that is not even cause I love Chael or anything; just because Bisping will lose.

Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59453

PostSubject: Re: Munoz out, Bisping in. Winner gets title shot.   Munoz out, Bisping in. Winner gets title shot. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 2:17 pm

I have to say that I was gonna jump in here and debate with Gecko about why everyone hates Bisping and he shouldn't be surprised that everyone wants to see him lose. But then I read some of his posts about how he is sick of people bashing on Bisping and I noticed how a lot of people seem to not have the ability to draw the line between disliking the guy/wanting to see him lose and looking at him objectively as a fighter, and it seemed very familiar to me......
Then I remembered that I am a Nick Diaz fan, and I have been squarely in Gecko's shoes on several occasions- especially lately.

So go on Gecko, fight the good fight! Just don't expect to change any minds....ever! No matter what Bisping does.

lol!
Back to top Go down
9Teen_AT4
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
9Teen_AT4

Standard Cash : 7715

PostSubject: Re: Munoz out, Bisping in. Winner gets title shot.   Munoz out, Bisping in. Winner gets title shot. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 2:24 pm

Gecko wrote:
War Bisping!!!!! Your time has come to claim that gold that you so deserve. Plus peiople, chael may be able to get bisping to the ground but i dont think chael can keep him there either.

UD for Bisping.

Munoz out, Bisping in. Winner gets title shot. - Page 2 Are-you-crazy
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

Standard Cash : 10314

PostSubject: Re: Munoz out, Bisping in. Winner gets title shot.   Munoz out, Bisping in. Winner gets title shot. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 3:07 pm

I have no problems admitting that I base my judgement soley on character and attitude in this case. I'm not saying it's the best way to judge when looking at a fighter, but I can't help it. Mike Prickey McPricksalot vs Chael Dick McDicksabunch.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15333

PostSubject: Re: Munoz out, Bisping in. Winner gets title shot.   Munoz out, Bisping in. Winner gets title shot. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 3:17 pm

lambhimself wrote:
Gecko wrote:
Chrom wrote:
You said "all mighty Fedor" so there for you're statement is null and void Very Happy

HAHA i have no retort to that, you have me there. cheers

But to be honest, i would have rathered seen bisping fight maia first, that would have been a good tune up fight to prepare for sonnen. I will say Sonnen is probably one of bispings biggest fights to date and will not be an easy win. But say what you will about the guy you have to give some credit to Bisping for taking such a high profile fight and so much on the line on just 10 days notice.

Ohh, you played your Queen to early my friend; now we all know what your excuse is going to be when Chael
whoops Bisping.

I just hope Bisping doesn`t upset me again in the betting, I am going all in on Chael I would assume and that is not even cause I love Chael or anything; just because Bisping will lose.

oh dont get me wrong i will be putting it all on bisping and i do beleave he has a good chance at winning this. I was more or less saying a lot fighters would have walked from that oppertunity with only 10 days to prepare for it and could cost them a possible title shot. Bisping is obvously a true fighter and Dana has said before too there hasnt been one time bisping has turned down a fight they have presented to him.
Back to top Go down
Dremora
Training Dummy
Training Dummy

Standard Cash : 4712

PostSubject: Re: Munoz out, Bisping in. Winner gets title shot.   Munoz out, Bisping in. Winner gets title shot. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 3:34 pm

I'm a Bisping fan, but I think Sonnen is the worst sort of fight for him. Bisping is better at wrestling than most brits and he gets back to his feet better than almost anyone, but Sonnen will outscore him with takedowns even if Bisping gets straight back up. I don't think Bisping has the KO power to catch Sonnen and his BJJ is very good for defensive work, he hasn't exactly submitted anyone before has he? lol

Even so....WAR BISPING
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22859

PostSubject: Re: Munoz out, Bisping in. Winner gets title shot.   Munoz out, Bisping in. Winner gets title shot. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 5:26 pm

Anyone down for an Avatar or Sig bet?
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: Munoz out, Bisping in. Winner gets title shot.   Munoz out, Bisping in. Winner gets title shot. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 5:43 pm

I'm definitely down...I'm going Chael on this one
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5740

PostSubject: Re: Munoz out, Bisping in. Winner gets title shot.   Munoz out, Bisping in. Winner gets title shot. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 6:49 pm

Heh WAR GECKO! Sorry man wasn't here to have your back .... but you are 100% correct.. The Count will out box Sonnen on his feet and will have no fear of him on the ground. The Count's skills have been improving every fight. He has always been a dynamic fighter constantly working hard to improve each and every fight.

Sonnen? Well Sonnen has blown his load... he has nothing left... he is a huffing puffing, criminal convict, substance abusing, cheat who has little or no character, likes to attack other fighters women, abuses ring girls and I heard he likes to have unnatural sex with dead kittens. (Well MAYBE not the kitten part but I'm still looking into it.)

Sonnen had his shot at Anderson and tapped like a little bitch .... and then whined about it repeatedly and endlessly. He's an attention whore who will quickly fade from the mma scene when defeated only to be seen panhandling outside future event sites saying ...
"I was a contender."

Metal Metal WAR BISPING Metal Metal
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

PostSubject: Re: Munoz out, Bisping in. Winner gets title shot.   Munoz out, Bisping in. Winner gets title shot. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 8:02 am

Krieger wrote:
Heh WAR GECKO! Sorry man wasn't here to have your back .... but you are 100% correct.. The Count will out box Sonnen on his feet and will have no fear of him on the ground. The Count's skills have been improving every fight. He has always been a dynamic fighter constantly working hard to improve each and every fight.

Sonnen? Well Sonnen has blown his load... he has nothing left... he is a huffing puffing, criminal convict, substance abusing, cheat who has little or no character, likes to attack other fighters women, abuses ring girls and I heard he likes to have unnatural sex with dead kittens. (Well MAYBE not the kitten part but I'm still looking into it.)

Sonnen had his shot at Anderson and tapped like a little bitch .... and then whined about it repeatedly and endlessly. He's an attention whore who will quickly fade from the mma scene when defeated only to be seen panhandling outside future event sites saying ...
"I was a contender."

Metal Metal WAR BISPING Metal Metal

HAHAHA on my god that kitten remark had me rolling on the ground. I couldnt agree with you more there buddy.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

PostSubject: Re: Munoz out, Bisping in. Winner gets title shot.   Munoz out, Bisping in. Winner gets title shot. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 8:07 am

Chrom wrote:

You know i have to be. I cant say all of these great things about Bisping without backing it up.

So I will betting it all and i am down for a sig or avatar bet.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5740

PostSubject: Re: Munoz out, Bisping in. Winner gets title shot.   Munoz out, Bisping in. Winner gets title shot. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 9:26 am

Sigh.... I'd be in on it too. All my cash on the count and my well developed and thoughtful Avatar tool
Back to top Go down
lambhimself
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
lambhimself

PostSubject: Re: Munoz out, Bisping in. Winner gets title shot.   Munoz out, Bisping in. Winner gets title shot. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 1:40 pm

Chrom wrote:

Yup, I'm going to go Sonnen.

Regardless of how many strikes Bisping may land or good defense he may pull off when on the ground;
It will be the double digit number of take downs that will win Chael this fight or he'll KO mikey.

Sonnen was a beast against Stann, if he comes out with that intensity again he'll have no problem with Bisping.

Sorry Gecko, Dremora and Krieger.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: Munoz out, Bisping in. Winner gets title shot.   Munoz out, Bisping in. Winner gets title shot. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 3:08 pm

I agree with the statement about Sonnen vs Stann...but I know how MMAth works and I didn't want to get that "he destroyed Stann so he'll destory Bisping" argument.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

PostSubject: Re: Munoz out, Bisping in. Winner gets title shot.   Munoz out, Bisping in. Winner gets title shot. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 3:35 pm

lambhimself wrote:
Chrom wrote:

Yup, I'm going to go Sonnen.

Regardless of how many strikes Bisping may land or good defense he may pull off when on the ground;
It will be the double digit number of take downs that will win Chael this fight or he'll KO mikey.

Sonnen was a beast against Stann, if he comes out with that intensity again he'll have no problem with Bisping.

Sorry Gecko, Dremora and Krieger.

I see what you are saying but there are a lot of differences between Bisping and stann. Stann yes has better ko power i will not argue that but he cant get back to his feet even half way as well as Bisping can. Plus Bisping has better subs and better sub defense IMO. Just those two things alone will make for a harder fight for chael to win. I will also say the same thing to you as i did to chrom, it will be a cold day in hell when chael ko's Bisping. I mean seriously who has he ko'ed to make him even a possible threat? Hell Bisping has twice as many Ko and TKO victories than sonnen does.
Back to top Go down
lambhimself
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
lambhimself

PostSubject: Re: Munoz out, Bisping in. Winner gets title shot.   Munoz out, Bisping in. Winner gets title shot. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 4:23 pm

Stann and Bisping are totally different fighter, I never compared them; just saying if Chael comes in to the fight with the same intensity as he did when he fought Stann; it will be a long night for Bisping.

With regards to the winner facing Silva, I'd be much more interested in seeing Chael fight another 5 rounds and most likely lose again than watch Bisping face Silva and not make it out of round 1 trying to stand with the best in the world.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Munoz out, Bisping in. Winner gets title shot.   Munoz out, Bisping in. Winner gets title shot. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Munoz out, Bisping in. Winner gets title shot.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2