The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Diaz not happy about many things.  Vote_lcapDiaz not happy about many things.  Voting_barDiaz not happy about many things.  Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Diaz not happy about many things.  Vote_lcapDiaz not happy about many things.  Voting_barDiaz not happy about many things.  Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Diaz not happy about many things.

Go down 
+7
Triggerman99
the commie
stock
lambhimself
DEP
Gecko
Krieger
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Do you think Nick Diaz is getting what he is worth?
Yes he is getting adequatly compensated.
Diaz not happy about many things.  Vote_lcap90%Diaz not happy about many things.  Vote_rcap
 90% [ 9 ]
No he deserves way more than he is getting now.
Diaz not happy about many things.  Vote_lcap10%Diaz not happy about many things.  Vote_rcap
 10% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 10

AuthorMessage
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5737

Diaz not happy about many things.  Empty
PostSubject: Diaz not happy about many things.    Diaz not happy about many things.  EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 8:57 am

Nick Diaz Not Happy With Performance, Didn't Want Fight Against Penn
Posted on Oct 31, 2011

By Chris Howie
MMANEWS.COM Staff Writer

During Nick Diaz's appearance at the UFC 137 post fight press conference, he vented his frustrations for the issues he faces fighting in mixed martial arts and also talked about why he wasn't motivated or happy about having to fight BJ Penn in the main event:

"I don't like walking past (BJ and his camp) and having to give them dirty looks. I don't like walking past them and having nobody want to say hi to me and shake hands like we don't know each other. That's just not the way it should be.

"I don't want to fight people I already know. I don't think that's what fighting is all about, and so I didn't want this fight. It wasn't motivating for me. It wasn't motivating for a lot of people because I wasn't motivated."

"I didn't have any sort of workouts like I have had in the past. I would have come out 10 times better than I look tonight, that's for sure. I don't take punches like that when I'm working out with guys like Andre Ward and the guys even that are working out with Andre Ward. If I could have got any of the sparring that I've had in the past, I would have been a lot more confident just having known that I worked out with some of these guys that are at that top level."

"There's not enough money in this sport. You've got Floyd Mayweather making $25 million. He can't stop a double-leg. I had to go to school to learn how to do thats--- I had to work hard, and I had to study every aspect. That's what we're doing out here. I think that if I was making a tiny piece of that that everybody I know would be compensated – everybody I know, including my family."

"They're not taking care of me because they're not compensated. My team needs to be compensated, and the people around me, they're not getting nothing out of it. They're not getting airtime. They're not getting paid like they should. My sparring partners, they're not getting paid like they should. That's why nobody wants any part of this. Nobody wants to help me train if they're not getting anything out of it, and I don't blame them."
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: Diaz not happy about many things.    Diaz not happy about many things.  EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 9:06 am

I won't comment about the poll question ... yet... But I will wade in on the post fight interview.

This reporter makes Mr. Diaz sound a whole lot more coherent than he did in the press conference. Other than sounding punch drunk or stoned with his rambling whining, I thought he came across as kind of a crybaby. Really, he was whining about his hard lot in life, how he lives in the rough side of town and has to endure running from his neighborhood through rich folks neighborhoods for training with pools and big gates then going back to his house with bums peeing on his sidewalk. How he was forced to fight Penn, how Dana makes him do press conferences, how he doesnt have any friends, cause like you reporters all have it in for me .... and it went on and on.

Dare I say it.... Man up Nick, lots of folks have a rough go but they dont whine about it in a public forum when you were simply being asked about the fight.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15330

PostSubject: Re: Diaz not happy about many things.    Diaz not happy about many things.  EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 9:06 am

I am sorry how is $200,000 for one night of work not being compensated? Face Palm

You are paid and paid well to fight, so shut the hell up and just fight. If you want more money, beat the champ and get it, dont bitch about it.
Back to top Go down
DEP
Internet Troll Champion!
Internet Troll Champion!
DEP

Standard Cash : 9489

PostSubject: Re: Diaz not happy about many things.    Diaz not happy about many things.  EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 10:15 am

Quote :
"There's not enough money in this sport. You've got Floyd Mayweather making $25 million. He can't stop a double-leg.

True. He could also hit you in the face 10 times before you knew what happened. If you want more money then play the game, that's just how life works. If you want more money for being an outcast then go occupy Wall Street FFS.
Back to top Go down
lambhimself
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
lambhimself

Standard Cash : 5929

PostSubject: Re: Diaz not happy about many things.    Diaz not happy about many things.  EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 10:26 am

He is just trying to talk up his pay for the GSP super fight, I totally agree with Gecko in regards to $200k being more than enough money to sustain financial satisfaction. Then again that is the huge never ending topic about how pro atheletes get paid way to much money to do something they love; and how 90% of weekedn warriors would do it for 10% or less than what the pros do. Anyway!

The best part left out of this interview was when Dana said to Nick, "After tonight kid you can go buy whatever you want" ; and when Nick said "I don't know how to buy a house, he never went to school for that shit."

If he thinks he can make more money else where go, and if he has ulterior motives then stop being a cry baby; no one likes to see that shit, especially from a pro fighter.

Nick cannot even begin to deny that fighter salaries have come a far long way since he was in the UFC back in 2006; and he is making what he worth imo.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35198

PostSubject: Re: Diaz not happy about many things.    Diaz not happy about many things.  EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 10:35 am

I hate these types of questions.

If you agree to do something for a given amount of money, then you ARE getting paid what you are worth.
Nobody is forcing Diaz to fight.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: Diaz not happy about many things.    Diaz not happy about many things.  EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 11:48 am

DEP wrote:
Quote :
"There's not enough money in this sport. You've got Floyd Mayweather making $25 million. He can't stop a double-leg.

True. He could also hit you in the face 10 times before you knew what happened. If you want more money then play the game, that's just how life works. If you want more money for being an outcast then go occupy Wall Street FFS.

Pffffffttt < me laughing. Nick "occupying wall street" ... from how he described his neighborhood tent city might be a step up. Laughing
Back to top Go down
DEP
Internet Troll Champion!
Internet Troll Champion!
DEP

PostSubject: Re: Diaz not happy about many things.    Diaz not happy about many things.  EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 3:07 pm

Krieger wrote:
DEP wrote:
Quote :

Pffffffttt < me laughing. Nick "occupying wall street" ... from how he described his neighborhood tent city might be a step up. Laughing

Boo hoo, we've all got stories, that's my point.

Hey Nick, do you want the Christmas in MN with no heat story or do you want the only winter jacket I had being stolen off me in the middle of a MN November by a bunch of Vietnamese gang members story? I was 14 the first time I was kicked out of my house (wasn't the last time either), you don't hear me complaining about it after I make a $200k payday doing every MMA fan's dream job. Admittedly I was excited about him coming to the UFC again, but now he's reminding me of why it's so hard to respect him.
Back to top Go down
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
the commie

Standard Cash : 7965

PostSubject: Re: Diaz not happy about many things.    Diaz not happy about many things.  EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 5:52 pm

this is such a load of crap!
you had a hard life. obviously you didnt learn anything from it.
you didnt want to fight bj and people you know. shut the fuck up. its a business and thats exactly how it should be.
you didnt train with the right people? what a lousy excuse. this comment just makes you less of a man. should not make excuses. plus, its an insult to bj, saying that he wouldnt have touched you if you trained properly.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59450

PostSubject: Re: Diaz not happy about many things.    Diaz not happy about many things.  EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 7:56 pm

Laughing Laughing

Holy fucking Christ!
This is some serious Diaz hating going on in this thread! Are you guys serious?!

OK, you guys are completely twisting what he said and making it into something that it's not. He said there isn't enough money in the sport. He's speaking about the collective MMA fighters. Of course he's saying I and me and my, but he's talking about how people in MMA need to be paid; not just the fighters, but the supporting cast as well (sparring partners, coaches, etc.)

At least nobody can bitch about him not speaking to the media or doing press conferences. Oh yeah, wait- Now he's speaking his mind and doing what he's told, and everyone is bitching about that. OK, cool....

Face Palm
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

Standard Cash : 10311

PostSubject: Re: Diaz not happy about many things.    Diaz not happy about many things.  EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 8:02 pm

Dude...you're getting paid to fight. Plain and simple. As a punk growing up in Stockton you did this for free...nothing has changed except you're now doing it in a legal way and getting paid over 6 figures to do so. There are people working 4 times the amount of hours you work trying to cure cancer that are getting paid a quarter of what you make. Stop complaining, go punch someone else in the face and collect your 200k.

And my statement can be directed toward anyone that plays any sport anywhere in the world that makes more than the average human being that doesn't play a childs game for a career.
Back to top Go down
DEP
Internet Troll Champion!
Internet Troll Champion!
DEP

PostSubject: Re: Diaz not happy about many things.    Diaz not happy about many things.  EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 8:37 pm

samger2 wrote:
Dude...you're getting paid to fight. Plain and simple. As a punk growing up in Stockton you did this for free...nothing has changed except you're now doing it in a legal way and getting paid over 6 figures to do so. There are people working 4 times the amount of hours you work trying to cure cancer that are getting paid a quarter of what you make. Stop complaining, go punch someone else in the face and collect your 200k.

And my statement can be directed toward anyone that plays any sport anywhere in the world that makes more than the average human being that doesn't play a childs game for a career.

Checkmate.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Diaz not happy about many things.    Diaz not happy about many things.  EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 8:42 pm

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: Diaz not happy about many things.    Diaz not happy about many things.  EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 9:31 pm

Watching the press conference Diaz did a LOT of whining about how hard his life is and how poorly he is getting paid and that he has trained sooooo hard he hasn't had time to learn how to buy a house.

He went on to say how he has always fought hurt, has the same injury as GSP and he has NEVER walked out on a fight. He just keeps running through rich neighborhoods and on and on.

I don't hate Nick but the shit talking, the whining, telling us all how hard he has had it ... yeah it wears thin. How many years does it take you to earn what he made fighting Penn. Whats his cut going to be of the GSP fight.... cmon cry for Nick? Naw

BUT I still think the best submission I have EVER seen is the gogoplata he put on Gomi.

What a Face
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Diaz not happy about many things.    Diaz not happy about many things.  EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 9:40 pm

I just don't get it.

He avoids talking to the media at every turn and everyone chastises him for not doing his part and being difficult or whatever. Then, when he does open up to the media and speaks his mind at great length, everyone wants to bitch and complain about what he is saying.

WTF do you want him to do?
At least he's saying what he really feels and not acting like a fucking robot like some of these fighters do. I'd much rather have an entertaining press conference like that one than a cookie-cutter, rehearsed cliche-fest any day of the week.

I can't wait til he misses another press-conference or media call or gives really short, guarded answers or something so everyone can start bitching about that again.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: Diaz not happy about many things.    Diaz not happy about many things.  EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 10:03 pm

Usually Im not a fan of the post fight press conference....

"Yeah I got beat up bad... but I'll be back. Tonight Billy Bob was the better fighter.. but lets do this again."

"Yeah I beat the living shit out of John Boy... but he's the man.... he's a tough son of a bitch... I want a shot at the title."

"Yeah I thought the turning point of the fight was where I hit him more than he hit me. "

"HOW THE FUCK DO YOU THINK I FEEL YOU FUCK HEADED DUMB ASS REPORTER LOOK AT MY FUCKING FACE ! I HURT AND I WANNA GO HOME AND LAY DOWN WITH A BIG BAG OF ICE ON MY FACE...." < One can only hope.... heh
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Diaz not happy about many things.    Diaz not happy about many things.  EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 10:33 pm

I could acually see Diaz saying something like that last one there.
Back to top Go down
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
the commie

PostSubject: Re: Diaz not happy about many things.    Diaz not happy about many things.  EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 10:48 pm

so what that he spoke his mind? what he said was stupid.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Diaz not happy about many things.    Diaz not happy about many things.  EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 11:24 pm

That's fine. I just hope you're not one of those people who complain when he doesn't speak enough, that's all.

BTW, did anyone ever accuse Diaz of being smart? You sound surprised that what he said was "stupid", as you put it.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12616

PostSubject: Re: Diaz not happy about many things.    Diaz not happy about many things.  EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 7:05 am

I dont hate Diaz at all. For some reason I like the guy.

I just hate when he takes Mayweather and compares his salary to his.

1) After Mayweather and Pacman nobody in boxing gets paid that way. Nobody. There is a guy in NY who turned pro and he has a fucking 11-0 record and he is fighting next week for $400.

2) Mayweather gets paid that much because he makes the promoters five times that. Diaz not so much.

Back to top Go down
DEP
Internet Troll Champion!
Internet Troll Champion!
DEP

PostSubject: Re: Diaz not happy about many things.    Diaz not happy about many things.  EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 12:00 pm

On top of what Fisto said, what were guys in the UFC making 10yrs ago? 15yrs into pro boxing, take the purse for a HW title fight, adjust for inflation and triple the amount and it'd be nowhere near 200k per fight. Does anyone think Jack Johnson was driving around in 1911's version of Jon Jones' Bentley?

Sorry Nick, you were born at the wrong time. You should've been born 50yrs from now when MMA fighters are making Floyd money.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Diaz not happy about many things.    Diaz not happy about many things.  EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 2:00 pm

Fair enough. But he's not saying anything outrageously different than what other MMA fighters are saying. I just don't see why he specifically is being blasted for wishing he got paid more, when a good majority of the other fighters have the exact same gripe.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22856

PostSubject: Re: Diaz not happy about many things.    Diaz not happy about many things.  EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 2:44 pm

But, it should be noted that a good majority of those fellas griping make much less than Nick....
Back to top Go down
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
the commie

PostSubject: Re: Diaz not happy about many things.    Diaz not happy about many things.  EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 3:15 pm

seriously, i dont care if he bitches about getting paid more. thats just normal for athletes. he knows he gets paid exactly what he should be paid, just trying to push a bit.
the problem is with other shit he said, like, whining about his tough life and making excuses for getting beat up a bit by bj.
Back to top Go down
lambhimself
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
lambhimself

Standard Cash : 5929

PostSubject: Re: Diaz not happy about many things.    Diaz not happy about many things.  EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 3:28 pm

^Word Chrom.

From my point of view I see it as Nick stating the obvious, it is common knowledge to everyone fighter or fan that mixed martial artists are underpaid; especially in comparison to the upper echelon of there boxing counter parts.

A great statement made by FistK about 95% of boxers not making that ridiculous money that Pacman and Floyd make.

In retrospect, any professional athlete who takes there completely unjustifiable salary gripes to a public forum can expect to get what they have coming to them. People are not going to hold back and genuinely take time to consider who or why they are saying it, just be completely disgusted at the fact that the individual has the ball to even mention the notion.

and as I mentioned early in this topic along with samger a few post up, any athlete, any sport; your playing a fucking game for a living or doing what you love; so please don't try to get sympathy from anyone in regards to your salary.

Nick was the goat this time, its plain to see; what or who has Nick done or beat to deserve
GSP, Silva, Couture, or LEsnar money......nothing imo.

Fought a beat a bunch of UFC rejects, lost to KJ, beat some other low level guys;
okay he beat a unfocused and out of sorts BJ. But could he have beaten BJ when he was at the top of his game as Diaz is now, I think not.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Diaz not happy about many things.    Diaz not happy about many things.  Empty

Back to top Go down

Diaz not happy about many things.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next