The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Brock says tonight is the last night in the octagon. Vote_lcapBrock says tonight is the last night in the octagon. Voting_barBrock says tonight is the last night in the octagon. Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Brock says tonight is the last night in the octagon. Vote_lcapBrock says tonight is the last night in the octagon. Voting_barBrock says tonight is the last night in the octagon. Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Brock says tonight is the last night in the octagon.

Go down 
+6
couture fan
samger2
9Teen_AT4
Chrom
Berserk
Krieger
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5736

Brock says tonight is the last night in the octagon. Empty
PostSubject: Brock says tonight is the last night in the octagon.   Brock says tonight is the last night in the octagon. EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 11:23 pm

Brock .... says tonight is the last night in the Octagon.

WWE?
Back to top Go down
Berserk
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter
Berserk

Standard Cash : 28625

PostSubject: Re: Brock says tonight is the last night in the octagon.   Brock says tonight is the last night in the octagon. EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 11:29 pm

Yeah, like I said before I think having a major surgery and 12inches of your colon removed would not change you for the better.

I really don't see him going to the WWE cause that schedule is so brutal not to mention the beating your body takes on a weekly basis.

I had a feeling he would retire, and honestly it sucks because the HW division is so much better with Brock.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: Brock says tonight is the last night in the octagon.   Brock says tonight is the last night in the octagon. EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 11:35 pm

It kinda sucks cause I don't think his heart was in it. Did he just show up for the check?

On the other hand he had no answer for Overeem's knees and kicks to the liver....

I just don't know.... If Brock knew he was just showing up for a check did Dana know too? As a fan shelling out hard earned cash I kinda was hoping Brock would show up to win.
Back to top Go down
Berserk
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter
Berserk

PostSubject: Re: Brock says tonight is the last night in the octagon.   Brock says tonight is the last night in the octagon. EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 11:41 pm

I dunno, but did you see the look on Brock's face after Overeem shrugged off his single leg takedown? It honestly looked like Brock knew he was fucked. But before that point Brock looked pretty focused/intense and I thought for sure he would shoot for a double.... problem was he played Alistair's game and lost big time.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22855

PostSubject: Re: Brock says tonight is the last night in the octagon.   Brock says tonight is the last night in the octagon. EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 1:07 am

Brock says tonight is the last night in the octagon. Dvtvu10
Back to top Go down
Berserk
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter
Berserk

PostSubject: Re: Brock says tonight is the last night in the octagon.   Brock says tonight is the last night in the octagon. EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 1:09 am

RIP Chrom
Back to top Go down
9Teen_AT4
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
9Teen_AT4

Standard Cash : 7711

PostSubject: Re: Brock says tonight is the last night in the octagon.   Brock says tonight is the last night in the octagon. EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 4:10 am

After 2 surgeries and battle with diverticulitis, how can one be a better fighter, or the same fighter?? Brock is smart, and he's getting out at the right time.

Maybe a single Wrestlemania appearance next year will give him a good paycheck????

Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

Standard Cash : 10310

PostSubject: Re: Brock says tonight is the last night in the octagon.   Brock says tonight is the last night in the octagon. EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 8:58 am

I gotta be honest, I don't know how Brock ever became champion, just being big doesn't cut it.
Back to top Go down
couture fan
Sparring Partner
Sparring Partner
couture fan

Standard Cash : 5597

PostSubject: Re: Brock says tonight is the last night in the octagon.   Brock says tonight is the last night in the octagon. EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 2:40 pm

Shame really/
Back to top Go down
DEP
Internet Troll Champion!
Internet Troll Champion!
DEP

Standard Cash : 9488

PostSubject: Re: Brock says tonight is the last night in the octagon.   Brock says tonight is the last night in the octagon. EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 6:53 pm

Well, he probably knows that after tonight that belt is as good as gone now. He's got kids and a metric fuck ton of money, might as well retire while you can before you wake up one day and you're Ken Shamrock. Personally I'd rather see Overeem vs. JDS instead of Brock. Dana probably hates it but Lesnar made it fun, no doubt about that.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: Brock says tonight is the last night in the octagon.   Brock says tonight is the last night in the octagon. EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 10:10 pm

From Cageside Seats

Cageside Quote: 'If Brock Lesnar loses don't be surprised to see him in WWE fairly soon'
by Keith Harris on Dec 31, 2011 10:36 PM EST in MMA

Brock Lesnar, likely guided by carny mastermind Paul Heyman, continues to play his cards right to increase his negotiating leverage in defeat with his current UFC boss Dana White.

Though Brock Lesnar didn't take a dive against Alistair Overeem last night at UFC 141 and almost certainly won't make a shock return to WWE Raw in just two days time as their latest mystery man, the truth is close enough that a former colleague of Lesnar's like Chris Jericho who knows his modus operandi can plausibly make those false accusations and get away with it.

Throughout his career, Lesnar has always sought the easy road and looked for an exit strategy when things weren't going his way. When Vince McMahon decided that Brock Lesnar was a failure as the top star on Smackdown in early 2004 and it was time for him to drop the WWE title to Eddie Guerrero, it didn't take long for a burnt out Lesnar to hand his notice into the company. Supremely confident in his athletic ability, Lesnar thought his local celebrity and raw talent would be enough to snag him a place on the Minnesota Vikings football team, but quickly gave up on the idea of an NFL career when he realised it wouldn't be that easy.
For a while it looked like Brock was up shit creek without a paddle, as he was embroiled in a lengthy legal dispute with WWE over the restrictive terms of his multi-year non-compete agreement, which precluded him from going into MMA, and it looked like he was resigned to his fate of returning to WWE for a worse deal than the one he had before. But at the last second he found a Joker card up his sleeve, when a desperate Antonio Inoki signed him to a lucrative New Japan Pro Wrestling deal in the autumn of 2005, despite his ongoing lawsuit with WWE. Inoki's Hail Mary completely failed, as Lesnar was an expensive flop as IWGP Heavyweight champion, but worked out perfectly for Lesnar himself, since it gave him the time and resources to obtain a favourable settlement from WWE, allowing him to start his MMA career in earnest. There was still the IWGP title to deal with, but Lesnar showed his gratitude to the struggling New Japan promotion by playing hardball and failing to fly to Japan for a scheduled title defence against Hiroshi Tanahashi, which led to him being stripped of the belt.

That brings us to this week, where Brock Lesnar was setting up his UFC get out plan before he even stepped foot in the Octagon, by making it clear that he wouldn't refuse Vince McMahon's big bucks if he came calling. One very halfhearted performance later that didn't play to his strengths, leading to a quick defeat at the hands of the best heavyweight kickboxer in the UFC, he then immediately handed in his notice to Dana White by announcing his retirement from MMA. You didn't have to be Sherlock Holmes to realise that Brock was doing the spade work to angle for a quick return to WWE, because he knew he couldn't hang with the younger, more well rounded athletes that have emerged in the heavyweight division while he's been more preoccupied with recovering from two bouts of diverticulitis than improving his fighting skills.

Indeed, Dave Meltzer on his latest Wrestling Observer Radio show speculated that Brock "just came in to get beat", because he wasn't the same Brock of three years ago and knew in his heart after training that he wouldn't be able to take Overeem down and there went his chances of victory. Moreover, Meltzer had heard about Lesnar's idea to jump straight from UFC to WWE should he lose for the last few weeks:

"[Dana] said that he didn't know that this was happening, but I will say this, all week long I had heard from plenty of people that if Brock was to lose he would, and I shouldn't even say all week because I heard for the past three or four weeks that if Brock were to lose don't be surprised to see him in WWE fairly soon.... When he started with the [retirement] speech, I thought, you know, OK, very very interesting, because it was clearly practised, he knew ahead of time. I don't know if he had told anyone but there were rumours going around, not so much that he was going to quit.

Rest of article:

http://www.cagesideseats.com/2011/12/31/2672803/cageside-quote-if-brock-lesnar-loses-dont-be-surprised-to-see-him-in
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22855

PostSubject: Re: Brock says tonight is the last night in the octagon.   Brock says tonight is the last night in the octagon. EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 10:39 pm

Who wrote that shit sandwich of a speculation piece?
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: Brock says tonight is the last night in the octagon.   Brock says tonight is the last night in the octagon. EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 10:53 pm

Cageside Seats is a Pro Wrestling mag.... Keith Harris... heh
Back to top Go down
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
the commie

Standard Cash : 7964

PostSubject: Re: Brock says tonight is the last night in the octagon.   Brock says tonight is the last night in the octagon. EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 5:08 pm

brock is not retiring bacaue he is missing 12 inches of his colon. its not such a big deal. my friend, a doctor tells me you can be fine with only 22cm of it.
he is retiring because he is not good enough
Back to top Go down
butterknifeninja
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
butterknifeninja

Standard Cash : 4012

PostSubject: Re: Brock says tonight is the last night in the octagon.   Brock says tonight is the last night in the octagon. EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 9:37 pm

samger2 wrote:
I gotta be honest, I don't know how Brock ever became champion, just being big doesn't cut it.

How about being big, fast, hitting like a mack truck, and having outstanding wrestling?
Back to top Go down
butterknifeninja
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
butterknifeninja

Standard Cash : 4012

PostSubject: Re: Brock says tonight is the last night in the octagon.   Brock says tonight is the last night in the octagon. EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 9:44 pm

the commie wrote:
brock is not retiring bacaue he is missing 12 inches of his colon. its not such a big deal. my friend, a doctor tells me you can be fine with only 22cm of it.
he is retiring because he is not good enough
Rolling Eyes

"Being fine" and fighting world class competition mere months after said surgery are two very different things...
Back to top Go down
Berserk
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter
Berserk

PostSubject: Re: Brock says tonight is the last night in the octagon.   Brock says tonight is the last night in the octagon. EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 11:50 pm

I'm sure if Brock wasn't sick in the first place that he wouldn't have retired. Again it's a major surgery, and I don't care who you are but you can't 100% recover from that sort of thing.
Back to top Go down
DEP
Internet Troll Champion!
Internet Troll Champion!
DEP

Standard Cash : 9488

PostSubject: Re: Brock says tonight is the last night in the octagon.   Brock says tonight is the last night in the octagon. EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 7:36 pm

I had a buddy who was healthy as a horse his whole life, developed Crohn's Disease (very similar to Diverticulitis) in his late teens, had 18in of his small intestine removed and about 2yrs later he died of complications. Lesnar is a beast for even trying to continue on and he's never backed down from anything. But if you're a professional athlete and your body is betraying you through no fault of your own... what are your options?? If that's an excuse, then everything is an excuse for everything. Japan surrendered because they got nuked, what a lame excuse.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: Brock says tonight is the last night in the octagon.   Brock says tonight is the last night in the octagon. EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 8:41 pm

Yeah but it made em all tiny and unable to win a real mma title. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59449

PostSubject: Re: Brock says tonight is the last night in the octagon.   Brock says tonight is the last night in the octagon. EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 12:18 am

LOL!!
That article was pathetic!

Look, I'm not a Lesnar fan, but I have enough respect for the guy to not just spew out some completely hypothetical crap and pretend it's anything resembling fact.

Whoever wrote that should be slapped in the face repeatedly.
Back to top Go down
Berserk
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter
Berserk

PostSubject: Re: Brock says tonight is the last night in the octagon.   Brock says tonight is the last night in the octagon. EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 3:43 am

Triggerman99 wrote:
LOL!!
That article was pathetic!

Look, I'm not a Lesnar fan, but I have enough respect for the guy to not just spew out some completely hypothetical crap and pretend it's anything resembling fact.

Whoever wrote that should be slapped in the face repeatedly.

Completely agree
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brock says tonight is the last night in the octagon.   Brock says tonight is the last night in the octagon. Empty

Back to top Go down

Brock says tonight is the last night in the octagon.
Page 1 of 1