The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Fedor vs Maldonado video :) Vote_lcapFedor vs Maldonado video :) Voting_barFedor vs Maldonado video :) Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Fedor vs Maldonado video :) Vote_lcapFedor vs Maldonado video :) Voting_barFedor vs Maldonado video :) Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Fedor vs Maldonado video :)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22859

Fedor vs Maldonado video :) Empty
PostSubject: Fedor vs Maldonado video :)   Fedor vs Maldonado video :) EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 6:09 pm

Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59453

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs Maldonado video :)   Fedor vs Maldonado video :) EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 10:11 pm

Wow.
Just........wow.

So apparently you get points for getting knocked on your ass and then rallying by racking up points via beating the fuck out of your opponents gloves.
Cool.
Back to top Go down
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

Standard Cash : 16398

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs Maldonado video :)   Fedor vs Maldonado video :) EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 11:51 pm

fedor get greased by any top 5 hw OR lhw in ufc and greased by any top 10 hw in the ufc......
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

Standard Cash : 10261

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs Maldonado video :)   Fedor vs Maldonado video :) EmptySat Jun 18, 2016 8:39 am

that was a great fight..

fedors output is crazy. he can take a beating and keep coming forward.

even with lovehandles like that he seems to be in great shape for a 40 yr old guy with that many fights under his belt.

this might have killed the ufc deal because I'm pretty sure he was supposed to steamroll Fabio and it would build up spmething for his ufc signing. but now who knows.

I agree after watching that fight he will not beat top 5 in ufc but he will definitely put on some shows for us to watch and I hope we have a chane to witness him in some of those matchups.

fedor has absolutely zero defense and I hope he was fighting like that in the first round because he wanted to impress the ufc brass or something because he was guns blazing and got rocked from that shot from Fabio..

I thought fedor won that fight but it was super close.
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs Maldonado video :)   Fedor vs Maldonado video :) EmptySat Jun 18, 2016 8:41 am

and props to Fabio in the first round - don't know what happened after that but his striking in the opening was on point.

not bad for a guy with a broken neck.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35201

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs Maldonado video :)   Fedor vs Maldonado video :) EmptySun Jun 19, 2016 9:04 am

I don't know.
I thought Fedor looked just fine for his first competitive opponent in years.
We all knew Fabiano was not a total pushover, and the only guy that's ever really steamrolled him was Stipe.

Fedor got fucking jacked in the first round and pretty much fought 2/3 of a round in a daze. Then a 40 year old man took over the action for the rest of the fight. Sure, he may not have landed much flush, but his output was incredible for a HW.

I don't think he gets rolled by any top 10 HW, and I think he is a threat to anyone outside the top 3-4. AND, (maybe even more importantly to me) he's a fighter. He comes in for the kill and does it early. I hope the UFC still signs him. He's got some great fights left in him win or lose.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59453

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs Maldonado video :)   Fedor vs Maldonado video :) EmptySun Jun 19, 2016 12:35 pm

It's just pretty telling when the bar being set for Fedor right now is "Well he looked OK against a LHW who isn't a total pushover".
And I'm not saying you're making excuses, because that really does seem to be all we're expecting out of him at this point, but I think it's a little..... no, A LOT overzealous to try and parlay a controversial majority decision against Fabio Maldonado in which he was nearly finished in the first and dropped a few other times into a belief that he can compete in the UFC HW division. I just can't connect those dots.

If he does get into the UFC and gets waxed by the first HW he faces, where are we going to lower the bar to then?
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs Maldonado video :)   Fedor vs Maldonado video :) EmptySun Jun 19, 2016 1:08 pm

Fabio has zero take down defense and I'm wondering why fedor didn't go for a ake down and try to sub him.

I wonder if the "possible" deal with the ufc had anything to do with his game plan against Fabio.

fedor is a fighter and in a way I think it was great to see him overcome that first round and stay in the fight pushing the pace and doing what he needed to do against a tough dude with hammers for fists.

I hope he signs with ufc so we could see some possible wars... god willing his chin will hold up.

Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22859

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs Maldonado video :)   Fedor vs Maldonado video :) EmptySun Jun 19, 2016 3:48 pm

Sign him for one fight against the winner of Lesnar/Hunt. I'm down for that fight.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35201

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs Maldonado video :)   Fedor vs Maldonado video :) EmptyMon Jun 20, 2016 7:49 am

Triggerman99 wrote:
It's just pretty telling when the bar being set for Fedor right now is "Well he looked OK against a LHW who isn't a total pushover".
And I'm not saying you're making excuses, because that really does seem to be all we're expecting out of him at this point, but I think it's a little..... no, A LOT overzealous to try and parlay a controversial majority decision against Fabio Maldonado in which he was nearly finished in the first and dropped a few other times into a belief that he can compete in the UFC HW division. I just can't connect those dots.

If he does get into the UFC and gets waxed by the first HW he faces, where are we going to lower the bar to then?

Yeah, not making excuses for Fedor. This is all I am expecting of him. I still don't think it's unreasonable to think that he poses a threat to any bottom half of the top 10 heavyweights. I'm fine with him competing at that maximum level.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs Maldonado video :)   Fedor vs Maldonado video :) Empty

Back to top Go down

Fedor vs Maldonado video :)
Page 1 of 1