The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Which of GSP's opponents do you think Nick Diaz could beat? Vote_lcapWhich of GSP's opponents do you think Nick Diaz could beat? Voting_barWhich of GSP's opponents do you think Nick Diaz could beat? Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Which of GSP's opponents do you think Nick Diaz could beat? Vote_lcapWhich of GSP's opponents do you think Nick Diaz could beat? Voting_barWhich of GSP's opponents do you think Nick Diaz could beat? Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Which of GSP's opponents do you think Nick Diaz could beat?

Go down 
+6
DEP
stock
9Teen_AT4
butterknifeninja
Triggerman99
Krieger
10 posters

Of GSP's last 10 opponents who do you think Nick could beat?
Shields
Which of GSP's opponents do you think Nick Diaz could beat? Vote_lcap5%Which of GSP's opponents do you think Nick Diaz could beat? Vote_rcap
 5% [ 3 ]
Koscheck
Which of GSP's opponents do you think Nick Diaz could beat? Vote_lcap5%Which of GSP's opponents do you think Nick Diaz could beat? Vote_rcap
 5% [ 3 ]
Hardy
Which of GSP's opponents do you think Nick Diaz could beat? Vote_lcap14%Which of GSP's opponents do you think Nick Diaz could beat? Vote_rcap
 14% [ 9 ]
Alves
Which of GSP's opponents do you think Nick Diaz could beat? Vote_lcap9%Which of GSP's opponents do you think Nick Diaz could beat? Vote_rcap
 9% [ 6 ]
Penn
 5% [ 3 ]
Fitch
Which of GSP's opponents do you think Nick Diaz could beat? Vote_lcap2%Which of GSP's opponents do you think Nick Diaz could beat? Vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Serra
Which of GSP's opponents do you think Nick Diaz could beat? Vote_lcap20%Which of GSP's opponents do you think Nick Diaz could beat? Vote_rcap
 20% [ 13 ]
Hughes
Which of GSP's opponents do you think Nick Diaz could beat? Vote_lcap11%Which of GSP's opponents do you think Nick Diaz could beat? Vote_rcap
 11% [ 7 ]
Sherk
Which of GSP's opponents do you think Nick Diaz could beat? Vote_lcap9%Which of GSP's opponents do you think Nick Diaz could beat? Vote_rcap
 9% [ 6 ]
Trigg
Which of GSP's opponents do you think Nick Diaz could beat? Vote_lcap22%Which of GSP's opponents do you think Nick Diaz could beat? Vote_rcap
 22% [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 65

AuthorMessage
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5731

Which of GSP's opponents do you think Nick Diaz could beat? Empty
PostSubject: Which of GSP's opponents do you think Nick Diaz could beat?   Which of GSP's opponents do you think Nick Diaz could beat? EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 11:48 pm

Georges St Pierre is 22 and 2, Nick Diaz is 25 and 7. Records that are fairly close to each other (on paper). But how do you think Nick Diaz would fair against the opponents that GSP has faced?

( I added Sherk even though Nick has already lost to him)
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: Which of GSP's opponents do you think Nick Diaz could beat?   Which of GSP's opponents do you think Nick Diaz could beat? EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 11:52 pm

Dont get me wrong ... I like Nick, I like watching him fight but I really don't think he is in GSP's league.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59444

PostSubject: Re: Which of GSP's opponents do you think Nick Diaz could beat?   Which of GSP's opponents do you think Nick Diaz could beat? EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 2:13 am

Wow.
Just...... wow.

I have an idea for another poll;

Which author of a poll on this site most blatanlty and obviously loaded said poll with his own personal comments to try and sway the vote to match his own opinion;

I won't post options. Let's just leave it open for interpretation!

(Sorry man. This came off waaaaay harsher than I intended. But.... come on!!!!! What is the point on this poll? I mean.....Really????)

Back to top Go down
butterknifeninja
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
butterknifeninja

Standard Cash : 4007

PostSubject: Re: Which of GSP's opponents do you think Nick Diaz could beat?   Which of GSP's opponents do you think Nick Diaz could beat? EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 10:02 am

I'd give him a better than average shot agat all of those guys. The wrestlers would give him some trouble, especially Kos, who has good standup too.

He's easily in Gsp's league. Nick has good standup, a solid chin (skills aside, Cyborg and Daly hit damn hard), and great jits. I don't see how you could count him out in any of those fights, even against Kos or Fitch. He may not hav fought the same level of competition as GSP (really though, who has?) but the dude has serious skills
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: Which of GSP's opponents do you think Nick Diaz could beat?   Which of GSP's opponents do you think Nick Diaz could beat? EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 10:54 am

Well I do believe the poll itself is neutral ... it asks a simple question with choices that are dictated by fact from the record.

My two posts after are from a fight fan who has an opinion on the matter and a belief that Nick has not fought the same quality of fighter as GSP has.

The poll question itself is extremely neutral and I would insist the the question and the choices are indeed valid.

At this early stage Hardy Serra and Trigg seem to be front runners.

Remember any poll becomes more valid with the more samples taken.
Back to top Go down
9Teen_AT4
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
9Teen_AT4

Standard Cash : 7706

PostSubject: Re: Which of GSP's opponents do you think Nick Diaz could beat?   Which of GSP's opponents do you think Nick Diaz could beat? EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 12:26 pm

Triggerman99 wrote:
Wow.
Just...... wow.

I have an idea for another poll;

Which author of a poll on this site most blatanlty and obviously loaded said poll with his own personal comments to try and sway the vote to match his own opinion;

I won't post options. Let's just leave it open for interpretation!

(Sorry man. This came off waaaaay harsher than I intended. But.... come on!!!!! What is the point on this poll? I mean.....Really????)

lol

anyways I picked... Trigg/Sherk/ and Hardy.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35192

PostSubject: Re: Which of GSP's opponents do you think Nick Diaz could beat?   Which of GSP's opponents do you think Nick Diaz could beat? EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 1:05 pm

I would pick Diaz as the odds on favorite against everyone on that list except for Fitch.

I don't think Fitch or GSP could finish Diaz. It would be a boring decision.
Although GSP or Fitch wouldn't finish many of those guys either.
Back to top Go down
DEP
Internet Troll Champion!
Internet Troll Champion!
DEP

Standard Cash : 9483

PostSubject: Re: Which of GSP's opponents do you think Nick Diaz could beat?   Which of GSP's opponents do you think Nick Diaz could beat? EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 7:49 pm

I think he'd beat Trigg and Serra, everyone else he'd have trouble with. He just had a lot of trouble with Paul Daley who's never been anywhere near a Top 10 list. I think Alves would leg kick Diaz until Diaz died in the octagon. Diaz hasn't fought a ranked opponent in years.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

Standard Cash : 10305

PostSubject: Re: Which of GSP's opponents do you think Nick Diaz could beat?   Which of GSP's opponents do you think Nick Diaz could beat? EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 8:54 pm

I'm actually going with the same...trigg and serra
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Which of GSP's opponents do you think Nick Diaz could beat?   Which of GSP's opponents do you think Nick Diaz could beat? EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 12:54 am

DEP wrote:
I think he'd beat Trigg and Serra, everyone else he'd have trouble with. He just had a lot of trouble with Paul Daley who's never been anywhere near a Top 10 list. I think Alves would leg kick Diaz until Diaz died in the octagon. Diaz hasn't fought a ranked opponent in years.

Huh?!
Daley was balls deep in the top ten when he fought Kos. In fact, with a win over Kos, he would've gotten a title shot.

And Krieger,
My beef was not with the poll itself, but with your comments in the next post(s). Al I'm saying is that I don't think it's right for an author to start a poll that is supposed to be open to vote if you're going to load the option with your own suggestion and opinion that is obviously meant to sway the vote. I know we all can form our opinions, but the poll itself just comes off kind of jaded and innacurate when the author of it imediately follows it up with his own opinion of why the voters should vote one way and not the other.

I don't mean to be a fucker dude. Really. I love debating you. But you sound like MSNBC when they open a poll on how Americans (should) feel about Obama.
Back to top Go down
Zacchaeus
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter
Zacchaeus

Standard Cash : 5398

PostSubject: Re: Which of GSP's opponents do you think Nick Diaz could beat?   Which of GSP's opponents do you think Nick Diaz could beat? EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 9:39 am

I don't see it. Sorry, Trigg.

Anyways, the only fight in that whole list that I would be 100% sure about would be Trigg.

Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: Which of GSP's opponents do you think Nick Diaz could beat?   Which of GSP's opponents do you think Nick Diaz could beat? EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 11:17 am

Trigg I see your point from now on I will wait for the first "non-me" post before I start responding to my own poll.

Zacc.... do you mean Frank Trigg or Triggerman..... cause I think Triggerman could beat Nick's ass in a heartbeat. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: Which of GSP's opponents do you think Nick Diaz could beat?   Which of GSP's opponents do you think Nick Diaz could beat? EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 11:31 am

Heh Trigg (not the Frank one) its funny cause you sound like FOX News saying George Bush was smart... Iraq was full of WMD's and that Witch Lady would make a good president.

But lets just both agree that Michael Moore is the best film maker EVER and that Jon Stewart and Colbert are the best source on non-biased news in America.

Which of GSP's opponents do you think Nick Diaz could beat? Team-america-20041014040125738_640w

OMFG ! WHAT have I started?
Back to top Go down
Zacchaeus
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter
Zacchaeus

PostSubject: Re: Which of GSP's opponents do you think Nick Diaz could beat?   Which of GSP's opponents do you think Nick Diaz could beat? EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 6:22 pm

Krieger wrote:
Trigg I see your point from now on I will wait for the first "non-me" post before I start responding to my own poll.

Zacc.... do you mean Frank Trigg or Triggerman..... cause I think Triggerman could beat Nick's ass in a heartbeat. What a Face

Yeah... I guess that did come off a little confusing. Totally meant Trigger would beat Diaz's ass. Yeah, we'll go with that. Predict a win via twister and ear gnawing.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: Which of GSP's opponents do you think Nick Diaz could beat?   Which of GSP's opponents do you think Nick Diaz could beat? EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 8:01 pm

Which of GSP's opponents do you think Nick Diaz could beat? Mike-Tyson-biting-ear
Back to top Go down
9Teen_AT4
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
9Teen_AT4

Standard Cash : 7706

PostSubject: Re: Which of GSP's opponents do you think Nick Diaz could beat?   Which of GSP's opponents do you think Nick Diaz could beat? EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 1:37 am

Krieger wrote:
Heh Trigg (not the Frank one) its funny cause you sound like FOX News saying George Bush was smart... Iraq was full of WMD's and that Witch Lady would make a good president.

But lets just both agree that Michael Moore is the best film maker EVER and that Jon Stewart and Colbert are the best source on non-biased news in America.

Which of GSP's opponents do you think Nick Diaz could beat? Team-america-20041014040125738_640w

OMFG ! WHAT have I started?

Nah you mean Alex Jones
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Which of GSP's opponents do you think Nick Diaz could beat?   Which of GSP's opponents do you think Nick Diaz could beat? EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 2:34 am

Actually, I would beat Nick Diaz by flying guillotine/heel hook combo (trust me....it's possible). But the commision would turn the fight into a NC due my elevated levels of awesomeness, which as we all know, is not exactly illegal, but widely frowned upon.
Back to top Go down
Zacchaeus
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter
Zacchaeus

PostSubject: Re: Which of GSP's opponents do you think Nick Diaz could beat?   Which of GSP's opponents do you think Nick Diaz could beat? EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 3:10 pm

Trigger, have you been practicing submissions in bed again... The next I have to set a girl's shoulder back into socket or pull out the ammonia packs you are forking out some cash.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15324

PostSubject: Re: Which of GSP's opponents do you think Nick Diaz could beat?   Which of GSP's opponents do you think Nick Diaz could beat? EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 8:58 am

trigg and maybe serra are the only ones he would stand a chance with
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22850

PostSubject: Re: Which of GSP's opponents do you think Nick Diaz could beat?   Which of GSP's opponents do you think Nick Diaz could beat? EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 9:00 am

This has definitely been a showing poll. I think it proves that we all aren't fully sold on ol' Nick.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which of GSP's opponents do you think Nick Diaz could beat?   Which of GSP's opponents do you think Nick Diaz could beat? Empty

Back to top Go down

Which of GSP's opponents do you think Nick Diaz could beat?
Page 1 of 1