The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Lashley to be Thrashed by Tim Hague at Shark Fights 21 Vote_lcapLashley to be Thrashed by Tim Hague at Shark Fights 21 Voting_barLashley to be Thrashed by Tim Hague at Shark Fights 21 Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Lashley to be Thrashed by Tim Hague at Shark Fights 21 Vote_lcapLashley to be Thrashed by Tim Hague at Shark Fights 21 Voting_barLashley to be Thrashed by Tim Hague at Shark Fights 21 Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Lashley to be Thrashed by Tim Hague at Shark Fights 21

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22859

Lashley to be Thrashed by Tim Hague at Shark Fights 21 Empty
PostSubject: Lashley to be Thrashed by Tim Hague at Shark Fights 21   Lashley to be Thrashed by Tim Hague at Shark Fights 21 EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 8:21 am

Lashley to be Thrashed by Tim Hague at Shark Fights 21 Bobbyl10

Quote :
UFC veteran Tim Hague will take on former WWE wrestler Bobby Lashley in the main event of Shark Fights 21 on Nov. 11 in Lubbock, Texas.

Shark Fights made the fight announcement late Sunday just days after Darrill Schoonover's departure from the card due to injury.

Hague (13-5), who has competed five times for the UFC over the last two years, holds a notable UFC win over Pat Barry by submission. In his UFC return in January, Hague lost to Matt Mitrione by TKO and was soon after released by the UFC for the third time. Hague then bounced back in September with a submission win over Vince Lucero for Canada's Aggression MMA promotion.

Lashley (6-1) recently inked a multi-fight deal with the Texas-based Shark Fights promotion and will be making his debut with the company on the Nov. 11 card. He fought once prior this year, beating John Ott by decision at Titan FC in March. In an appearance earlier this month on The MMA Hour, Lashley spoke of his intention to return to the big leagues.

"I want to get some fights in and I want to really prove myself in front of these guys," Lashley said to host Ariel Helwani. "So that I can have that door open and maybe go back with Strikeforce or maybe talk to Dana
source

Well, this is by far the biggest test Bobby will have faced in the cage. If he can get by Tim... he just might get that SF contract... but UFC.... don't fool yourself Bobby.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15333

PostSubject: Re: Lashley to be Thrashed by Tim Hague at Shark Fights 21   Lashley to be Thrashed by Tim Hague at Shark Fights 21 EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 8:30 am

^^^^^^^

i agree all pending how he handles Hague. If Lashley makes easy or short work of him he should step up to a bigger league.
Back to top Go down
lambhimself
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
lambhimself

Standard Cash : 5932

PostSubject: Re: Lashley to be Thrashed by Tim Hague at Shark Fights 21   Lashley to be Thrashed by Tim Hague at Shark Fights 21 EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 4:23 pm

I don't think he is in the league of the UFC HW's,
there is a paper trail of fighters I am not confident
he could compete with.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59453

PostSubject: Re: Lashley to be Thrashed by Tim Hague at Shark Fights 21   Lashley to be Thrashed by Tim Hague at Shark Fights 21 EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 8:09 pm

IMO Griggs (who defeated Lashley) is a better fighter than Hague. But either way, this won't vault Lashley into the UFC conversation....and rightfully so.
Back to top Go down
Berserk
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter
Berserk

Standard Cash : 28629

PostSubject: Re: Lashley to be Thrashed by Tim Hague at Shark Fights 21   Lashley to be Thrashed by Tim Hague at Shark Fights 21 EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 12:53 am

I think Lashley will take out Hague. I'm actually one of the few guys that like Bobby Lashley, but I don't think he will ever be UFC champion or anything.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15333

PostSubject: Re: Lashley to be Thrashed by Tim Hague at Shark Fights 21   Lashley to be Thrashed by Tim Hague at Shark Fights 21 EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 8:18 am

Berserk wrote:
I think Lashley will take out Hague. I'm actually one of the few guys that like Bobby Lashley, but I don't think he will ever be UFC champion or anything.

100% and if he wants to even have a chance in the ufc down the road he needs to stop with this pro wrestling stuff and stay dedicated to mma.
Back to top Go down
lambhimself
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
lambhimself

Standard Cash : 5932

PostSubject: Re: Lashley to be Thrashed by Tim Hague at Shark Fights 21   Lashley to be Thrashed by Tim Hague at Shark Fights 21 EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 10:12 am

^^
Completely agree, I don't think any serious fighter can try to be involved
in more than one significant endeavor. Look at Rampage, he quit the UFC
to make a movie; then again I'm sure more intelligent fighters could pull it
off. But it wouldn't be anything totally earth shattering imo.

I like Lashley as well Berserk, I think he has a ton of potential; I just don't think he has applied himself entirely to improving as Gecko said. He should honestly get in with a serious MMA camp like GJ or something to get in over his head where he can do nothing but improve or crumble under the pressure.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22859

PostSubject: Re: Lashley to be Thrashed by Tim Hague at Shark Fights 21   Lashley to be Thrashed by Tim Hague at Shark Fights 21 EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 11:36 am

Wait wait wait.... you think Griggs is better than Hague.... Griggs has a GREAT record but he hasn't faced much for tough competition. Tim has faced a tough line up and fared well enough against most of them. If Bobby wins this, it will be a boring decision via the humpins.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lashley to be Thrashed by Tim Hague at Shark Fights 21   Lashley to be Thrashed by Tim Hague at Shark Fights 21 Empty

Back to top Go down

Lashley to be Thrashed by Tim Hague at Shark Fights 21
Page 1 of 1