The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Diego Sanchez Out of Hughes Fight with a Broken Hand Vote_lcapDiego Sanchez Out of Hughes Fight with a Broken Hand Voting_barDiego Sanchez Out of Hughes Fight with a Broken Hand Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Diego Sanchez Out of Hughes Fight with a Broken Hand Vote_lcapDiego Sanchez Out of Hughes Fight with a Broken Hand Voting_barDiego Sanchez Out of Hughes Fight with a Broken Hand Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Diego Sanchez Out of Hughes Fight with a Broken Hand

Go down 
+5
ChokingVictim
Krieger
Chrom
Berserk
butterknifeninja
9 posters
AuthorMessage
butterknifeninja
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
butterknifeninja

Standard Cash : 4013

Diego Sanchez Out of Hughes Fight with a Broken Hand Empty
PostSubject: Diego Sanchez Out of Hughes Fight with a Broken Hand   Diego Sanchez Out of Hughes Fight with a Broken Hand EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 5:11 pm

BJPenn.com

Quote :
UFC welterweight fighter, Diego Sanchez, has been forced out of his scheduled UFC 135 matchup with Matt Hughes, due to a broken hand suffered during training.

The news comes straight from Dana White, just moments ago and as confirmed by the company president, a search for a replacement is currently underway.

No word on the extent of the injury or how long Sanchez will be out of action was given at the time of this report.

Mad Mad Mad
Back to top Go down
Berserk
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter
Berserk

Standard Cash : 28626

PostSubject: Re: Diego Sanchez Out of Hughes Fight with a Broken Hand   Diego Sanchez Out of Hughes Fight with a Broken Hand EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 5:25 pm

That sucks! Was really looking forward to this one! Neutral
Back to top Go down
butterknifeninja
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
butterknifeninja

PostSubject: Re: Diego Sanchez Out of Hughes Fight with a Broken Hand   Diego Sanchez Out of Hughes Fight with a Broken Hand EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 5:32 pm

Me too, I thought Hughes would have a pretty good chance of winning. Diego hasn't looked good in a while
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22856

PostSubject: Re: Diego Sanchez Out of Hughes Fight with a Broken Hand   Diego Sanchez Out of Hughes Fight with a Broken Hand EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 6:17 pm

fuck.... I really liked that match up for Hughes too....
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5737

PostSubject: Re: Diego Sanchez Out of Hughes Fight with a Broken Hand   Diego Sanchez Out of Hughes Fight with a Broken Hand EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 6:21 pm

Time to call Royce ... $100 000 winner take all .... heh
Back to top Go down
butterknifeninja
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
butterknifeninja

PostSubject: Re: Diego Sanchez Out of Hughes Fight with a Broken Hand   Diego Sanchez Out of Hughes Fight with a Broken Hand EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 8:11 pm

Just read that Kos accepted the fight on short notice. So much for 185...
Back to top Go down
Berserk
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter
Berserk

Standard Cash : 28626

PostSubject: Re: Diego Sanchez Out of Hughes Fight with a Broken Hand   Diego Sanchez Out of Hughes Fight with a Broken Hand EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 8:32 pm

Hmmm if Kos took the fight, that is actually very interesting. I would watch it
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Diego Sanchez Out of Hughes Fight with a Broken Hand   Diego Sanchez Out of Hughes Fight with a Broken Hand EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 8:35 pm

Great replacement rank and status wise, but its gonna be a longer night for Hughes now IMO
Back to top Go down
butterknifeninja
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
butterknifeninja

PostSubject: Re: Diego Sanchez Out of Hughes Fight with a Broken Hand   Diego Sanchez Out of Hughes Fight with a Broken Hand EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 9:16 pm

Yea, Diego was definitely an easier fight for Hughes.
Back to top Go down
ChokingVictim
Sparring Partner
Sparring Partner
ChokingVictim

Standard Cash : 5717

PostSubject: Re: Diego Sanchez Out of Hughes Fight with a Broken Hand   Diego Sanchez Out of Hughes Fight with a Broken Hand EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 7:49 am

not official yet I just read, Hughes has to accept and I dont think he has yet.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

Standard Cash : 10311

PostSubject: Re: Diego Sanchez Out of Hughes Fight with a Broken Hand   Diego Sanchez Out of Hughes Fight with a Broken Hand EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 11:35 am

Definitely a worse matchup for Hughes...Kos has better wrestling, better standup and Hughes can no longer take a punch and his timing is way off.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15330

PostSubject: Re: Diego Sanchez Out of Hughes Fight with a Broken Hand   Diego Sanchez Out of Hughes Fight with a Broken Hand EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 1:39 pm

I dont see how hueghs had much of a chance with Sanchez. Diego would have murdered him in the first. kos would have done the same.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Diego Sanchez Out of Hughes Fight with a Broken Hand   Diego Sanchez Out of Hughes Fight with a Broken Hand EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 4:35 pm

IDK Sanchez has been lookin flabby and inconsistent lately IMO
KOS on the other hand has done nothing but gotten better
Back to top Go down
KingPin
Sparring Partner
Sparring Partner
KingPin

Standard Cash : 5195

PostSubject: Re: Diego Sanchez Out of Hughes Fight with a Broken Hand   Diego Sanchez Out of Hughes Fight with a Broken Hand EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 7:20 pm

Kos vs Hughes is now official. http://www.ufc.com/news/Sanchez-injured-out-of-UFC-135-bout-with-Hughes

Don't think too much of KOS as a personality but you have to respect him for coming up to the plate on short notice to fight again.
Back to top Go down
butterknifeninja
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
butterknifeninja

PostSubject: Re: Diego Sanchez Out of Hughes Fight with a Broken Hand   Diego Sanchez Out of Hughes Fight with a Broken Hand EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 9:44 pm

KingPin wrote:
Don't think too much of KOS as a personality but you have to respect him for coming up to the plate on short notice to fight again.

Absolutely man. Hughes is definitely in the twilight of his career but he's still a very dangerous guy
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59450

PostSubject: Re: Diego Sanchez Out of Hughes Fight with a Broken Hand   Diego Sanchez Out of Hughes Fight with a Broken Hand EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 12:16 am

I think with this change in opponent, Hughes went from favorite to heavy underdog. Just stylistically, Kos poses major problems for Hughes; comparable wrestling (with Kos probably holding an edge at this point in Hughes' career), striing going to Kos, and unless I'm mistaken, size advantage going to Kos as well.

I strongly dislike both fighters. But with that said, I hope Hughes scores a savage G-n-P victory over Kos. But I just don't see it. One can only hope......
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15330

PostSubject: Re: Diego Sanchez Out of Hughes Fight with a Broken Hand   Diego Sanchez Out of Hughes Fight with a Broken Hand EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 7:40 am

Triggerman99 wrote:
I think with this change in opponent, Hughes went from favorite to heavy underdog. Just stylistically, Kos poses major problems for Hughes; comparable wrestling (with Kos probably holding an edge at this point in Hughes' career), striing going to Kos, and unless I'm mistaken, size advantage going to Kos as well.

I strongly dislike both fighters. But with that said, I hope Hughes scores a savage G-n-P victory over Kos. But I just don't see it. One can only hope......

cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Diego Sanchez Out of Hughes Fight with a Broken Hand   Diego Sanchez Out of Hughes Fight with a Broken Hand Empty

Back to top Go down

Diego Sanchez Out of Hughes Fight with a Broken Hand
Page 1 of 1