The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
DREAM and Satoshi Ishii: Japanese MMA's Problem with Making the Sport a Circus (aka Fedor's next fight) - Page 3 Vote_lcapDREAM and Satoshi Ishii: Japanese MMA's Problem with Making the Sport a Circus (aka Fedor's next fight) - Page 3 Voting_barDREAM and Satoshi Ishii: Japanese MMA's Problem with Making the Sport a Circus (aka Fedor's next fight) - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
DREAM and Satoshi Ishii: Japanese MMA's Problem with Making the Sport a Circus (aka Fedor's next fight) - Page 3 Vote_lcapDREAM and Satoshi Ishii: Japanese MMA's Problem with Making the Sport a Circus (aka Fedor's next fight) - Page 3 Voting_barDREAM and Satoshi Ishii: Japanese MMA's Problem with Making the Sport a Circus (aka Fedor's next fight) - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

DREAM and Satoshi Ishii: Japanese MMA's Problem with Making the Sport a Circus (aka Fedor's next fight)

Go down 
+7
Triggerman99
lambhimself
Gecko
butterknifeninja
the commie
couture fan
Chrom
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5740

DREAM and Satoshi Ishii: Japanese MMA's Problem with Making the Sport a Circus (aka Fedor's next fight) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DREAM and Satoshi Ishii: Japanese MMA's Problem with Making the Sport a Circus (aka Fedor's next fight)   DREAM and Satoshi Ishii: Japanese MMA's Problem with Making the Sport a Circus (aka Fedor's next fight) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 12:59 am

Triggerman99 wrote:
That's all well and good, but that huge post serves no purpose at this point of this thread.
Like some people have already said; they're just fans that enjoy seeing him win.

The road you insist on going down time and time again is a dead end because no one is even debating that with you. You're getting yourself all worked up and doing all that research for nothing.

It doesn't have to be an absolute division of people where you either think he is the greatest man to ever walk the earth or you think he is a complete fraud. There actually is a middle ground, and it's full of people who actually like watching the guy fight and like to see him win, regardless of what he's done or where he's been.

But..... Sad .... Shocked ... pale ... damn.... silent you! scratch scratch scratch scratch
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59453

DREAM and Satoshi Ishii: Japanese MMA's Problem with Making the Sport a Circus (aka Fedor's next fight) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DREAM and Satoshi Ishii: Japanese MMA's Problem with Making the Sport a Circus (aka Fedor's next fight)   DREAM and Satoshi Ishii: Japanese MMA's Problem with Making the Sport a Circus (aka Fedor's next fight) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 2:27 am

LOL

If it's any consolation, I agree with a lot of what you are saying. But it's just a case of "WTF are we even arguing about?" at this point.
Back to top Go down
Snake Five
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter

Standard Cash : 3792

PostSubject: Re: DREAM and Satoshi Ishii: Japanese MMA's Problem with Making the Sport a Circus (aka Fedor's next fight)   DREAM and Satoshi Ishii: Japanese MMA's Problem with Making the Sport a Circus (aka Fedor's next fight) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 3:23 am

Yeah Japan love's the freak show whic I think sometimes hurts them also the fact they don't defend some of their titles reguarly.
Back to top Go down
couture fan
Sparring Partner
Sparring Partner
couture fan

Standard Cash : 5601

PostSubject: Re: DREAM and Satoshi Ishii: Japanese MMA's Problem with Making the Sport a Circus (aka Fedor's next fight)   DREAM and Satoshi Ishii: Japanese MMA's Problem with Making the Sport a Circus (aka Fedor's next fight) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 3:18 pm

Chrom wrote:
DREAM and Satoshi Ishii: Japanese MMA's Problem with Making the Sport a Circus (aka Fedor's next fight) - Page 3 Fedor_12

Holy Shits thats brilliant! Did you make that?

Back to top Go down
couture fan
Sparring Partner
Sparring Partner
couture fan

PostSubject: Re: DREAM and Satoshi Ishii: Japanese MMA's Problem with Making the Sport a Circus (aka Fedor's next fight)   DREAM and Satoshi Ishii: Japanese MMA's Problem with Making the Sport a Circus (aka Fedor's next fight) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 3:25 pm

Krieger wrote:
Triggerman99 wrote:
That's all well and good, but that huge post serves no purpose at this point of this thread.
Like some people have already said; they're just fans that enjoy seeing him win.

The road you insist on going down time and time again is a dead end because no one is even debating that with you. You're getting yourself all worked up and doing all that research for nothing.

It doesn't have to be an absolute division of people where you either think he is the greatest man to ever walk the earth or you think he is a complete fraud. There actually is a middle ground, and it's full of people who actually like watching the guy fight and like to see him win, regardless of what he's done or where he's been.

But..... Sad .... Shocked ... pale ... damn.... silent you! scratch scratch scratch scratch

Krieger - Trigg summed it up quite nicely. You're not talking about what I am talking about anymore.
I am saying Fedor fought and beat the best HW at the time whilst they were in their prime and yes he fought freak matches and yes that is something I very much enjoy watching.
You are saying Fedor didn't fight Nog, CC or other top HW in their prime.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: DREAM and Satoshi Ishii: Japanese MMA's Problem with Making the Sport a Circus (aka Fedor's next fight)   DREAM and Satoshi Ishii: Japanese MMA's Problem with Making the Sport a Circus (aka Fedor's next fight) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 4:56 pm

I tried Triggerman I tried... I was fine with shutting up ... I really was....

Top HW's? .... Mir would have KILLED the Paper Emperor in 2004

No I'm saying its a joke when Fedor nuthuggers get such obvious joy from a fighter who obviously has far superior skills, experience and technique pads his record against a kid in such an unbalanced fight that they think its some sort of accomplishment.

In my book that's Fedor being a low-class, record padding pussy. And just cause he beat a couple of guys (who never made any real impact in the ufc) many years ago doesn't excuse his current "fight" choices.

http://www.mmanews.com/news/90204

Back to top Go down
couture fan
Sparring Partner
Sparring Partner
couture fan

PostSubject: Re: DREAM and Satoshi Ishii: Japanese MMA's Problem with Making the Sport a Circus (aka Fedor's next fight)   DREAM and Satoshi Ishii: Japanese MMA's Problem with Making the Sport a Circus (aka Fedor's next fight) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 6:28 pm

No, you're right beating some guys just doesn't cut it and yes you are correct Frank Mir would have KILLED Fedor...

Razz Sorry thats just too funny.

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img132/7630/ug006050.gif

-"Fedor is the best pfp fighter in the world." - Randy Couture, UFC HW Champion

-"Fedor is the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world aside from bj Penn, those 2 are the best fighters in the world." - Rampage Jackson, UFC LHW Champion

-"It's FEDOR dude!" - Eric Pele

-"He is the BEST." - Mark Coleman, former UFC HW Champion and Pride GP Champion

-"The best in the world, no doubt." - Phil Baroni

-"Look, I've fought many people from around the world, so I've seen many strong fighters. But like him, never." - Renato Sobral

-"Fedor is on top now, it's hard to beat him now." - Pedro Rizzo

-"NOBODY wants to fight Fedor." - Wanderlei Silva, former Pride MW Champion and GP winner

-"Our great champion, he is the BEST in the world." - Josh Barnett, former UFC HW Champion and ADCC Champion

-"Fedor has no equals in Sambo or MMA." - Aleksander Mikhailin, 3-time World Judo Champion and Fedor's former training partner

-"Fedor would be absolutely great in K-1." - Ernesto Hoost, 4-time K-1 World Champion

-"Fedor has no weakness! I have seen so many fights, and even the best fighters in the world have a flaw in their game but I have yet to find one in Fedor Emelianenko." - Bas Rutten, former king of Pancrase and UFC HW Champion FSN

-"Probably the best ever lived....he's a living legend right now and I don't think there's a man on this planet who can beat him; the man is unreal. Pound for pound the best in the world." - Diego Sanchez, hooterandgreenway radio show

-"Fedor is my favorite." - BJ Penn, former UFC Welterweight Champion and BJJ world Champion, NWFS 7/9/06

-"Fedor is the most incredible fighter you'll ever see." - Frank Trigg

-"Fedor is pound-for-pound best in the world." - Shamada (Pride referee)

-"Fedor is a machine." - Don Frye

-"The best fighter to climb into ANY areana is Emelianenko fedor. He is in his own league and you can't compare nobody." - Kevin Randleman, former UFC HW Champion

-"Fedor is just too dominant, too good at punching people in the face. The way he punches people man he's trying to kill people, with both hands. He's in a whole different class by himself." - Brandon Vera

-"He is the best and undefeated... His striking game and his ground game is the best, so that's why he is the best... He is the sh*t " - Mark Hunt, K-1 World Champion

-"He's the total package; looks can be deceiving. He's incredibly strong, his hips are amazing, probably his best asset. Hard to hold down, hard to do anything with the guy.........shit he's just the best, that's why he's the best. He gets in position to throw the big bombs, he throws just as hard on the ground as he does on the feet. That's why he's the world Champion." - Mark Coleman

-"He's the fastest I've ever seen. Much faster than Mirko. And he's got a great reaction. Technically he may not have such a big advantage, but physically he is the fastest heavy guy in MMA history. He tries a punch, misses it, then immediately shoots again, Cro Cop for example didn't even see them coming. He must practise that a lot, because it's not easy to improvise that kind of thing. He is really with a good combination of styles, he can go from one art to the other, that's what makes him different." – Antonio Rodorigo Nogueira

-"He has a fast eye, good for counter-attacking. And in every fight he shows up with something new under his sleeve. Against Filipovic he used a great clinch-strike combo: he'd go for the uchi-mata, quickly following with a powerful hook." - Pedro Rizzo

Liddell: 'I'll fight anyone, Silva? Yeah sure, Quinton Jackson? Sure, Randy Couture? Sure'

Reporter: 'What about Fedor Emelianenko?'

Liddell: 'Well if I'll have to...I'll fight him...if I have to'
Back to top Go down
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
the commie

Standard Cash : 7968

PostSubject: Re: DREAM and Satoshi Ishii: Japanese MMA's Problem with Making the Sport a Circus (aka Fedor's next fight)   DREAM and Satoshi Ishii: Japanese MMA's Problem with Making the Sport a Circus (aka Fedor's next fight) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 6:44 pm

this is a ridiculous argument
nobody in their right mind denies that fedor was the best in the world for a long time. even without padding his record, 24 and 0 before his fall is pretty fucking good.
nobody in their right mind would argue that he is not the best anymore.
so this is where we are now. he is a side show fighting leftovers, because his management is a bunch of idiots.
i think we have established long time ago that Fedor is not ducking anybody himself. he doesnt care about his legacy that much. he is too stupidly religious to care. all he wants is to go to church, go home, go to sauna. otherwise he would fight anybody. believe me when i say that i know that type of guys, in russia. he is not a fake.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: DREAM and Satoshi Ishii: Japanese MMA's Problem with Making the Sport a Circus (aka Fedor's next fight)   DREAM and Satoshi Ishii: Japanese MMA's Problem with Making the Sport a Circus (aka Fedor's next fight) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 7:48 pm

There's nothing more I can add.

I'm out!!

Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: DREAM and Satoshi Ishii: Japanese MMA's Problem with Making the Sport a Circus (aka Fedor's next fight)   DREAM and Satoshi Ishii: Japanese MMA's Problem with Making the Sport a Circus (aka Fedor's next fight) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 8:17 pm

DREAM and Satoshi Ishii: Japanese MMA's Problem with Making the Sport a Circus (aka Fedor's next fight) - Page 3 Big-breasts

Fedor sucks...
Back to top Go down
DEP
Internet Troll Champion!
Internet Troll Champion!
DEP

Standard Cash : 9492

PostSubject: Re: DREAM and Satoshi Ishii: Japanese MMA's Problem with Making the Sport a Circus (aka Fedor's next fight)   DREAM and Satoshi Ishii: Japanese MMA's Problem with Making the Sport a Circus (aka Fedor's next fight) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 8:17 pm

LMAO @ Mir in 2004.

Seriously.
Back to top Go down
butterknifeninja
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
butterknifeninja

Standard Cash : 4016

PostSubject: Re: DREAM and Satoshi Ishii: Japanese MMA's Problem with Making the Sport a Circus (aka Fedor's next fight)   DREAM and Satoshi Ishii: Japanese MMA's Problem with Making the Sport a Circus (aka Fedor's next fight) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 8:22 pm

DREAM and Satoshi Ishii: Japanese MMA's Problem with Making the Sport a Circus (aka Fedor's next fight) - Page 3 Th_beatingA_DeadHorse
Back to top Go down
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
the commie

Standard Cash : 7968

PostSubject: Re: DREAM and Satoshi Ishii: Japanese MMA's Problem with Making the Sport a Circus (aka Fedor's next fight)   DREAM and Satoshi Ishii: Japanese MMA's Problem with Making the Sport a Circus (aka Fedor's next fight) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 8:28 pm

looks like donkey to me
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: DREAM and Satoshi Ishii: Japanese MMA's Problem with Making the Sport a Circus (aka Fedor's next fight)   DREAM and Satoshi Ishii: Japanese MMA's Problem with Making the Sport a Circus (aka Fedor's next fight) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 9:13 pm

DREAM and Satoshi Ishii: Japanese MMA's Problem with Making the Sport a Circus (aka Fedor's next fight) - Page 3 Two-Headed-Donkey-32469t

Fedor sucks! .......................................... No he doesn't!
Back to top Go down
DEP
Internet Troll Champion!
Internet Troll Champion!
DEP

Standard Cash : 9492

PostSubject: Re: DREAM and Satoshi Ishii: Japanese MMA's Problem with Making the Sport a Circus (aka Fedor's next fight)   DREAM and Satoshi Ishii: Japanese MMA's Problem with Making the Sport a Circus (aka Fedor's next fight) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 10:15 pm

What did that poor donkey eat?!?!
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: DREAM and Satoshi Ishii: Japanese MMA's Problem with Making the Sport a Circus (aka Fedor's next fight)   DREAM and Satoshi Ishii: Japanese MMA's Problem with Making the Sport a Circus (aka Fedor's next fight) - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 2:19 am

Krieger wrote:
DREAM and Satoshi Ishii: Japanese MMA's Problem with Making the Sport a Circus (aka Fedor's next fight) - Page 3 Big-breasts

Fedor sucks...

Sooooo....

Not that I'm complaining, but uhh....

What does this have to do with......

Nevermind.
I don't care. Those are amazing.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: DREAM and Satoshi Ishii: Japanese MMA's Problem with Making the Sport a Circus (aka Fedor's next fight)   DREAM and Satoshi Ishii: Japanese MMA's Problem with Making the Sport a Circus (aka Fedor's next fight) - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 10:16 am

Psy ops
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DREAM and Satoshi Ishii: Japanese MMA's Problem with Making the Sport a Circus (aka Fedor's next fight)   DREAM and Satoshi Ishii: Japanese MMA's Problem with Making the Sport a Circus (aka Fedor's next fight) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

DREAM and Satoshi Ishii: Japanese MMA's Problem with Making the Sport a Circus (aka Fedor's next fight)
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3