The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Tank Abbott and Scott Ferozzo plan NHB bout in Ohio Vote_lcapTank Abbott and Scott Ferozzo plan NHB bout in Ohio Voting_barTank Abbott and Scott Ferozzo plan NHB bout in Ohio Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Tank Abbott and Scott Ferozzo plan NHB bout in Ohio Vote_lcapTank Abbott and Scott Ferozzo plan NHB bout in Ohio Voting_barTank Abbott and Scott Ferozzo plan NHB bout in Ohio Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Tank Abbott and Scott Ferozzo plan NHB bout in Ohio

Go down 
+2
Gecko
Chrom
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22838

Tank Abbott and Scott Ferozzo plan NHB bout in Ohio Empty
PostSubject: Tank Abbott and Scott Ferozzo plan NHB bout in Ohio   Tank Abbott and Scott Ferozzo plan NHB bout in Ohio EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 3:38 pm

Quote :
Joe Show Radio is reporting that David 'Tank' Abbott and Scott Ferrozzo have signed for a rematch, to be held in an Ohio strip club, streamed on the Internet, with pre Unified Rules. Abbott and Ferrozzo first fought at UFC 11 in 1996, with Ferozzo winning the brawl via knockout.

Given the stellar state of regulation in Ohio under the direction of Executive Director of the Ohio Athletic Commission Bernie Profato, the likelihood of the bout taking place as described is on the order of an actual Hitler sighting.

--

Oct. 30th: Ferrozzo vs Tank 2 (NHB rules)

Joe Show Radio, Owner

Just got done talking to the manager of both Tank and Scott Ferrozzo. Here's what I got so far.

The fight is taking place on October 30th in Dayton, Ohio at the old Dixie Cowgirls Night Club, address 5500 north dixie drive.

The club is an old strip club and the dancing stage will be converted into a fighting cage.

The fight will be using old school NHB (UFC 1) rules. Apparently the fight is only going to be stopped if one man is about to die I'm told.

Contracts are signed and money has been put into an escrow so it looks like this thing will be going down.

I'm told that this will be streamed live on the internet through the owner of the strip club's company but I don't have a link or anything yet. If and when I get one I'll post it here.
Source

Just for you Krieger I love you
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15312

PostSubject: Re: Tank Abbott and Scott Ferozzo plan NHB bout in Ohio   Tank Abbott and Scott Ferozzo plan NHB bout in Ohio EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 4:49 pm

This could have some serious bad press for MMA. as cool as i thought the old ways and rules were, this is excatly the stuff that made it so hard to get MMA in the mainstream light. This has the making for alot of anti-mma groups to have some new ammunition to use. Plus given there age and actual size, some one probably will be killed..Not good for the mma world at all.
Back to top Go down
lambhimself
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
lambhimself

Standard Cash : 5911

PostSubject: Re: Tank Abbott and Scott Ferozzo plan NHB bout in Ohio   Tank Abbott and Scott Ferozzo plan NHB bout in Ohio EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 8:14 am

Agreed, the implication of this fight will be neagative; even thoguh nearly fighter is currently associated with any major fight organization. Tank Abbott is definitely a recognizable enough to nmost fans to be clearly associated to the UFC and a legend to some. The sad thing is it might be easy for true fans to say, these guys are looking for one last pay day they couldn't get anywhere else and they have no direct links to any org currently; so there shouldn't be any associations made. However all the anti mma and lobbying groups will use this as fuel and it will be a strong part of any arguments made.

I think one of the biggest problems I have with this is I deem the two events as polar opposites to a point, in one instance current MMA under the unified rules is controlled and executed with the fighters health as #1 concern; while on the other fucked up hand, these other guys want to hold a fight with no rules; where health is not a concern at all, its fuckin "Bloodsport" with two old asses who are out of shape and 2 parts crazy enough not to give a shit what happens to themselves or they're opponent.

Sad day for MMA indeed if this thing goes down.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15312

PostSubject: Re: Tank Abbott and Scott Ferozzo plan NHB bout in Ohio   Tank Abbott and Scott Ferozzo plan NHB bout in Ohio EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 8:26 am

Well no one died at least. Abbot won a UD. It went to a 3 round draw and then did a 4th to declare a winner.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5719

PostSubject: Re: Tank Abbott and Scott Ferozzo plan NHB bout in Ohio   Tank Abbott and Scott Ferozzo plan NHB bout in Ohio EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 8:43 am

OMG ..... I missed this .... I hope its on youtube
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5719

PostSubject: Re: Tank Abbott and Scott Ferozzo plan NHB bout in Ohio   Tank Abbott and Scott Ferozzo plan NHB bout in Ohio EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 9:07 am

As for the fight being the end of the mma world... naw I don't think so. As for being a black eye to the UFC... naw I don't think so... as for being a murderous blood fest... naw I don't think so.

Who will watch this fight...? Old school fans who drooled over and bought the first of the ppv's, the same guys who cheered unabashedly for the violence that was the Tank. The same guys who made Tank one of the most popular fighters in the sport.

This fight is history.... this fight is us old farts going back to the day... this fight ... is in a fucking old strip bar ... with beer readily available to the fighters right afterwards.... the biggest danger here? The defibrillator pooping out and not getting their hearts started again.

So relax boys... this abomination will soon be over and we can all go back to the squeeky clean, well sanctioned, well governed civilized sport that we have today.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

Standard Cash : 10293

PostSubject: Re: Tank Abbott and Scott Ferozzo plan NHB bout in Ohio   Tank Abbott and Scott Ferozzo plan NHB bout in Ohio EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 8:06 pm

My wife's from Dayton, she knows right where Dixie drive is....we're about an hour and a half from there...so close yet oh so far...sigh...
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22838

PostSubject: Re: Tank Abbott and Scott Ferozzo plan NHB bout in Ohio   Tank Abbott and Scott Ferozzo plan NHB bout in Ohio EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 1:48 pm

Face Palm Face Palm

Back to top Go down
ChokingVictim
Sparring Partner
Sparring Partner
ChokingVictim

Standard Cash : 5699

PostSubject: Re: Tank Abbott and Scott Ferozzo plan NHB bout in Ohio   Tank Abbott and Scott Ferozzo plan NHB bout in Ohio EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 11:36 am

They should just fight in the parking lot and stream it out, calling that MMA is bad if its true.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tank Abbott and Scott Ferozzo plan NHB bout in Ohio   Tank Abbott and Scott Ferozzo plan NHB bout in Ohio Empty

Back to top Go down

Tank Abbott and Scott Ferozzo plan NHB bout in Ohio
Page 1 of 1