The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Pat Barry to not sit in chair and rot away.  Vote_lcapPat Barry to not sit in chair and rot away.  Voting_barPat Barry to not sit in chair and rot away.  Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Pat Barry to not sit in chair and rot away.  Vote_lcapPat Barry to not sit in chair and rot away.  Voting_barPat Barry to not sit in chair and rot away.  Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Pat Barry to not sit in chair and rot away.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
9Teen_AT4
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
9Teen_AT4

Standard Cash : 7716

Pat Barry to not sit in chair and rot away.  Empty
PostSubject: Pat Barry to not sit in chair and rot away.    Pat Barry to not sit in chair and rot away.  EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 5:45 pm

Pat Barry to not sit in chair and rot away.  1046_large

UFC Quick Quote: Pat Barry isn't going to sit in his chair and rot away, man

HD Barry wrote:
"I've accepted it. Sometimes you're gonna lose. You can't win all the time. Eventually you've got to fall. That's the only way you can grow and get better. If I lose a fight, it sucks and yeah, I don't want it to happen, but as long as I know I fought my heart out and I did my best whether it's broken limbs or whatnot and just keep on coming, I know that it's gotta happen. It's like if you fail a test in school and you go home and sulk for five days, there's nothing you can do about that. You can be pissed all day and night and I know it sucks but once you've turned the test in, it's done. Once you lose a fight, you lost. That's it. You can learn from it and get better or sit in a chair and rot, rot away. There's winning and there's learning experiences. We win or we learn, one of the two. The only way you really lose is if you come out of an experience and you don't take anything away from that. You stay the same person. If you wake up tomorrow and you're still the same guy that you are today, then you are not advancing, you are not growing, you are not learning, man."

Sure, he was on the cusp of a spectacular finish over Cheick Kongo back in June, but Pat Barry went in a little too recklessly and got KTFO in the process. Is he going to sit at home and rot away? Nope. Instead, he told media members on yesterday's conference call that he's going to learn from his mistakes and come back stronger. That could spell trouble for Stefan Struve, who meets "HD" on the main card of the UFC on Versus 6 event this Saturday night (Oct. 1) in Washington, D.C. Will "The Skyscraper" fall -- or send Barry back to the drawing board for a second straight time? Let's hear some early predictions for this heavyweight slugfest in the comments section below.

The Sauce

Pat Barry to not sit in chair and rot away.  030211after

Yah gotta luvv Pat Barry.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22860

PostSubject: Re: Pat Barry to not sit in chair and rot away.    Pat Barry to not sit in chair and rot away.  EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 6:16 pm

He's got one hell of a personality thats for sure. Im lookin forward to watching him grow as a fighter, especially his wrestling, since he's at both Duke and DeathClutch.
Back to top Go down
Berserk
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter
Berserk

Standard Cash : 28630

PostSubject: Re: Pat Barry to not sit in chair and rot away.    Pat Barry to not sit in chair and rot away.  EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 12:33 am

Well I think we can all agree that Kongo is nearly impossible to finish with strikes, submissions are a different story.

I feel that Barry is going to learn a lot from that loss to Kongo and come back and KO Struve. Hell, if Barry can get on the inside of Kongo's punches he'll get inside of Struve and knock him out. Besides, Barry is a very fast starter while Struve is the opposite.
Back to top Go down
9Teen_AT4
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
9Teen_AT4

Standard Cash : 7716

PostSubject: Re: Pat Barry to not sit in chair and rot away.    Pat Barry to not sit in chair and rot away.  EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 2:36 am

I really hope Barry can finish Struve.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15334

PostSubject: Re: Pat Barry to not sit in chair and rot away.    Pat Barry to not sit in chair and rot away.  EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 10:21 am

9Teen_AT4 wrote:
I really hope Barry can finish Struve.

2nd that
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pat Barry to not sit in chair and rot away.    Pat Barry to not sit in chair and rot away.  Empty

Back to top Go down

Pat Barry to not sit in chair and rot away.
Page 1 of 1