The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Hunt Explodes Over Brock Lesnar’s USADA "Exemption" Vote_lcapHunt Explodes Over Brock Lesnar’s USADA "Exemption" Voting_barHunt Explodes Over Brock Lesnar’s USADA "Exemption" Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Hunt Explodes Over Brock Lesnar’s USADA "Exemption" Vote_lcapHunt Explodes Over Brock Lesnar’s USADA "Exemption" Voting_barHunt Explodes Over Brock Lesnar’s USADA "Exemption" Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Hunt Explodes Over Brock Lesnar’s USADA "Exemption"

Go down 
+3
Triggerman99
norcalmatt
Krieger
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22854

Hunt Explodes Over Brock Lesnar’s USADA "Exemption" Empty
PostSubject: Hunt Explodes Over Brock Lesnar’s USADA "Exemption"   Hunt Explodes Over Brock Lesnar’s USADA "Exemption" EmptyThu Jun 09, 2016 2:51 pm

A lot of unfounded things were said by Mark... I don't like this look on him.
Quote :
I don’t think that’s fair. I think it’s a load of bullsh*t, I think it’s rubbish,” Hunt told UFC FIGHT WEEK on Fox Sports in an exclusive interview. “I don’t think anyone should be exempt from testing. If they’re trying to clean the sport up — mixed martial arts — this is a bad way to do it. I don’t care who you are. It’s ridiculous.”

Hunt continued, “I don’t think it’s a great move. I think he’s juiced to the gills — and I still think I’m going to knock him out. So I don’t think that’s correct. I don’t think he should be allowed to get a four-month exemption otherwise everyone else should. Otherwise I should start juicing.”

A very honest Hunt elaborated.

“How are you going to clean the sport up doing that sh*t? It won’t happen. I don’t think it’s fair. I’ve already voiced my opinion to (UFC boss) Dana (White) about it but apparently he (Lesnar) has been getting tested but he’s probably been off a couple of cycles anyway.”
http://www.mmanews.com/mark-hunt-explodes-over-brock-lesnars-usada-exemption-its-a-load-of-bullsht/
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

Standard Cash : 10256

PostSubject: Re: Hunt Explodes Over Brock Lesnar’s USADA "Exemption"   Hunt Explodes Over Brock Lesnar’s USADA "Exemption" EmptyThu Jun 09, 2016 3:11 pm

seems uncharacteristic of hunt to speak like this..
maybe hyping the fight?

but I have to agree with him. I know people in the other post that I posted were like its dumb no story here or whatever but to me and apparently mark hunt this is an issue. Brock should have handed his info over months ago especially he said that he called dana a few months back and told him he wanted on the 200 card. they knew he was planning on fighting so they should have done the right thing to cover themselves and avoid any possible negative press
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5735

PostSubject: Re: Hunt Explodes Over Brock Lesnar’s USADA "Exemption"   Hunt Explodes Over Brock Lesnar’s USADA "Exemption" EmptyThu Jun 09, 2016 3:44 pm

So lets be clear.... Brock has not tested positive, the USADA has exempted him from 4 months of out of competition testing he's available for testing now and is coming off a 4 year lay-off.

Ok.... So Hunt is hyping animosity and the fight..... or ..... If Hunt is really concerned so just back out and let Brock fight someone else.... but ..... Brock money is big money and his opponent has got to get some sort of cut.... or Hunt setting up an excuse just in case he loses..... or ....

WTF .... MEH ! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35196

PostSubject: Re: Hunt Explodes Over Brock Lesnar’s USADA "Exemption"   Hunt Explodes Over Brock Lesnar’s USADA "Exemption" EmptyThu Jun 09, 2016 4:08 pm

I don't see this as being any different than the UFC signing a Russian (for example) fighter for the first time that had not been previously tested since living/competing in a different country.

If a fighter really wants to go on a juicing spree at the expense of letting their contract lapse for an indefinite amount of time where they will not be making money, I don't see that as being simply, "Well, then everyone else should do it" to get a 4 month exemption.
It's "In Competition" testing. So, if you are not fighting, I don't see why you should be subject to testing.
Back to top Go down
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

Standard Cash : 16393

PostSubject: Re: Hunt Explodes Over Brock Lesnar’s USADA "Exemption"   Hunt Explodes Over Brock Lesnar’s USADA "Exemption" EmptyThu Jun 09, 2016 6:20 pm

I see it being a problem if he signed to fight more than 4 months away and was getting a 4 month exemption but that's not the case. The way is came off to me was that he will be tested right away and treated like any other fighter but because he signed the deal less than 4 months out they will give the exemption so the fight can happen provided he tests clean now.....and I just read something saying that he was tested today and results will be in soon.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59448

PostSubject: Re: Hunt Explodes Over Brock Lesnar’s USADA "Exemption"   Hunt Explodes Over Brock Lesnar’s USADA "Exemption" EmptyThu Jun 09, 2016 9:09 pm

I'm pretty tired right now, so maybe this is completely irrelevant and has no bearing on the discussion whatsoever, but if I had to guess how this went down, it was a spur of the moment thing to get some more star power on the UFC 200 card.
Dana looked at the line-up, had the opportunity to add Brock to it, and went ahead and did it. At that point, Brock is to be tested going forward, even though he wasn't tested throughout, like all the other fighters are.

Does that sound about right?
If that's the case, I don't see the problem with it.

Now if everyone on the inside (including the commission) knew Brock was going to be coming back a long time ago and just sat on their hands and did no testing or anything under the guise that the fight wasn't "officially" signed yet, then yeah, I could see an issue there.

What I don't understand is that if this fight just materialized in the short time that we were all led to believe it did, then Hunt would be included among those people who knew that he'd be signing a to fight a guy who was not an active pro MMA fighter until like a week ago or whatever. So what exactly is he beefing about?
He knows UFC 200 is only a few weeks away and he just agreed to fight Lesnar at it, so exactly what the hell did he think was the case with the testing of Lesnar? He assumed he was being tested this entire time while he was in the WWE?
No way in hell. He knows Lesnar was not being tested, and he knows there's only a short time until the fight, which means he knows he could potentially be fighting a guy who was recently roided up when nobody could do anything about it. So why take the fucking fight then if you're so worried about it??

Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12614

PostSubject: Re: Hunt Explodes Over Brock Lesnar’s USADA "Exemption"   Hunt Explodes Over Brock Lesnar’s USADA "Exemption" EmptyFri Jun 10, 2016 6:43 am

Hunt just doesnt have his facts straight.  This happens EVERY time the UFC signs someone outside of the UFC to fight on short notice.  Its not special for Brock.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35196

PostSubject: Re: Hunt Explodes Over Brock Lesnar’s USADA "Exemption"   Hunt Explodes Over Brock Lesnar’s USADA "Exemption" EmptyFri Jun 10, 2016 8:41 am

Exactly. This happens any time the UFC contracts a fighter less than 4 months prior to a fight. All the time.

The testing is for "in competition". If you are not competing or under contract with an organization with USADA oversight, then there is no reason to test. That is why there is this exemption in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Hunt Explodes Over Brock Lesnar’s USADA "Exemption"   Hunt Explodes Over Brock Lesnar’s USADA "Exemption" EmptyFri Jun 10, 2016 12:10 pm

Sorry drainbamage, but it sounds like this is once again a "non-story" to all of us here.

lol!
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: Hunt Explodes Over Brock Lesnar’s USADA "Exemption"   Hunt Explodes Over Brock Lesnar’s USADA "Exemption" EmptyTue Jun 14, 2016 12:14 pm

yeah I wasn't expecting much to come out of it that's why I wrote that to me it is an issue and I think the majority of the mma community agrees/feels the same way that I do. outside of this site of course.. but brock spoke with dana months ago nd told him he wanted to fight on the ufc 200 card. if that's his intentions why didn't he hand in his paperwork to the commission and do things the right way?
there were rumors for months that brock was fighting. shit he even appeared at ufc events. so to me I feel like this is bullshit and this is the ufc doing what they want when they want.

pull conor from the card for not following the protocol but shit lets give brock special treatment??? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

PostSubject: Re: Hunt Explodes Over Brock Lesnar’s USADA "Exemption"   Hunt Explodes Over Brock Lesnar’s USADA "Exemption" EmptyTue Jun 14, 2016 12:28 pm

I don't know bud, your way just sounds way to tin foil hat and aliens to me.

So your theory is that Brock, The WWE, and The UFC all knew that Brock was going to be fighting at UFC 200 for months, but hid it because they knew Brock would be randomly drug tested days after signing and not that it took some time for the UFC to decide pay, contract, opponent, etc. and to come to an agreement with the WWE?

I am not saying Brock is an angel, but I think we are giving him too much credit for this scheme. I would be shocked if he even knew about this 4 month rule (i never heard of it until now) and if he did i'm not sure why he would go through all of the trouble of filing papwerwork, etc if he wasn't sure he was going to fight.

Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: Hunt Explodes Over Brock Lesnar’s USADA "Exemption"   Hunt Explodes Over Brock Lesnar’s USADA "Exemption" EmptyTue Jun 14, 2016 1:07 pm

I think its pretty safe to say that if not all then the majority of wwe fighters are steadily using peds..
brock clearly mentioned that he told dana months ago that he wanted on the card for ufc 200
I'm sure negotiations started at that moment
I'm also pretty confident that behind closed doors they had discussions about possible steroid use.
they also knew a way around the typical guidelines

it doesn't make sense to me that conor wasn't willing to do promoting for his fight and he gets pulled to be on a card that is held a month later and he is willing to do promotions and all of a sudden with conor being pulled for not fulfilling his media obligations they randomly have brock lesnar on the card to fight in a 4 week notice but he mentioned he was gunning for this card for a long time. something to me doesn't add up.

I do believe that the UFC, Brock, and the WWE all knew that brock would be fighting at UFC 200. half of MMA media has been speculating it for months so I think someone knew something for a while.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

PostSubject: Re: Hunt Explodes Over Brock Lesnar’s USADA "Exemption"   Hunt Explodes Over Brock Lesnar’s USADA "Exemption" EmptyTue Jun 14, 2016 1:12 pm

ok
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Hunt Explodes Over Brock Lesnar’s USADA "Exemption"   Hunt Explodes Over Brock Lesnar’s USADA "Exemption" EmptyTue Jun 14, 2016 3:25 pm

drainbamage wrote:
I think the majority of the mma community agrees/feels the same way that I do. outside of this site of course..
So basically this site is the only MMA site with critical thinkers...

cheers
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Hunt Explodes Over Brock Lesnar’s USADA "Exemption"   Hunt Explodes Over Brock Lesnar’s USADA "Exemption" EmptyTue Jun 14, 2016 3:31 pm

I think that is one hell of a conspiracy theory though. And like all truly great conspiracy theories it likely will never be able to be proven...
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Hunt Explodes Over Brock Lesnar’s USADA "Exemption"   Hunt Explodes Over Brock Lesnar’s USADA "Exemption" EmptyTue Jun 14, 2016 3:36 pm

Chrom wrote:

drainbamage wrote:
I think the majority of the mma community agrees/feels the same way that I do. outside of this site of course..

So basically this site is the only MMA site with critical thinkers...

cheers

cheers cheers cheers cheers

My thoughts exactly!

I'm all for thinking outside the box, but if "the majority of the MMA community" feels that this is some gargantuan conspiracy between the UFC, WWE and all the other powers that be to intentionally let a roided up Lesnar fight at UFC 200 and we're all having the wool pulled over our eyes about it, I'm delighted and perfectly comfortable to be the exception to that line of thinking.

Wink
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: Hunt Explodes Over Brock Lesnar’s USADA "Exemption"   Hunt Explodes Over Brock Lesnar’s USADA "Exemption" EmptyTue Jun 14, 2016 4:56 pm

its not that far fetched if you think about.
wrestlemania wwes biggest show was in april and I think brock was the headliner and hes also one of their biggest stars in that sport.
ufc needs ratings.
bad.
lots of talk about the 200 card sucking and not doing numbers. the ufc needed something big and they got brock to go in.
I'm not calling it a conspiracy theory or anything else. its plain and simple shady business in my eyes .
I do believe they knew he was going to compete for a long time and wrestlers have a history of steroids and being wrestlemania was in april I'm pretty sure brock was cycling for the biggest show in wwe.

why I think its shady is because
brock asked to be on this card months ago.
why didn't ufc submit his forms to usada and have that set up so when he fights this issue wouldn't have happened?
that's what leads me to believe that there was a possibility that brock was juicing for wrestlemania/wwe and they needed to wait it out until he was clean and announce the fight.
I happen to agree with schaub and hunt that its bullshit and shady business
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Hunt Explodes Over Brock Lesnar’s USADA "Exemption"   Hunt Explodes Over Brock Lesnar’s USADA "Exemption" EmptyTue Jun 14, 2016 5:31 pm

drainbamage wrote:
its not that far fetched if you think about.
wrestlemania wwes biggest show was in april and I think brock was the headliner and hes also one of their biggest stars in that sport.
ufc needs ratings.
bad.
lots of talk about the 200 card sucking and not doing numbers. the ufc needed something big and they got brock to go in.

I think we're all with you right up to this point. Nobody is debating that Brock was brought in because UFC 200 needed a shot in the arm. There's nothing fishy or disputable or even shady about that.

Quote :
I'm not calling it a conspiracy theory or anything else. its plain and simple shady business in my eyes .
I do believe they knew he was going to compete for a long time and wrestlers have a history of steroids and being wrestlemania was in april I'm pretty sure brock was cycling for the biggest show in wwe.

why I think its shady is because
brock asked to be on this card months ago.
why didn't ufc submit his forms to usada and have that set up so when he fights this issue wouldn't have happened?
that's what leads me to believe that there was a possibility that brock was juicing for wrestlemania/wwe and they needed to wait it out until he was clean and announce the fight.
I happen to agree with schaub and hunt that its bullshit and shady business

Again, I don't think anybody is disputing (at least I personally am not) that Brock was likely or at least possibly on roids at some point in the recent past. But I don't see any reason to make the leap from there into a theory about cover ups and shady business and all that.
The reason it took a little time to sign the fight after Brock voiced interest in a return to MMA probably had more to do with the fact that- as you said- he was busy with Wrestlemania and his current WWE duties than it had to do with allowing him to cycle off.

This was a pre-existing rule the UFC already had in the book. They didn't suddenly invent it for this situation.

Lesnar may have been on roids. And he may have been interested in coming back to MMA sooner than it was officially announced. But that doesn't mean the two are definitely related and the situation is a big shady cover up.
That's quite a conclusion to jump to. I'm more inclined to believe it went something like this.

Dana- "Man, this sucks that this McGregor situation is casting a shadow over UFC 200. I wish I could find something big enough to wash that stink off of the card! Hey wait a sec, didn't Brock Lesnar recently say he would like to come back? Get him on the phone and see if we can work something out.

Brock- Hello? Oh, hey Dana! Would I like to fight at UFC 200? Sure!! Let's talk to Vince and see if we can work something out!

Dana- OK, great! Now, I know it's possible you've been on the juice. But if you're going to come back, you're under USADA jurisdiction, and you'll be tested like everyone else going forward, so you better be off of it now!

Brock- Understood.

The end.
I don't see what's so hard to believe about that, and why there has to be a seedy underbelly to every single situation.

Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: Hunt Explodes Over Brock Lesnar’s USADA "Exemption"   Hunt Explodes Over Brock Lesnar’s USADA "Exemption" EmptyTue Jun 14, 2016 6:35 pm

its possible.
I'm not debating it.
that very well may have been the exact conversation that they had.
I'm stating my stance on this and no one knows what really happened except for dana and brock.
a few fighters have voiced their opinions and think its bullshit other people have no problem with it.

I'm one of the people that think its not fair what happened and think as an mma fan it was bullshit.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Hunt Explodes Over Brock Lesnar’s USADA "Exemption"   Hunt Explodes Over Brock Lesnar’s USADA "Exemption" EmptyTue Jun 14, 2016 6:37 pm

All I am gonna say is this. Brock fucking Lesnar has never tested positive for anything in the history of EVER! Why is it so easy to speak like he has always been a juicer and has gotta be coming off a cycle? Because he is a beast of a human? Because he is a WWE guy? He got the job at WWE because he looked the way he did... he didn't suddenly blimp up in the WWE... like some other former Collegiate Wrestlers turned WWE turned MMA fighters... I'm looking at you Bobby Lashley!
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: Hunt Explodes Over Brock Lesnar’s USADA "Exemption"   Hunt Explodes Over Brock Lesnar’s USADA "Exemption" EmptyTue Jun 14, 2016 6:56 pm

youre right.
I don't know why its so easy to talk about him like that but I have always thought that brock lesnar was on juice.

bobby lashley definitely never juiced in his life.. good genetics.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Hunt Explodes Over Brock Lesnar’s USADA "Exemption"   Hunt Explodes Over Brock Lesnar’s USADA "Exemption" EmptyTue Jun 14, 2016 9:55 pm

Chrom wrote:
All I am gonna say is this. Brock fucking Lesnar has never tested positive for anything in the history of EVER! Why is it so easy to speak like he has always been a juicer and has gotta be coming off a cycle? Because he is a beast of a human? Because he is a WWE guy? He got the job at WWE because he looked the way he did... he didn't suddenly blimp up in the WWE... like some other former Collegiate Wrestlers turned WWE turned MMA fighters... I'm looking at you Bobby Lashley!

Yeah Im not trying to say he definitely did or did not. I'm just trying to state my opinion that IF he did, oh well; what he did during the time he was not an MMA fighter under the jurisdiction of the USADA is completely irrelevant.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5735

PostSubject: Re: Hunt Explodes Over Brock Lesnar’s USADA "Exemption"   Hunt Explodes Over Brock Lesnar’s USADA "Exemption" EmptyWed Jun 15, 2016 2:13 pm

Meh .... I say again MEH! If he pees clean he is clean....

Nobody got this butt hurt when the boys were loading up on TRT exemptions.

I'm looking forward to seeing the guy fight in the UFC again.... should be entertaining.

If Hunt really has a serious problem with the USADA exemption then file an appeal or go to court or... just STFU. The rest of us ..... MEH!
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Hunt Explodes Over Brock Lesnar’s USADA "Exemption"   Hunt Explodes Over Brock Lesnar’s USADA "Exemption" EmptyWed Jun 15, 2016 3:58 pm

Yep, pretty much. Meh indeed.

Until the day he pisses hot, he's clean IMO. All this "what if he did this" or "what if the UFC did that" is pointless fabrication without any evidence that it's happened or happening.
I could just as easily say Hunt is doing something he shouldn't be doing, but without proof or at least something circumstantial, it's completely baseless.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

PostSubject: Re: Hunt Explodes Over Brock Lesnar’s USADA "Exemption"   Hunt Explodes Over Brock Lesnar’s USADA "Exemption" EmptyThu Jun 16, 2016 6:48 am

Yeah I mean I guess it possible Dana approached Brock and said "hey we really need you for UFC 200" and Brock said "not sure let me think about it" and waited a couple of months until the coast was clear and then said ok.  But, the notion that the UFC and the WWE and Brock were all in on a coverup in the day and age where EVERYTHING leaks out is a bit far fetched for me.

I just am not sure why its so much easier for people to believe there is some multi-level conspiracy cover up going on instead of Brock just being a typical male who didn't bother filing any paperwork or even thinking about anything until he was sure he was fighting and he had to.  
When my wife and I first got married for almost a year she was trying to get me to go get a passport and I kept saying, "meh, we dont have any plans to fly anywhere" and then we booked a trip to Ireland and I had to run around like a maniac and pay all these extra expedite fees to get one in time lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hunt Explodes Over Brock Lesnar’s USADA "Exemption"   Hunt Explodes Over Brock Lesnar’s USADA "Exemption" Empty

Back to top Go down

Hunt Explodes Over Brock Lesnar’s USADA "Exemption"
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next