The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Rare Footage: How Emotional Anderson Silva dealt with losses Vote_lcapRare Footage: How Emotional Anderson Silva dealt with losses Voting_barRare Footage: How Emotional Anderson Silva dealt with losses Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Rare Footage: How Emotional Anderson Silva dealt with losses Vote_lcapRare Footage: How Emotional Anderson Silva dealt with losses Voting_barRare Footage: How Emotional Anderson Silva dealt with losses Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Rare Footage: How Emotional Anderson Silva dealt with losses

Go down 
+3
couture fan
Triggerman99
9Teen_AT4
7 posters
AuthorMessage
9Teen_AT4
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
9Teen_AT4

Standard Cash : 7715

Rare Footage: How Emotional Anderson Silva dealt with losses Empty
PostSubject: Rare Footage: How Emotional Anderson Silva dealt with losses   Rare Footage: How Emotional Anderson Silva dealt with losses EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 12:11 pm

Quote :
Props to MiddleEasy for turning us on to the SAMURAIFIGHTSPIRITS channel on YouTube, which specializes in post-fight footage from the PRIDE era. Seriuously, this is already my favorite time-suck of the week. Here’s Chuck Liddell predicting that this Alistair Overeem kid is gonna be good. Here’s Kevin Randleman screaming “I SUCK!” after getting caught in a guillotine by Mirko Cro Cop. Here’s Rulon Gardner chillin’ with Dan Henderson. So much awesome.

Maybe the most fascinating bits of footage are the clips of Anderson Silva reacting to his pair of submission losses to Daiju Takase and Ryo Chonan, which ended the Spider’s PRIDE stint on an unsatisfying note. Above, the Takase loss makes Silva fire off a string of Portugeuse expletives that would make a marinheiro blush. After the jump, an obviously-in-pain Silva can barely keep his emotions together after his freak upset loss to Chonan via flying-scissor-leg-takedown/heel-hook. So remember: Before Anderson was an unbeatable UFC champion, he was a crier, just like you.

Quote :
First he said this to himself:
Damn Anderson.
What was that? You blew it.
Damn, you practiced it a lot there.
Fuck that shit! (screaming)
Thank you .. (Elvis Nino and another person)
(talking to teamates)
Fuck, I trained more than one hundred ways to get out off fucking triangle of hell!
Fuck This shit! Fuck!

Quote :
TRANSLATIONS:

from 00:42 hirotaka yokoi: "oh my god that was amazing!"
from 00:52 chonan: "he was fucking strong!"
from 00:58 yokoi: "and you won against that"
from 1:00 chonan "my legs and loins hurts. my head too"
from 1:13 anderson's trainer was like "oh come on, you were just unlucky, you were actually winning the fight. and till today you've won so many" so keep your head up and don't cry, you're a fighter!"
from 1:43 anderson's trainer: is your leg okay?"
from 1:49 anderson: "it's painful! maybe i got an injury!"
from 1:57 chonan: "it hurts, my head hurts. i've never fought a guy like that. his right hook was crazy. with that long reach you can't see his arm, so while his arm isn't in my view, suddenly the punch comes."
from 2:21 chonan: "oh i can't drink my sake properly that motherfucker. ouch shit."
from: 2:26 yokoi: "it hurts after you won so that's okay"
from 2:29 chonan: "it really sucked if i lost."
from 2:32 yokoi: "that was really amazing"
from 2:35 chonan "i want to rest"
from 2:38 chonan: "he (anderson) had so many dried mucus during the fight"

Last edited by 9Teen_AT4 on Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59453

PostSubject: Re: Rare Footage: How Emotional Anderson Silva dealt with losses   Rare Footage: How Emotional Anderson Silva dealt with losses EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 4:35 pm

He obviously hates to lose......

I guess that's why he stopped doing it!

Hey-O!!
cherry

Back to top Go down
couture fan
Sparring Partner
Sparring Partner
couture fan

Standard Cash : 5601

PostSubject: Re: Rare Footage: How Emotional Anderson Silva dealt with losses   Rare Footage: How Emotional Anderson Silva dealt with losses EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 5:32 pm

Nice. ive never seen those vids - Thanks
Back to top Go down
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
the commie

Standard Cash : 7968

PostSubject: Re: Rare Footage: How Emotional Anderson Silva dealt with losses   Rare Footage: How Emotional Anderson Silva dealt with losses EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 10:28 pm

"don't cry, you're a fighter"
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15333

PostSubject: Re: Rare Footage: How Emotional Anderson Silva dealt with losses   Rare Footage: How Emotional Anderson Silva dealt with losses EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 8:14 am

https://youtu.be/zRIbf6JqkNc
Back to top Go down
lambhimself
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
lambhimself

Standard Cash : 5932

PostSubject: Re: Rare Footage: How Emotional Anderson Silva dealt with losses   Rare Footage: How Emotional Anderson Silva dealt with losses EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 3:35 pm

Silva's last loss (from a DQ) was nearly 6 years ago; as Trigger said
I think he has moved on from that.
Back to top Go down
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
the commie

PostSubject: Re: Rare Footage: How Emotional Anderson Silva dealt with losses   Rare Footage: How Emotional Anderson Silva dealt with losses EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 3:49 pm

he should stack up on tissues for when sonnen beats his ass Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lambhimself
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
lambhimself

Standard Cash : 5932

PostSubject: Re: Rare Footage: How Emotional Anderson Silva dealt with losses   Rare Footage: How Emotional Anderson Silva dealt with losses EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 4:35 pm

^^
Yuuuup!

Can't wait, too bad I'll be way older by the time it happens.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Rare Footage: How Emotional Anderson Silva dealt with losses   Rare Footage: How Emotional Anderson Silva dealt with losses EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 7:59 pm

I'd rather see a fighter do something like this when he loses than just brush it off like it's not a big deal. At least by crying he's proving that it really affects him deeply when he fails.

That's how you get to be champion, not by losing and then going on a stand-up comedy tour across the globe and starting Twitter wars with Arianny.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5740

PostSubject: Re: Rare Footage: How Emotional Anderson Silva dealt with losses   Rare Footage: How Emotional Anderson Silva dealt with losses EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 9:17 pm

John Wayne NEVER cried.

Chuck Norris NEVER cried.

Tito..... oh.... wait.... nothing....

Back to top Go down
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
the commie

PostSubject: Re: Rare Footage: How Emotional Anderson Silva dealt with losses   Rare Footage: How Emotional Anderson Silva dealt with losses EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 9:24 pm

there is no crying in ...mma! or baseball.
stop crying like a little girl. i would rather see him go on a comedy tour.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Rare Footage: How Emotional Anderson Silva dealt with losses   Rare Footage: How Emotional Anderson Silva dealt with losses EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 2:14 am

I'm pretty sure he did stop.......
after the last time he lost........
like 6 years ago.

If this guy needed to cry a few times to get his head straight and go on to kick an obscene amount of ass in magnificent fashion while becoming possibly the greatest MMA fighter of all time, then yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and say it was probably a good idea to do it.
Back to top Go down
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
the commie

PostSubject: Re: Rare Footage: How Emotional Anderson Silva dealt with losses   Rare Footage: How Emotional Anderson Silva dealt with losses EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 2:42 am

hmmm he stoped losing not because he cried, its because he has an enormous talent for fighting. you can have the drive to be the best without crying.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

PostSubject: Re: Rare Footage: How Emotional Anderson Silva dealt with losses   Rare Footage: How Emotional Anderson Silva dealt with losses EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 8:21 am

Krieger wrote:
John Wayne NEVER cried.

Chuck Norris NEVER cried.

Tito..... oh.... wait.... nothing....

lol!
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Rare Footage: How Emotional Anderson Silva dealt with losses   Rare Footage: How Emotional Anderson Silva dealt with losses EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 1:28 pm

the commie wrote:
hmmm he stoped losing not because he cried, its because he has an enormous talent for fighting. you can have the drive to be the best without crying.
Yeah you kinda missed my point there.

Meaning he's bad-ass, so it's kind of ridiculous to knock him for crying after a loss 6 years ago and feeling like crap for it, considering how great he's been since then. You know, that sort of thing. If you really thought I meant that he literally morphed into awesome because he cried, then.......yeah, I don't really know where to go from here....... Neutral
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

PostSubject: Re: Rare Footage: How Emotional Anderson Silva dealt with losses   Rare Footage: How Emotional Anderson Silva dealt with losses EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 2:14 pm

no worries people, once Bisping dispatches Maia, we can all see Silva cry again. Cause Bisping will be champ in 2012!!!!!
Back to top Go down
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
the commie

PostSubject: Re: Rare Footage: How Emotional Anderson Silva dealt with losses   Rare Footage: How Emotional Anderson Silva dealt with losses EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 3:34 pm

Triggerman99 wrote:
the commie wrote:
Yeah you kinda missed my point there.

Meaning he's bad-ass, so it's kind of ridiculous to knock him for crying after a loss 6 years ago and feeling like crap for it, considering how great he's been since then. You know, that sort of thing. If you really thought I meant that he literally morphed into awesome because he cried, then.......yeah, I don't really know where to go from here....... Neutral
it is a slow news day and i thought a empty argument would be fun. plus, the fact that he cries after losing proves not that he is not a bad ass (in the ring he is), but it might show that he is a capricious prima donna.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Rare Footage: How Emotional Anderson Silva dealt with losses   Rare Footage: How Emotional Anderson Silva dealt with losses EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 3:06 am

OK, fair enough. I follow you.

Here's where I'm going with this;

Yeah, he was caught on camera crying. Yeah, he felt horrible after losing. But considering how dominant he has been lately, I can't help but think that a mentality like this -where you are so devastated after failing that you actually cry- might just in fact be the very mentality that a true champion.....fuck it, a true warrior might need to have in order to ascend to the level that he has achieved.
I mean, he is possibly the greatest fighter ever, so if he was so bummed after a loss that he actually cried, I would be hard pressed to hold that against him and say "There's no crying in MMA!" Quite the contrary, I would use Silva as an example to other fighters and say "If you wanna be as great as that guy, you damn well better be so upset when you lose that you are willing to cry because of it!"
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: Rare Footage: How Emotional Anderson Silva dealt with losses   Rare Footage: How Emotional Anderson Silva dealt with losses EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 5:38 am

Naw ... men DON'T cry! This whole 90's thing of the sensitive male crying and showing his vulnerability is just a way to weaken our role in society.

C'mon guys what the fuck do we have left... fucking MAN UP AND MOVE FORWARD. The only time you should be crying is when yer pulling your pud cause no women will have you cause your a sniveling girly man.

If I'm going to cry it sure ain't gonna be in public, in front of cameras or because I lost a fight.

There is only two times in life where a man gets to cry and I can't say them here .... or I'll start crying.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Rare Footage: How Emotional Anderson Silva dealt with losses   Rare Footage: How Emotional Anderson Silva dealt with losses EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 6:02 pm

I'm crying right now because we are still talking about this.

No Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: Rare Footage: How Emotional Anderson Silva dealt with losses   Rare Footage: How Emotional Anderson Silva dealt with losses EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 7:52 pm

Rare Footage: How Emotional Anderson Silva dealt with losses Clown___crying_by_eoloperfido-d39iorz
Back to top Go down
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
the commie

PostSubject: Re: Rare Footage: How Emotional Anderson Silva dealt with losses   Rare Footage: How Emotional Anderson Silva dealt with losses EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 10:13 pm

trigger, there is no crying in mma forums! be a man! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Rare Footage: How Emotional Anderson Silva dealt with losses   Rare Footage: How Emotional Anderson Silva dealt with losses EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 2:54 am

lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rare Footage: How Emotional Anderson Silva dealt with losses   Rare Footage: How Emotional Anderson Silva dealt with losses Empty

Back to top Go down

Rare Footage: How Emotional Anderson Silva dealt with losses
Page 1 of 1