The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
In the Wake of Mike Goldberg's Exit, UFC Hires New Analyst Vote_lcapIn the Wake of Mike Goldberg's Exit, UFC Hires New Analyst Voting_barIn the Wake of Mike Goldberg's Exit, UFC Hires New Analyst Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
In the Wake of Mike Goldberg's Exit, UFC Hires New Analyst Vote_lcapIn the Wake of Mike Goldberg's Exit, UFC Hires New Analyst Voting_barIn the Wake of Mike Goldberg's Exit, UFC Hires New Analyst Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

In the Wake of Mike Goldberg's Exit, UFC Hires New Analyst

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59430

In the Wake of Mike Goldberg's Exit, UFC Hires New Analyst Empty
PostSubject: In the Wake of Mike Goldberg's Exit, UFC Hires New Analyst   In the Wake of Mike Goldberg's Exit, UFC Hires New Analyst EmptyThu Jan 05, 2017 5:54 pm

http://www.mmaweekly.com/ufc-makes-new-broadcasting-hire-as-mike-goldberg-exits-after-20-years

Hope this doesn't make Rogan decide to retire, too. We could have no consistency and a new team in the UFC every other week like friggin Bellator.
No
Back to top Go down
Grey Suit
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Grey Suit

Standard Cash : 31164

PostSubject: Re: In the Wake of Mike Goldberg's Exit, UFC Hires New Analyst   In the Wake of Mike Goldberg's Exit, UFC Hires New Analyst EmptyFri Jan 06, 2017 10:32 am

Kind of an odd move considering all of the MMA play-by-play talent that is currently out there.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: In the Wake of Mike Goldberg's Exit, UFC Hires New Analyst   In the Wake of Mike Goldberg's Exit, UFC Hires New Analyst EmptyFri Jan 06, 2017 1:35 pm

Yeah, it seems like they're bringing in another color commentator to replace a play-by-play guy. Seems like it's kind of encroaching on Rogan's territory a bit.
But according to the article this guy won't be used as a direct replacement for Goldberg or in the same capacity, so I guess it might not be as straightforward as I thought.

Still, I don't like where this is going. I don't want a whole rotation of talking heads covering the events.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22836

PostSubject: Re: In the Wake of Mike Goldberg's Exit, UFC Hires New Analyst   In the Wake of Mike Goldberg's Exit, UFC Hires New Analyst EmptyFri Jan 06, 2017 9:20 pm

I really dislike a lot of the moves being made recently... so this doesn't really surprise me. Like Grey said there are sooooo many well versed and more liked guys out there, ones gotta wonder if this isn't just an odd move to get in a good light with espn or something...
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: In the Wake of Mike Goldberg's Exit, UFC Hires New Analyst   In the Wake of Mike Goldberg's Exit, UFC Hires New Analyst EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 1:15 am

Yeah as sketchy as Dana's moves have been, things have been on another level since the sale.

Mark my words; Rogan bounces within the year.
Back to top Go down
Grey Suit
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Grey Suit

Standard Cash : 31164

PostSubject: Re: In the Wake of Mike Goldberg's Exit, UFC Hires New Analyst   In the Wake of Mike Goldberg's Exit, UFC Hires New Analyst EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 8:57 pm

Triggerman99 wrote:
Yeah as sketchy as Dana's moves have been, things have been on another level since the sale.

Mark my words; Rogan bounces within the year.

I don't think they will let him out of his contract, but I'm guessing he is out when it is done. He almost did not re-sign this time around.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: In the Wake of Mike Goldberg's Exit, UFC Hires New Analyst   In the Wake of Mike Goldberg's Exit, UFC Hires New Analyst EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 9:40 pm

I'm not sure how that would work. I doubt he'd go to another org like Bellator or anything; I'd guess he'd leave the MMA commentating business altogether.
I'm betting he would be free to leave and do what he wants if that's the case. They can't make him stay as long as he doesn't continue in the same capacity elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12596

PostSubject: Re: In the Wake of Mike Goldberg's Exit, UFC Hires New Analyst   In the Wake of Mike Goldberg's Exit, UFC Hires New Analyst EmptyTue Jan 10, 2017 6:29 am

I dont think Rogan gives a shit. He didnt like Goldy and the UFC just let him sign a deal where he only has to do events in the US so he's happy.

From what I have read these moves are kind of getting forced down Dana's throat now. The new company has a vision to change a lot of the old stuff.

Doesnt sound like this guy will be a replacement for Goldy, but more of a guy they go to here and there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In the Wake of Mike Goldberg's Exit, UFC Hires New Analyst   In the Wake of Mike Goldberg's Exit, UFC Hires New Analyst Empty

Back to top Go down

In the Wake of Mike Goldberg's Exit, UFC Hires New Analyst
Page 1 of 1