The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Bispings next opponet could be maia!!!! Vote_lcapBispings next opponet could be maia!!!! Voting_barBispings next opponet could be maia!!!! Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Bispings next opponet could be maia!!!! Vote_lcapBispings next opponet could be maia!!!! Voting_barBispings next opponet could be maia!!!! Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Bispings next opponet could be maia!!!!

Go down 
+2
norcalmatt
Gecko
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15333

Bispings next opponet could be maia!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Bispings next opponet could be maia!!!!   Bispings next opponet could be maia!!!! EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 9:44 am

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/968257-michael-bisping-to-reveal-next-fight-soon-could-be-featured-on-ufc-on-fox-2

Nothing final but they said they would announce his fight soon. If this fight does happen it could be held on the same card as davis vs. evans and Sonnen vs munoz.

Wandi was already ruled out as a possibility. Yushin and Vitor are both already booked too. Maia will be a great test for bisping.
Back to top Go down
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

Standard Cash : 16398

PostSubject: Re: Bispings next opponet could be maia!!!!   Bispings next opponet could be maia!!!! EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 10:06 am

ouch.....i think maia all the tools needed to tap bisping out
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

PostSubject: Re: Bispings next opponet could be maia!!!!   Bispings next opponet could be maia!!!! EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 11:34 am

norcalmatt wrote:
ouch.....i think maia all the tools needed to tap bisping out

I wont deny that this would be his higest level of BJJ fighter he has ever faced hands down. If Bisping can stuff the take down and keep it standing then i can see bisping taking it.Either which way this is going to be a much harder fight for him.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22859

PostSubject: Re: Bispings next opponet could be maia!!!!   Bispings next opponet could be maia!!!! EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 11:47 am

Butt scootin time!
Back to top Go down
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

Standard Cash : 16398

PostSubject: Re: Bispings next opponet could be maia!!!!   Bispings next opponet could be maia!!!! EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 2:42 pm

for sure his toughest test outside of hendo......and maia has been in there with more top level guys....silva and sonnen, that experience will be a huge benefit for him mentally!

should be a great match if the fight winds up going down!
Back to top Go down
butterknifeninja
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
butterknifeninja

Standard Cash : 4016

PostSubject: Re: Bispings next opponet could be maia!!!!   Bispings next opponet could be maia!!!! EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 4:09 pm

I actually think it's a good fight for Bisping. He's got good tdd and Maia's takedowns are nothing to write home about. If he can keep it standing (which I think he can ) it'll be an easy win for mikey
Back to top Go down
butterknifeninja
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
butterknifeninja

Standard Cash : 4016

PostSubject: Re: Bispings next opponet could be maia!!!!   Bispings next opponet could be maia!!!! EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 10:50 am

It's Official!

Quote :
The UFC announced this morning that their UFC on Fox 2 “triple header” will now include a middleweight matchup between top contenders Michael Bisping and Demian Maia.

UFC on FOX 2 is set to go down from Chicago’s United Center on January 28 live on FOX TV. In the main event, Phil Davis will square off with Rashad Evans for the number one contender seat in the UFC’s light-heavyweight division ruled over by Jon Jones. The co-feature of the evening is a middleweight number one contender bout between Mark Munoz and Chael Sonnen.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

PostSubject: Re: Bispings next opponet could be maia!!!!   Bispings next opponet could be maia!!!! EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 12:02 pm

I think i just messed myself. i love this fight!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
lambhimself
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
lambhimself

Standard Cash : 5932

PostSubject: Re: Bispings next opponet could be maia!!!!   Bispings next opponet could be maia!!!! EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 12:22 pm

butterknifeninja wrote:
I actually think it's a good fight for Bisping. He's got good tdd and Maia's takedowns are nothing to write home about. If he can keep it standing (which I think he can ) it'll be an easy win for mikey

This

I was thinking the same, Maia's takedowns aren't legendary by any stretch; his key to victory will be getting Bisping down.
Although Maia has shown great improvement in his last fight or two with regards to his striking, he is no where near the level of Bisping as a point puncher.

Will be Bisping's biggest test since his battle with Wanderlei, as getting KO'd by Hendo isn't much of a test imo;
as it was more of an exclamation point.That night will be awesome as long as the injury bug stays out of it.
Back to top Go down
Dremora
Training Dummy
Training Dummy

Standard Cash : 4712

PostSubject: Re: Bispings next opponet could be maia!!!!   Bispings next opponet could be maia!!!! EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 5:10 pm

Looking forward to this. Maia has the skills to submit anyone, but Bisping wont make it easy.

I think Bisping will get taken down in this fight. He has good TDD but not amazing. What Bisping is very good at is defending the submissions and getting back up to his feet. Bisping has never been submitted and has been against on the floor with some good BJJ guys (although no one close to Maia).

I think Bisping will either win by decision or lose by 1st round submission.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bispings next opponet could be maia!!!!   Bispings next opponet could be maia!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Bispings next opponet could be maia!!!!
Page 1 of 1