The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
GSP out of fight with Nick Diaz! Vote_lcapGSP out of fight with Nick Diaz! Voting_barGSP out of fight with Nick Diaz! Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
GSP out of fight with Nick Diaz! Vote_lcapGSP out of fight with Nick Diaz! Voting_barGSP out of fight with Nick Diaz! Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

GSP out of fight with Nick Diaz!

Go down 
+7
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
stock
Triggerman99
Chrom
butterknifeninja
lambhimself
11 posters
AuthorMessage
lambhimself
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
lambhimself

Standard Cash : 5932

GSP out of fight with Nick Diaz! Empty
PostSubject: GSP out of fight with Nick Diaz!   GSP out of fight with Nick Diaz! EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 12:49 pm

GSP out of fight with Nick Diaz! 9k=

UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre has injured his knee for the second time in two months, forcing him out of action once again. But this injury is much worse than the one that cost him a few weeks and a date with Carlos Condit in October.

This time, the champ tore his ACL and will be out around 10 months, UFC president Dana White announced.

The issue will cost him a spot in the UFC 143 main event, and one of 2012's most anticipated matchups against former Strikeforce champion Nick Diaz.

Instead, Diaz (26-7, 1 no contest) will face Condit in a bout that White says will be for the interim welterweight championship.

As you may recall, Condit (27-5) has had a roller coaster ride in the booking department recently. After knocking out Dong Hyun Kim at UFC 132, he was going to fight BJ Penn at UFC 139, then got the slot against St-Pierre when Diaz went AWOL for two press appearances. But that opportunity came and went when St-Pierre suffered his first knee injury.

Condit didn't end up fighting in October, instead choosing to wait for St-Pierre to heal. But even that plan went awry when Diaz overwhelmed Penn, and St-Pierre insisted upon fighting the Stockton, California native.

So Condit was moved aside and thrust into a matchup with Josh Koscheck. And now Koscheck is the odd man out.

That's enough to make your head spin, but the long and short of it is that the Condit-Diaz winner will be the interim champ, and whenever St-Pierre returns, he'll face the holder of that faux belt.

This is the second major injury St-Pierre (22-2) has suffered as champion. During a successful July 2009 title defense against Thiago Alves, he tore his groin and didn't fight again until over eight months later.

Source

I can hear Nick Diaz and his camp talking already Rolling Eyes ,
although I am somewhat excited to see Nick take on Condit;
totally brings things full circle in regards to Nick earning a shot imo;
Which is something I was always for.
Back to top Go down
butterknifeninja
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
butterknifeninja

Standard Cash : 4016

PostSubject: Re: GSP out of fight with Nick Diaz!   GSP out of fight with Nick Diaz! EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 12:56 pm

Son. Of. a. Bitch!!!

Diaz/Condit will be a great fight but interim titles are like kissing your sister Sad
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22859

PostSubject: Re: GSP out of fight with Nick Diaz!   GSP out of fight with Nick Diaz! EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 1:02 pm

Well... what the fuck...
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59453

PostSubject: Re: GSP out of fight with Nick Diaz!   GSP out of fight with Nick Diaz! EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 1:42 pm

As a Diaz fan, I'm bummed that he's not going to fight for the "real" title, but this is honestly a better fight for both fighters. Diaz was probably gonna lose to GSP, and Condit was probably gonna lose Koscheck. Not to mention that this fight is gonna be absolutely fucking epic!!

It's kind of bitterseweet, IMO. No title fight, but the fight we are getting in it's place cannot possible be anything other than an all-out war no matter where it goes.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35201

PostSubject: Re: GSP out of fight with Nick Diaz!   GSP out of fight with Nick Diaz! EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 1:48 pm

Will be 100 times more exciting than GSP/anyone.
I am actually very excited for this matchup.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5740

PostSubject: Re: GSP out of fight with Nick Diaz!   GSP out of fight with Nick Diaz! EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 1:59 pm

ACL replacement operation... they reomove the old ACL take a patellel or hamstring tendon section... thread it through the old ACL holes in your upper leg, knee and lower leg and attach with screws. Recovery for normal folks ... six months no activity other than physio then light workouts... proffesional atheletes are faster.

Cause... THOSE DUMBASSS BACKFLIPS I WAS COMPLAINING ABOUT FIVE YEARS AGO!
Back to top Go down
9Teen_AT4
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
9Teen_AT4

Standard Cash : 7715

PostSubject: Re: GSP out of fight with Nick Diaz!   GSP out of fight with Nick Diaz! EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 4:51 pm

Lmao @ this major news being in the wrong section of the forums.... Very Happy

But uhmmm... This fight is awesome.

StrikeForce WW Champion vs. WEC WW Champion.
This spells fireworks and TNT.

If these guys bring it, consider this Fight Of The Night.

The fight is much much much better than GSP vs. Diaz.

Condit finally gets a fare shake at things, even though it's Interim Gold..
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5740

PostSubject: Re: GSP out of fight with Nick Diaz!   GSP out of fight with Nick Diaz! EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 5:00 pm

Maybe Lamb thought it was the Drama of the whole situation that required Movie section placement.
Back to top Go down
Berserk
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter
Berserk

Standard Cash : 28629

PostSubject: Re: GSP out of fight with Nick Diaz!   GSP out of fight with Nick Diaz! EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 5:38 pm

much much MUCH better fight IMO. I just can't get excited to see GSP fight anymore, and I think Condit and Diaz bring a lot of new life in the WW division.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

Standard Cash : 10314

PostSubject: Re: GSP out of fight with Nick Diaz!   GSP out of fight with Nick Diaz! EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 8:24 pm

like kissing your sister...hahahahahahaha
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15333

PostSubject: Re: GSP out of fight with Nick Diaz!   GSP out of fight with Nick Diaz! EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 8:25 am

butterknifeninja wrote:
Son. Of. a. Bitch!!!

Diaz/Condit will be a great fight but interim titles are like kissing your sister Sad

i am sorry i thought your location said rhode island, not west virginia lol!
Back to top Go down
lambhimself
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
lambhimself

PostSubject: Re: GSP out of fight with Nick Diaz!   GSP out of fight with Nick Diaz! EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 11:09 am

Krieger wrote:
Maybe Lamb thought it was the Drama of the whole situation that required Movie section placement.

I dunno what the hell happened, I just clicked "NEW TOPIC" as I was in the heat of dropping this biggest news
of the week/month before anyone else did. Didn't realize I was in a different section,
funny though.

Your explanation is exactly why I put it in here. lol!
Back to top Go down
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
the commie

Standard Cash : 7968

PostSubject: Re: GSP out of fight with Nick Diaz!   GSP out of fight with Nick Diaz! EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 4:44 pm

why is everybody just talking about the new fight? im just really bumed out about gsp being injured. sucks for him and for us. he is a great fighter and: what if he never comes back the same?
Back to top Go down
lambhimself
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
lambhimself

PostSubject: Re: GSP out of fight with Nick Diaz!   GSP out of fight with Nick Diaz! EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 5:35 pm

This is a good point, a great fighter indeed; is it just me or does it seem like almost all champions take time off injured after title fights a lot lately. It really screws things up for
the divisions and contender status; oh well.

I was reading up on things earlier today and read that it is his other knee/leg
than the one he injured prior to having to pull out of the fight with Condit a month back;
which was a total shock to me. I had assumed it was the same knee/leg that he had
tweaked prior to dropping out of the Condit fight. Interesting piece of information I thought.

scratch
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: GSP out of fight with Nick Diaz!   GSP out of fight with Nick Diaz! EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 9:29 pm

We're talking about Condit and Diaz because those are two great fighters that are fighting in a great fight. It's not about forgetting GSP. But he's not the first guy to get hurt, and he won't be the last. That's life in the fight game.
He's been hurt before. I'm sure he'll be fine.
Back to top Go down
lambhimself
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
lambhimself

PostSubject: Re: GSP out of fight with Nick Diaz!   GSP out of fight with Nick Diaz! EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 2:53 pm

So for anyone wondering whats happening with Koscheck?

I just posted a new topic on his replacement opponent.

Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: GSP out of fight with Nick Diaz!   GSP out of fight with Nick Diaz! EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 12:00 am

^^

lol!

Yeah, I saw that awesome replacement fight for Kos! Should be a freakin barn-burner!

I'm telling ya right now, one of these days my sarcasm is gonna come back and bite me square in the ass. Watch.....Pierce will fucking slaughter Kos now, and I'll be sitting there making this face:

Neutral
Back to top Go down
butterknifeninja
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
butterknifeninja

Standard Cash : 4016

PostSubject: Re: GSP out of fight with Nick Diaz!   GSP out of fight with Nick Diaz! EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 12:07 am

Triggerman99 wrote:
^^

lol!

Yeah, I saw that awesome replacement fight for Kos! Should be a freakin barn-burner!

I'm telling ya right now, one of these days my sarcasm is gonna come back and bite me square in the ass. Watch.....Pierce will fucking slaughter Kos now, and I'll be sitting there making this face:

cheers

Fixed
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: GSP out of fight with Nick Diaz!   GSP out of fight with Nick Diaz! EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 1:34 am

Yeah, that's actually much better......and more accurate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GSP out of fight with Nick Diaz!   GSP out of fight with Nick Diaz! Empty

Back to top Go down

GSP out of fight with Nick Diaz!
Page 1 of 1